collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: alleged sexual assault investigation of 4 on 1 by public saftey  (Read 102795 times)

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
the alleged assault allegedly occurred on october 30, 2011 at an alleged party at an alleged location by 4 alledged marquette males on an alleged marquette female.

what purpose is this "news" article fullfilling??  it says allegedly, essentially nothing.  until any information can be told, this should not have been printed, yet.  no is in danger-allegedly and this doesn't appear to be a pattern, i don't think. umm, october 30th??  let's see, did basketball even start yet?  was there snow yet?  wtf...  so other than to try to damage MU's from a public relations point of view-there is nothing here.  from a personal point of view, i hope this alleged assault did not happen however, let's get the real news out(if there is any) before these people start collecting their pensions

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/118783474.html

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
Re: alleged sexual assault investigation of 4 on 1 by public saftey
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »
the alleged assault allegedly occurred on october 30, 2011 at an alleged party at an alleged location by 4 alledged marquette males on an alleged marquette female.

what purpose is this "news" article fullfilling??  it says allegedly, essentially nothing.  until any information can be told, this should not have been printed, yet.  no is in danger-allegedly and this doesn't appear to be a pattern, i don't think. umm, october 30th??  let's see, did basketball even start yet?  was there snow yet?  wtf...  so other than to try to damage MU's from a public relations point of view-there is nothing here.  from a personal point of view, i hope this alleged assault did not happen however, let's get the real news out(if there is any) before these people start collecting their pensions

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/118783474.html

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

ummmm...proofread?

wyzgy

• Team Captain
Re: alleged sexual assault investigation of 4 on 1 by public safety
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 05:19:11 PM »
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

mmmm...proofread?

that was very insightful.  thanks for the mercy part :-* maybe thru your dyslexia, you could see the many very subtle points i was making, but then again, i don't ask your approval or grade shall we say-warrior

MUDayz

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 05:21:49 PM »
My understanding is the reason it was not brought to the public's attention sooner was due to it involving MU basketball players.  The internal investigation was made by Marquette employees and seems to have been kept under wraps, but now the MPD has gotten involved.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 05:29:26 PM »
My understanding is the reason it was not brought to the public's attention sooner was due to it involving MU basketball players.  The internal investigation was made by Marquette employees and seems to have been kept under wraps, but now the MPD has gotten involved.

thanks mudayz, now that was the type of response i guess i would've expected, rather than one posted earlier by a guy with a non-original screen name who can't decipher :o  may God have mercy on the people involved here-i hope nothing bad happened to the victim and it was all a misunderstanding.  no one likes to hear of this violent act happenning anywhere, especially this close to home-allegedly

MULS1999

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 05:37:06 PM »

For a first ever post, that's a doozy. 

I've heard mutterings about player involvement, but suggesting report of a bona fide assault would/could be kept from the authorities for 5 months without the alleged victim's consent seems far fetched.  While I hope not, I think we are all about to learn more about this than any of us would prefer.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 05:50:27 PM »
If they tried going Notre Dame style and covered this up, that is completely unacceptable.

I don't understand how this could go 5 months without being reported to the police by the victim at the least?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 05:51:21 PM »
If they tried going Notre Dame style and covered this up, that is completely unacceptable.

I don't understand how this could go 5 months without being reported to the police by the victim at the least?

+1

If this is more than "alleged," why does it come out at the end of March when it happened in October?

letsgomarquette32

• Walk-On
bad news
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 06:01:12 PM »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
Re: bad news
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 06:03:19 PM »

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 06:04:15 PM »
which is where this one should be moved....

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 06:04:52 PM »
Cat is out of the bag now.

