[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette Eliminating Senior Week  (Read 3600 times)

Badgerhater

• All American
Re: Marquette Eliminating Senior Week
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2023, 01:43:16 PM »
I remember my last final on Friday and going to work on Saturday.  The new boss wasn’t going to wait. 

I had a job lined up before graduation and none of my friends attending senior week had one.

Worked there 19 years and had lots of flexibility after my first year, but no one got any flexibility in year 1.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2023, 01:48:11 PM »
I remember my last final on Friday and going to work on Saturday.  The new boss wasn’t going to wait. 

I had a job lined up before graduation and none of my friends attending senior week had one.

Worked there 19 years and had lots of flexibility after my first year, but no one got any flexibility in year 1.

You worked at a place for 19 years? That's crazy

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2023, 02:13:07 PM »
You worked at a place for 19 years? That's crazy
I’m on year 26 at my present company.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2023, 02:49:06 PM »
I’m on year 26 at my present company.

I’m on 22
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2023, 02:53:28 PM »
I’m on 22
Its actually about 17 if you subtract all of your time on scoop

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2023, 03:53:12 PM »

😂😂😂

Sultan is in high school by that metric.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2023, 04:13:46 PM »

Management has its perks?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2023, 04:39:36 PM »
Any expenditures on Senior Week were negligible.

Let's call a spade a spade. It's about MU not wanting a full week of drinking on campus after finals.

Expenditures yeah probably.  Risk probably not.  But again no benefit to Marquette so why spend anything or take any risk?

This sucks.  Couldn't agree more.  But this is what happens when you push universities to operate like the private sector. I'm not even making a judgement there, just a reality of the situation.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2023, 04:44:56 PM »
Senior Week was getting a keg at 10am, watching day baseball and going to Heg’s after the keg was finished.

I started work the Monday after graduation, so I’m guessing kids will take a week after graduation before entering the workforce.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 04:46:44 PM by 🏀 »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2023, 06:00:29 PM »
Management has its perks?

Hell yeah bruh. Sounds like you’ve got the yung bois well trained at making the sandwiches. Congrats!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2023, 06:55:08 PM »

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2023, 09:25:00 AM »
My niece just graduated from MU.  She and her friends had a fantastic “senior week.”  Loads of activities, and, yes, much drinking as in days past. Just not university planned, I guess.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2023, 09:49:17 AM »
My niece just graduated from MU.  She and her friends had a fantastic “senior week.”  Loads of activities, and, yes, much drinking as in days past. Just not university planned, I guess.

Crisis averted.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2023, 07:14:08 AM »
I can’t believe the # of texts I have gotten from disgusted alums tonight.  And all I am is a former MUSG (nee ASMU) VP. 

Not a lot of happy alums.  Based on my constituency, this could be worse than Warriors.  There’s zero explanation, zero rationale.

At long freaking last. Does this mean we can FINALLY stop the pissing and moaning about the nickname change from 30 years ago? I'm looking forward to the seniorweek4ever username changes and people at long last having something new to cry about.

That's it, all Warriors complaints and references are over. From this point on, you can only whine about the 2024 Senior Week loss.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2023, 07:15:58 AM »
Let’s call it Senior Warrior Week going forward

tower912

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2023, 07:42:44 AM »
Nolongerseniorweek
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2023, 09:06:03 AM »
Modern Senior week is nothing like it was when I graduated. No Brewers game, no Senior Ball, very few organized events.  So far, I think the parents are more upset than the students and are saying things like, "Once again, the Class of 2024 is getting the shaft".

The point for us wasn't lame organized events. It was to hang out with the friends you made, party, have fun, enjoy your last week together before you all go your separate ways. You can say people could stay a week after graduation, but the reality is, many won't. They will start jobs, backpack in Europe, or do whatever it is they are planning to do post-college. Having a week built in ensured everyone was around.

This stinks.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 09:10:32 AM by Coleman »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2023, 09:29:44 AM »
The point for us wasn't lame organized events. It was to hang out with the friends you made, party, have fun, enjoy your last week together before you all go your separate ways. You can say people could stay a week after graduation, but the reality is, many won't. They will start jobs, backpack in Europe, or do whatever it is they are planning to do post-college. Having a week built in ensured everyone was around.

This stinks.

My guess is that the people lamenting the ending of senior week had a freaking blast.   Partying, hooking up, enjoying the last week of total fun before reality set in (or you had summer school at 8 am on Monday to graduate in August).  Official events or not.  (I think went to the Brewers game and that was it.)

The people saying "no big deal. No loss" were probably no fun then and no fun now.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2023, 09:40:09 AM »
My guess is that the people lamenting the ending of senior week had a freaking blast.   Partying, hooking up, enjoying the last week of total fun before reality set in (or you had summer school at 8 am on Monday to graduate in August).  Official events or not.  (I think went to the Brewers game and that was it.)

I had a blast during senior week.
I completely understand why Marquette wants to end it.
In a couple of years no one will care - I doubt many will care even next year.

All of these statements can be true.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2023, 09:50:00 AM »

The people saying "no big deal. No loss" were probably no fun then and no fun now.

Are they not allowed to drink in their off campus apartments now that an official MU Senior Week isn't a thing?  Couldn't seniors still do exactly what they'd otherwise do during Senior Week?

If you want to go bar hopping with friends, go bar hopping with friends.  If you want to have house parties, have house parties.  If you want to go to a Brewers game with friends, go to a Brewers game with friends.  If you want to go camping, go camping.

Might be able to do it for cheaper than if Marquette was running it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2023, 09:51:19 AM »
Are they not allowed to drink in their off campus apartments now that an official MU Senior Week isn't a thing?  Couldn't seniors still do exactly what they'd otherwise do during Senior Week?

If you want to go bar hopping with friends, go bar hopping with friends.  If you want to have house parties, have house parties.  If you want to go to a Brewers game with friends, go to a Brewers game with friends.  If you want to go camping, go camping.

Might be able to do it for cheaper than if Marquette was running it.

But they're eliminating the week between finals and commencement. Coleman is right that everyone will skip town.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2023, 10:07:32 AM »
Crisis averted.
How is the crisis averted. There was an official Senior week this year. The Crisis will be next year when there is no time for bacchanalia between the last final and graduation ceremony.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2023, 10:38:17 AM »
How is the crisis averted. There was an official Senior week this year. The Crisis will be next year when there is no time for bacchanalia between the last final and graduation ceremony.

Crisis to come!

I sit corrected.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2023, 11:07:24 AM »
But they're eliminating the week between finals and commencement. Coleman is right that everyone will skip town.

Got it.  Makes sense.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2023, 12:44:20 PM »
I honestly don't remember l, when do MU finals end? Down here they end on Tuesday and graduation is friday and saturday (so large we need multiple graduations). So it's not a week but theres an unofficial senior three to four days
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback