[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: alleged sexual assault investigation of 4 on 1 by public saftey  (Read 102856 times)

timinatorx3

• Starter
Re: alleged sexual assault investigation of 4 on 1 by public saftey
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2011, 09:13:08 PM »
Well the accusations have been made, therefore the accused must be guilty and there must've been a coverup...No investigation needed

Boy, it really seems like you are guilty until proven innocent in cases like this. But who cares if the reputations of innocent people and/or institutions get damaged, as long as it's somebody else's reputation at stake...?

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2011, 09:17:38 PM »
It is unfortunate that this happened, but I am glad that somebody came forth.  I have seen the basketball team have this same disregard for other women (in ways that have already been posted in these messages) and it is completely unacceptable.  I just hope that Marquette had the decency to handle this correctly and there is not something that comes out later to dispute that. 

Hey mods, if there was ever a thread where it might be a good idea to ban nameless, faceless trolls with unsubstantiated claims, do you think this might be it?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2011, 09:19:35 PM »
May justice be done.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2011, 09:20:15 PM »

Boy, it really seems like you are guilty until proven innocent in cases like this. But who cares if the reputations of innocent people and/or institutions get damaged, as long as it's somebody else's reputation at stake...?

I don't know if that's really what's been communicated in this thread... But we've all seen situations like this play out at other universities, and I think most people are justified in preparing themselves for the worst. At least for myself, I'm hoping for the best (all the individuals involved are innocent), and bracing for a disaster (they are guilty, and deservedly are punished, resulting in a huge PR mess for MU and devastating ramifications for the short term future of our program).

Either way, I hope justice is done. If they are innocent, then I hope they are fully exonerated. If not... they deserve what they get. Would sure be a shame to see the university smeared publicly because of some stupid decisions on the part of whoever these 4 dudes are.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2011, 09:24:24 PM »
By the way, I don't think this is a superbar topic. It is directly related to the men's bball program.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2011, 09:26:51 PM »
I don't know if that's really what's been communicated in this thread... But we've all seen situations like this play out at other universities, and I think most people are justified in preparing themselves for the worst. At least for myself, I'm hoping for the best (all the individuals involved are innocent), and bracing for a disaster (they are guilty, and deservedly are punished, resulting in a huge PR mess for MU and devastating ramifications for the short term future of our program).

Either way, I hope justice is done. If they are innocent, then I hope they are fully exonerated. If not... they deserve what they get. Would sure be a shame to see the university smeared publicly because of some stupid decisions on the part of whoever these 4 dudes are.

Or you have situations like Duke Lax. I'll wait until the findings are released. If it was anything more than the grey area between harassment and assault, this would have been released to MPD for criminal prosecution. I don't think Marquette believes a basketball team (especially this basketball team [meaning only that we don't have oodles of NBA-quality talent]) is above Marquette's good name. I have faith in the system here.

Either way, I'm sure we'll find that her outfit was "hankering for a (tails off)..."

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
Or you have situations like Duke Lax. I'll wait until the findings are released. If it was anything more than the grey area between harassment and assault, this would have been released to MPD for criminal prosecution. I don't think Marquette believes a basketball team (especially this basketball team [meaning only that we don't have oodles of NBA-quality talent]) is above Marquette's good name. I have faith in the system here.

I am prone to agree with all of that reasoning. I hope very strongly that you are absolutely spot on. My tendency is to believe that my alma mater, as an institution, maintains a high enough level of integrity to handle stuff like this the right way even where other institutions might not. I am a realist, however, and know that naivety can get you burned sometimes. Hopefully our faith in MU is well placed.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2011, 09:35:13 PM »
As a father of a daughter....don't think this is cool at all.
Get over yourself. You're not the only person with a daughter. You people are all jumping to huge conclusions. Sounds to me like NOTHING HAPPENED! Please define "sexual harrassment" to me, particularly as it pertains to college relationships. It's complete nonsense and it appears that the powers that be agree with me.

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2011, 09:37:20 PM »

Either way, I'm sure we'll find that her outfit was "hankering for a (tails off)..."

That's what I'm talking about. I also have faith in the system; it just seems to me that when people start talking coverup and who should or shouldn't be fired, there is guilt being unfairly assumed that can lead to reputations being unjustifiably tarnished.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2011, 09:39:19 PM »
Get over yourself. You're not the only person with a daughter. You people are all jumping to huge conclusions. Sounds to me like NOTHING HAPPENED! Please define "sexual harrassment" to me, particularly as it pertains to college relationships. It's complete nonsense and it appears that the powers that be agree with me.

All I know is that, as a father, if any loser college kid did anything constituting sexual harassment toward my daughter, he better hope I don't find him. That stuff isn't just a joke that we can all laugh about. It's serious stuff. Maybe you disagree, but I think that says more about you than it does about this particular situation.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2011, 09:40:31 PM »
I am prone to agree with all of that reasoning. I hope very strongly that you are absolutely spot on. My tendency is to believe that my alma mater, as an institution, maintains a high enough level of integrity to handle stuff like this the right way even where other institutions might not. I am a realist, however, and know that naivety can get you burned sometimes. Hopefully our faith in MU is well placed.

It's times like this that I really hope we're sticking to the Cura Personalis motto. I'm like you in that I like to hope I can place more faith in my alma mater than simply as a school hungry for revenues, donations, and tuition money. I've always been proud to say that I went to Marquette, and I've always believed that it means more than just the piece of paper they handed me when I left.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2011, 09:42:03 PM »
One person's sexual harassment is another person's conquest and high five affair.  Sorry PRN, I and others thought your comments on this were way to cavalier.  You sounded like Bobby Knight when he said if being raped, just sit back and enjoy it.

