[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: alleged sexual assault investigation of 4 on 1 by public saftey  (Read 102676 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: alleged sexual assault investigation of 4 on 1 by public saftey
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 06:49:08 PM »
According to the other board:

It was reported on Channel 4 Jerry Boyle is representing the student Aathletes.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 06:53:23 PM »
I thought you were going to say because of the JUCO influence.

Sounds like from Sultan it was a member(s) of the hoops team and not sure if other sports involved.

At least two are basketball players.  I do not know who the other two are.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 06:54:57 PM »

The victim was apparently counseled repeatedly that she could go to the Police, but declined and let Public Safety do the investigation.  MU does not turn such investigations over to Police on their own.  Now, the debate is going to be is what does "counseled" mean.

And yes, basketball players were involved.

Do you know which players as in getting the information back door? Or did you read somewhere that it was four basketball players?

My only thought is that to have Boyle representing college kids at an internal disciplinary hearing explains all I need to know.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 06:56:42 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:00:03 PM by reinko »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 06:56:49 PM »
What I'm hearing....All four are basketball players...three are high profile.

Sigh.  
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:47:57 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

🏀

• All American

nyg

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, 07:02:49 PM »
ok, no sexual assault.  but sexual harrassment.  can anyone help me out with that one?  that is really a broad(no pun) topic.  anything from a "dirty joke" to saying things to her that made her feel uncomfortable, right? but no touching, right? i'm really not being a smart ass about this, but what could merit an athletes code thing, because unless more peple came forward to corroborate, it becomes a he said-she said and what constitutes offense

In the majority of cases, sexual assault involves "the touching" aspect.  Examples would be grabbing a woman's breast area, rear, etc.  It could also involve hugging, grinding without the victim's consent.  You get the point.  In sexual assault cases there is no penetration involved.  If so, then the case gets upgraded to a rape charge, in which the MU Public Safety Office would be required to contact Milwaukee Police. Sexual Harrassment is exactly what you explained and is a civil matter with no law enforcement necessary.  

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 07:04:34 PM »
Whatever. Sexual harrassment among college kids? Are you kidding me? If you're not sexually harrassing somebody in college you're not trying hard enough.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 07:07:23 PM »
Whatever. Sexual harrassment among college kids? Are you kidding me? If you're not sexually harrassing somebody in college you're not trying hard enough.

Terribly inappropriate. Please delete.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2011, 07:12:43 PM »
Wisn article says the UNIVERSITY found them guilty of harassment. assault I'm sure is what is on the table with the police right now.

$hit is going to blow up and anyone that was involved in possibly hiding it for this long needs to be gone

babytownfrolics

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2011, 07:12:52 PM »

Sigh.  
According to whom?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:50:42 PM by rocky_warrior »

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2011, 07:16:32 PM »
In the majority of cases, sexual assault involves "the touching" aspect.  Examples would be grabbing a woman's breast area, rear, etc.  It could also involve hugging, grinding without the victim's consent.  You get the point.  In sexual assault cases there is no penetration involved.  If so, then the case gets upgraded to a rape charge, in which the MU Public Safety Office would be required to contact Milwaukee Police. Sexual Harrassment is exactly what you explained and is a civil matter with no law enforcement necessary.  
thanks for a clarification, but according to wisn-they were cleared of sexual assault, but looking more at the sexual harrassment issue.  now if any touching, squeezing,without victims consent  occurred-that would be assault. so the harrassment thing is kind of squishy.  if you watch a high school "dance", it looks like one big orgie with their clothes on.  i mean it is one physical activity going on-like standing up lap dances.  doesn't usually leave any evidence, but i'm sure anythingis possible with kids now days.  so this brings me back to harassment...does the student/athletic handbook address this?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2011, 07:21:15 PM »
If there was sexual assault the players need to prosecuted and anyone that covered it up this long needs to be fired, up to and including Buzz.  Having said that, I find it very difficult to understand how the victim and/or university would/could keep this under wraps for 5 months???  Something doesn't seem right about this whole thing
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2011, 07:21:58 PM »

As a father of a daughter....don't think this is cool at all.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2011, 07:25:32 PM »
According to whom?