This thing could really blow up in MU's face if there's something to these allegations.

letsgomarquette32

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 06:08:09 PM »
Sorry... I figured since the allegations are against 4 athletes it belonged in the section pertaining to marquette athletics.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 06:08:38 PM »
According to the Journal Sentnal article, there was a disciplinary hearing held by the Division of Student Affairs.  I really hope that if something legit had been uncovered, they would have contacted MPD sooner than five months later.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 06:09:35 PM »

If it's up to the victim to decide to go to MPD with it, then it's up to the victim to decide when they want to go forward with everything that is involved in a police investigation/trial.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 06:10:15 PM »
The timing of this coming out just after the season ends isn't going to look good IF basketball players are involved.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:18:31 PM by StillWarriors »

nyg

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 06:12:55 PM »
From other thread article, sounds like:

1) Possible assault by MU student athletes at a party and victim made complaint to MU police.

2) MU Police review the facts of the case and determine no further action deemed appropriate.  Reasons unknown, probably due to lack of credible evidence/statements, but decline to refer the case to Milwaukee Police Department.

3) Case is referred to MU Committee for student violations action

4) Victim doesn't like that referral and contacts Milwaukee Police.  

For referral actions that appears to be a lengthy timeframe and the October to March could be just coincidental.  No mention about the student athletes being basketball players, but the odds are high.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 06:14:33 PM »

For referral actions that appears to be a lengthy timeframe and the October to March could be just coincidental.  No mention about the student athletes being basketball players, but the odds are high.

Why do you say odds are high?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 06:16:42 PM »
I've heard mutterings about player involvement, but suggesting report of a bona fide assault would/could be kept from the authorities for 5 months without the alleged victim's consent seems far fetched.  While I hope not, I think we are all about to learn more about this than any of us would prefer.

The victim was apparently counseled repeatedly that she could go to the Police, but declined and let Public Safety do the investigation.  MU does not turn such investigations over to Police on their own.  Now, the debate is going to be is what does "counseled" mean.

And yes, basketball players were involved.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 06:17:42 PM »

The victim was apparently counseled repeatedly that she could go to the Police, but declined and let Public Safety do the investigation.  MU does not turn such investigations over to Police on their own.  Now, the debate is going to be is what does "counseled" mean.

And yes, basketball players were involved.

Outstanding   :(

nyg

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 06:18:28 PM »
Why do you say odds are high?

It could be members of the soccer team, so the odds are high for them also. Or it could be two members of the B-ball and two from track.  But in a scenario, the teams hang out with each other.  Just going with the dates.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 06:26:17 PM »
The scout board also says that the television report stated that the victim was told throughout that she could contact the police at an time.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 06:28:09 PM »
It could be members of the soccer team, so the odds are high for them also. Or it could be two members of the B-ball and two from track.  But in a scenario, the teams hang out with each other.  Just going with the dates.

I thought you were going to say because of the JUCO influence.

Sounds like from Sultan it was a member(s) of the hoops team and not sure if other sports involved.  Unfortunate. Hope it's a he said \ she said trist gone bad and nothing more.  Keeping MU off the print pages and police blotters is a big deal for me.  If they do end up there, it is obviously my hope that they are exonerated fully. Most importantly, that justice is served.

Bummer...hope this is nothing.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 06:31:38 PM »
Be careful here. The timing/nature of the story, etc., raise concerns that the young lady has an attorney leveraging this into a suit against the school...when her claim itself (assault) shoots higher than the facts supporting(finding was for sexual harrassment), the fallback is for her atty, through PR/plant story,  to very publicly attack the investigation, or the institution, especially if you can damage one of its crown jewels.
MU, Get sworn statements quickly, photos, witnesses, and get out in front of this, before leverage/greed and watergate instincts bogs it down, amplifies its consequences, and damages some lives, further.
To the attorney, get out of the press, and get down to the courthouse if you have a claim worthy of suit.

BTW...when did Halloween become the annual ladies in sexy dress night?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:50:24 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 06:46:36 PM »
ok, no sexual assault.  but sexual harrassment.  can anyone help me out with that one?  that is really a broad(no pun) topic.  anything from a "dirty joke" to saying things to her that made her feel uncomfortable, right? but no touching, right? i'm really not being a smart ass about this, but what could merit an athletes code thing, because unless more peple came forward to corroborate, it becomes a he said-she said and what constitutes offense