[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

Where is Marquette? by muwarrior69
[Today at 09:46:37 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: alleged sexual assault investigation of 4 on 1 by public saftey  (Read 102372 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: alleged sexual assault investigation of 4 on 1 by public saftey
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2011, 07:41:47 PM »
I know nothing inside about this case, but I do know this...if Jerry Boyle (Jeffrey Dahmer and Mark Chumura's attorney for those of you outside of MKE) is representing you in front of the student conduct board, that is a bit concerning. 

But remember, there is a difference between sexual harassment and sexual assault.  Certainly there is some gray area, but one certainly does not equal the other.  I could forsee a scenario here where the University found what they did as harassment, but the accuser brought forward the complaint to MPD hoping for the result that she wanted. 

Gerry is a Marquette booster.  You often see him on road trips at the NCAA tournament for MU games.  From what I understand, he has helped the university over the years on some legal matters.  I don't know how accurate that is, but that's what I've heard. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2011, 07:43:01 PM »
+1000000000000000000

Giving hints about who they are is almost as bad because it gets the rumor mill going even faster. Personally, I'd like to see you delete that post.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2011, 07:43:16 PM »
If you were a girl reporting 4 players to the police and your name came out while they were on a run to the sweet 16 do u think students would be sweet to you? thats why the wait

JimmyB!

• Walk-On
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2011, 07:45:08 PM »
Giving hints about who they are is almost as bad because it gets the rumor mill going even faster. Personally, I'd like to see you delete that post.

Sorry, think I misread your post.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:47:57 PM by joseywales »

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2011, 07:45:36 PM »
Gerry is a Marquette booster.  You often see him on road trips at the NCAA tournament for MU games.  From what I understand, he has helped the university over the years on some legal matters.  I don't know how accurate that is, but that's what I've heard.  

I've met Gerry on several occasions, so I am quite aware of his connection to the university.  And yes, I have heard the same as well.

Only real question is the timeframe issue.  Why the wait?

Having 2 friends/contacts that have gone through the student conduct process with this type of situation (being accused of rape/sexual assault, both acquitted), this does take somewhat of a while to wind through with the university channels.  Especially if this situation took place in late October/early November, this is probably not going to be dealt with in December or early January while students are taking finals/on break from campus.  Now, certainly, the timing of the news coming out is quite concerning, but I don't think the timeframe of all this working itself out is that extreme.
The General has taken on a new command.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2011, 07:47:47 PM »
What does my post say that gives more "hints" than previous posts?

I was referring to Chicos' post about the players.

JimmyB!

• Walk-On
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2011, 07:48:23 PM »
I was referring to Chicos' post about the players.

Yup, sorry. Misunderstood it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2011, 07:48:43 PM »

I made them sufficiently vague IMO, but as a precaution I changed it even more.  The problem is that someone quoted my post so it still lives.  You'll have to have him delete or modify that post.

GB Warrior

• All American
Are storm clouds gathering for MU Athletics?
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2011, 07:51:57 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/118783474.html

No names, no sports listed, but you wonder...

MUDayz

• Walk-On
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2011, 08:22:15 PM »
It is unfortunate that this happened, but I am glad that somebody came forth.  I have seen the basketball team have this same disregard for other women (in ways that have already been posted in these messages) and it is completely unacceptable.  I just hope that Marquette had the decency to handle this correctly and there is not something that comes out later to dispute that. 

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2011, 08:25:19 PM »
If you were a girl reporting 4 players to the police and your name came out while they were on a run to the sweet 16 do u think students would be sweet to you? thats why the wait

But what of the wait prior to the Sweet Sixteen berth?

This was an average basketball team for nearly three months. It wasn't like she would be vilified beyond belief like she was taking down a surefire #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Even factoring in time to get the process rolling and University breaks, a four month interval is a pretty long amount of time.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2011, 08:28:59 PM »
It is unfortunate that this happened, but I am glad that somebody came forth.  I have seen the basketball team have this same disregard for other women (in ways that have already been posted in these messages) and it is completely unacceptable.  I just hope that Marquette had the decency to handle this correctly and there is not something that comes out later to dispute that. 

You do realize that there are plenty of other men on the Marquette campus that treat women like absolute garbage as well, right?  It's a problem that's not just confined to athletes (if it's even basketball players we're talking about here), but a lot of males on any college campus. 
The General has taken on a new command.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2011, 08:29:27 PM »
pretty sad that even slightly vague descriptions of who the players are...  surely can place names to the accused...

let this play out..   if they are guilty, then punish them...

if they are not guilty, you have surely associated them with a negative event...

LON

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2011, 08:29:52 PM »

You're unreal.

MUDayz

• Walk-On
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2011, 08:40:24 PM »
You're unreal.

Maybe I said it the wrong way, but I just want to make sure Marquette isn't handling this the wrong way.  I am a student and do see plenty of things and hope everything is handled appropriately.  That is all.

MUViking

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2011, 08:41:18 PM »
I rarely post on here, but I wanted to come over and say that it is imperative that we all use some common sense and discretion here.  Rumors can fly, but it is irresponsible and harmful to post every little rumor you hear.  Let justice run its course...

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2011, 08:42:18 PM »
Yeah MUDayz all of us students see the players on weekends doing whatever they do. They all travel together the only time we see them is at lunch. Get out of here unless your like best buds or live in Humphrey. Otherwise your just being the typical kid that doesn't really give a crap about MU basketball and sits in the dorm when there is a game.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2011, 08:42:45 PM »

OK, so that takes it up to.....last week. Doesn't explain the rest of the timeframe.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2011, 08:54:02 PM »
I made them sufficiently vague IMO, but as a precaution I changed it even more.  The problem is that someone quoted my post so it still lives.  You'll have to have him delete or modify that post.

I've fixed the quotes to represent your present post.  I would also echo the sentiment that it's ok to discuss facts here, but stay out of the speculation.  Let the Police, MU, and involved parties figure things out without posting rumors.

groove

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2011, 08:58:16 PM »
If this is a south bend type of cover up or drawing out the process to get through the season then people will get fired including buzz. Better hold off on the extension.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »
If this is a south bend type of cover up or drawing out the process to get through the season then people will get fired including buzz. Better hold off on the extension.

we got groove's angle.  that's a hilarious post with rocky's warning about speculation right above.........  next post down saturated with speculation.

groove

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2011, 09:07:58 PM »
Yeah har har har. The whole thread is speculation. You just don't like speculation that would put buzz in bad light.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »

We can always count on you to assume the absolute worst and almost assuredly untrue scenario. Thanks for staying consistant.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2011, 09:09:01 PM »

This, of course, makes no sense.
The university, much less the coaching staff, doesn't control the timeline here as far as the girl reporting/not reporting to police. Unlike ND, Marquette doesn't have a certified police force. This girl could have, and perhaps should have, taken this to police from the start.  The fact that she didn't at the very least raises legitimate questions about the allegations.
I understand there's no universal way for a person to deal with something like this, but if another student commits a serious act of violence against me, I'm not taking it to Public Safety and hoping they do something about it when they, in fact, have no power to do something about it. I'm calling the cops.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2011, 09:10:36 PM »
Yeah har har har. The whole thread is speculation. You just don't like speculation that would put buzz in bad light.

hop out of the dumpster oscar.....thought it was funny.

I don't care if it shows bad on Buzz, I just know you've been pushing to get a new coach.   Lets calm it down a notch tonight, groovester.