I slightly amended my post to say "according to what I'm hearing".  I trust my source as he/she is very involved with MU...can't get much more involved.  I obviously didn't state any names for a reason because the names haven't been released yet. 

Always two sides to the story(if not 20 sides) so this will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  Bummer that this has come up.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »

OK...I knew two of these.

Do you know which players as in getting the information back door? Or did you read somewhere that it was four basketball players?

I have a family member who is in a position to know this and legally share it with me.  This person does not work for the athletic department nor are they connected with the athletic department in any way.  I first heard about this in December and frankly forgot about it until this evening.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:51:10 PM by rocky_warrior »

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2011, 07:27:48 PM »
I slightly amended my post to say "according to what I'm hearing".  I trust my source as he/she is very involved with MU...can't get much more involved.  I obviously didn't state any names for a reason because the names haven't been released yet. 

Always two sides to the story(if not 20 sides) so this will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  Bummer that this has come up.

I am hearing similar to Chicos, very detrimental to next year if these rumors are true.

JimmyB!

• Walk-On
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2011, 07:28:26 PM »
I heard some rumors on campus flying around about .. a few months back. However, even if the rumors are true I'm not sure what he did would be considered sexual harassment.

Disclaimer - I am not claiming to know anything about this current case... only rumors circulating campus a few months ago.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:33:43 PM by mu_hilltopper »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2011, 07:30:37 PM »
I heard some rumors on campus flying around about ..a few months back.

Please, please, please....do not bring up individual names.  It isn't really fair until they become public.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:33:55 PM by mu_hilltopper »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2011, 07:31:34 PM »

Please, please, please....do not bring up individual names.  It isn't really fair until they become public.

+1000000000000000000

JimmyB!

• Walk-On
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2011, 07:31:58 PM »

Please, please, please....do not bring up individual names.  It isn't really fair until they become public.

As I said, I don't know anything about this case.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2011, 07:33:30 PM »
.. is a good kid, and you see him on campus and anyone could see that. Don't say crap like that
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:34:10 PM by mu_hilltopper »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2011, 07:35:39 PM »
Right now, all I see is a bunch of people spouting off without any facts.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2011, 07:36:36 PM »
I know nothing inside about this case, but I do know this...if Jerry Boyle (Jeffrey Dahmer and Mark Chumura's attorney for those of you outside of MKE) is representing you in front of the student conduct board, that is a bit concerning. 

But remember, there is a difference between sexual harassment and sexual assault.  Certainly there is some gray area, but one certainly does not equal the other.  I could forsee a scenario here where the University found what they did as harassment, but the accuser brought forward the complaint to MPD hoping for the result that she wanted. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:39:42 PM by Tom Crean's Tanning Bed »
The General has taken on a new command.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2011, 07:40:09 PM »
thanks for a clarification, but according to wisn-they were cleared of sexual assault, but looking more at the sexual harrassment issue.  now if any touching, squeezing,without victims consent  occurred-that would be assault. so the harrassment thing is kind of squishy.  if you watch a high school "dance", it looks like one big orgie with their clothes on.  i mean it is one physical activity going on-like standing up lap dances.  doesn't usually leave any evidence, but i'm sure anythingis possible with kids now days.  so this brings me back to harassment...does the student/athletic handbook address this?

They were cleared of sexual assault by the MU Public Safety Office, which reviewed the case and for reasons unknown did not refer to the Milwaukee Police.  MU Public Safety Office does not oversee criminal investigations.  It is apparent the victim, through either an attorneys, friends, or whoever did not agree with that decision.  The next step was to go to Milwaukee Police and advise them of the facts and to make a formal complaint.  The Milwaukee Police will do their investigation and present their findings to City District Attorneys Office for a prosecutorial decision.  This will now ensure an outside law enforcement entity will conduct the investigation. I presume that this case will receive massive media coverage and look for a quick decision, especially if Milwaukee Police has had this case for a few weeks.  

Only real question is the timeframe issue.  Why the wait?

feedback