No way am I saying these guys did anything wrong.  We don't know the details and they are all owed a presumption of innocence.  This could be a lot of nothing and probably is. 

Unfortunately there are MU athletes on the incident report and that is never a good thing to see. 

I guess Dodds or someone on hisboard is worried that it is a MU athletics administrator that I spoke to...let me be clear...It Was NOT.  End of story on that speculation. 

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2011, 09:42:51 PM »
It's times like this that I really hope we're sticking to the Cura Personalis motto. I'm like you in that I like to hope I can place more faith in my alma mater than simply as a school hungry for revenues, donations, and tuition money. I've always been proud to say that I went to Marquette, and I've always believed that it means more than just the piece of paper they handed me when I left.

+1

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2011, 09:46:14 PM »
Mods, maybe we lock these down until we know more (that is, something is actually announced and facts are ascertained)?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2011, 09:46:38 PM »
One person's sexual harassment is another person's conquest and high five affair.  Sorry PRN, I and others thought your comments on this were way to cavalier.  You sounded like Bobby Knight when he said if being raped, just sit back and enjoy it.

Why are you inserting "rape" into a conversation about "sexual harrassment?" Take a deep breath!!

You guys are way out over your skiis on this story.

LON

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2011, 09:56:04 PM »
http://www.wisn.com/news/27345574/detail.html

"That just goes to show that there's a double standard being held," sophomore Derrick Wendler said.

Wendler said the police investigation has been the talk on campus over the past week.

"If I did something like that, I would expect to be punished for it, just like they should be punished for it," Wendler said.

Did they really just randomly ask a student about rumors on campus, and then put his quotes in the story?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2011, 09:56:19 PM »
Just to be clear on this, I can say with 100% confidence that F*ckin' was not in Humphey on the day of the alleged incident.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2011, 09:57:32 PM »
Why are you inserting "rape" into a conversation about "sexual harrassment?" Take a deep breath!!

You guys are way out over your skiis on this story.

Whoa whoa there.  In no way am I suggesting rape.  I actually agree with you that usually these incidents are just a bunch of young guys and gals that typically have z bit too much, hormones get cranked up and they hook up.  Stuff happens every night in college and certainly athletes are doing better than the future psychologist options trader.

My Bobby Knight comment has to do with how cavalier your statements were...just as his were on an important topic.  This can be serious stuff and shouldn't be made fun of or made out like it's no big deal.  It might, in fact, be no big deal.  In fact, it would not surprise me one bit if it's nothing.  That doesn't mean we should dismiss it as if it's a joke

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2011, 10:01:40 PM »

This gets another +1 from me...there is no way the school should overlook this because of what a certain individual might bring to any athletic program or bottom line...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2011, 10:02:07 PM »
Whoa whoa there.  In no way am I suggesting rape.  I actually agree with you that usually these incidents are just a bunch of young guys and gals that typically have z bit too much, hormones get cranked up and they hook up.  Stuff happens every night in college and certainly athletes are doing better than the future psychologist options trader.

My Bobby Knight comment has to do with how cavalier your statements were...just as his were on an important topic.  This can be serious stuff and shouldn't be made fun of or made out like it's no big deal.  It might, in fact, be no big deal.  In fact, it would not surprise me one bit if it's nothing.  That doesn't mean we should dismiss it as if it's a joke

+1.

Its not a unnatural carnal knowledgeing joke PRN. And you made those comments to get a rise out everyone. If anyone needs to get over themselves right now,its you and your behavior.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2011, 10:03:10 PM »
I'm amazed that was quoted in the article. Also, I may be a bit out of the loop, but this wasn't something that has been making its rounds around campus lately. I've heard some people who heard about it awhile ago, but that was only after this came out today. I hope that this is all a case of someone blowing something out of proportion, but no matter what happens, I hope the right thing is done, whatever that may be.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2011, 10:03:34 PM »
http://www.wisn.com/news/27345574/detail.html

"That just goes to show that there's a double standard being held," sophomore Derrick Wendler said.

Wendler said the police investigation has been the talk on campus over the past week.

"If I did something like that, I would expect to be punished for it, just like they should be punished for it," Wendler said.

Did they really just randomly ask a student about rumors on campus, and then put his quotes in the story?

I thought that same thing. Is he a member of student government or some group that would make him a "voice" for the students?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2011, 10:05:24 PM »
Boy .. listening to the TMJ4 story just now .. hearing a MU spokeswoman say (paraphrasing) .. we investigated the sexual harassment issue and the students were found "not responsible for sexual harassment under our student conduct code.   We did a through investigation back in October."

.. Had there been more of a story there, the spokeswoman would have been FAR more circumspect about what she reported.  That was a very definitive statement.

If you had that, and only that to decide .. you'd think this story was all smoke and no fire.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2011, 10:07:03 PM »
the main thing that I've learned from reading this thread is that Jam has my proxy to speak for me on the subject until further notice.

NCAARules

• Starter
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2011, 10:09:31 PM »
Boy .. listening to the TMJ4 story just now .. hearing a MU spokeswoman say (paraphrasing) .. we investigated the sexual harassment issue and the students were found "not responsible for sexual harassment under our student conduct code.   We did a through investigation back in October."

Actually - she said not responsible of sexual "assault" - did not say anything re: harrassment.

Just trying to correct what little bit of record there is on this.