collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Future of Cities  (Read 27156 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: The Future of Cities
« Reply #350 on: May 24, 2023, 01:37:01 PM »
You're probably the only one!   :P

I wouldn’t say I miss those smells.  The yeast, tannery or chocolate but it did give the city an unique character
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #351 on: May 24, 2023, 03:34:56 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

Educate yourself, you silly old man.

if i choose not to go some place whether it's little chute or saigon, it's my prerogative if that's ok.  i'm not going to spend my money or time in a place i don't feel it's worth it whether that be because of safety or value. 

i'm not going to make fun of you and others who feel otherwise but that's just your immaturity coming out-no surprise
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #352 on: May 24, 2023, 04:07:01 PM »
  if i choose not to go some place whether it's little chute or saigon, it's my prerogative if that's ok.  i'm not going to spend my money or time in a place i don't feel it's worth it whether that be because of safety or value. 

i'm not going to make fun of you and others who feel otherwise but that's just your immaturity coming out-no surprise
Not a single person has suggested otherwise. It's a strawman argument to pretend that people have tried to dictate where you do or do not go.

What's laughable is your mindless repetition of the propaganda you've heard that cities are living hellscapes. Fear and outrage -- the Murdoch business model, much copied but never equaled.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #353 on: May 24, 2023, 04:24:17 PM »

Irony thy name is rocket.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #354 on: May 24, 2023, 04:45:33 PM »
Irony thy name is rocket.

Isn’t ur nickname at the bathhouse “Little Chute”?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #355 on: May 24, 2023, 05:01:08 PM »
Not a single person has suggested otherwise. It's a strawman argument to pretend that people have tried to dictate where you do or do not go.

What's laughable is your mindless repetition of the propaganda you've heard that cities are living hellscapes. Fear and outrage -- the Murdoch business model, much copied but never equaled.

🐷🐷

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #356 on: May 24, 2023, 05:31:50 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

Educate yourself, you silly old man.

Look at what happens when you get a bunch of Cardinals fans in one city.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #357 on: May 24, 2023, 06:41:39 PM »
Isn’t ur nickname at the bathhouse “Little Chute”?
Your not ur
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #358 on: May 24, 2023, 06:44:40 PM »

no one has dictated anything to me smith.  what's laughable is you thinking you hold court here with "CW" trying to sound astute. i pose no argument.  so tell me then what hardy is trying to convey with his wikipedia crap about cities and crime rates.  mindless repetition of what?

so tell me smith, how are things really in san francisco?  seattle?  portland? oakland?  what do your girls on the view tell you?  you continue to try to throw cover for the cities your people have continued to F-up over the past half century or more 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #359 on: May 24, 2023, 06:50:23 PM »
    no one has dictated anything to me smith.  what's laughable is you thinking you hold court here with "CW" trying to sound astute. i pose no argument.  so tell me then what hardy is trying to convey with his wikipedia crap about cities and crime rates.  mindless repetition of what?
What? Is there an English translation available?

so tell me smith, how are things really in san francisco?  seattle?  portland? oakland?  what do your girls on the view tell you?  you continue to try to throw cover for the cities your people have continued to F-up over the past half century or more
Thatta boy!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #360 on: May 24, 2023, 06:55:22 PM »

Thatta boy!

can someone help out the "MU alum" here?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #361 on: May 24, 2023, 07:02:03 PM »
Look at what happens when you get a bunch of Cardinals fans in one city.

They're driving out the Cub fans the way St. Patrick drove out the snakes from Ireland.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #362 on: May 24, 2023, 07:16:46 PM »

9.5 out of 10

So glad The View has returned
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #363 on: May 24, 2023, 07:29:59 PM »

Thatta boy!

🐷🐷

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #364 on: May 24, 2023, 07:53:07 PM »
Or it is a horribly written paragraph reflecting the poor state of mainstream journalism.

And everything about this story is suspect.

So your counterpoint is that the writer is the problem and not your reading ability? It was written fine, you just tried to project what you wanted to see in it to attack a viewpoint you disagree with, and did so poorly.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #365 on: May 24, 2023, 08:13:11 PM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #366 on: May 24, 2023, 08:16:58 PM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #367 on: May 24, 2023, 08:32:00 PM »
So your counterpoint is that the writer is the problem and not your reading ability? It was written fine, you just tried to project what you wanted to see in it to attack a viewpoint you disagree with, and did so poorly.

The best newspapers generally aim to write for a 10th grade reading level.
For some people, that's a little steep.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #368 on: May 24, 2023, 09:51:38 PM »
san francisco, chicago, seattle, portland used to be really neat cities.  i miss chicago and san fran especially.  won't be going back very soon.  not worth the risk considering the costs...too bad
I had an Investment Banking client that was making a deal with a large video retailer headquartered in Oregon. We used to stay at a great old school hotel in Portland called  The Benson.

A little ways down the street from The Benson was an excellent little hole in the walk establishment called Mary’s Club. Our client loved going there .

There is a fancy liberal arts college in Portland call Reed College.   Some of the Reed Girls used to covertly work Marys Club to make a little coin on the side. The Club had a jukebox on stage and the girls would get coins from the audience to play the songs they would dance to.

Sometimes the girls would come out and chat with the audience on all sorts of topics  ( for example philosophy or their upcoming internships)when their shift on stage was done. Was very surreal .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #369 on: May 25, 2023, 06:20:04 AM »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #370 on: May 25, 2023, 07:12:28 AM »

Thatta boy!

i probably should rephrase CW(wisdom) to CDA(dumb a$$)

you reap what you sow and sow have you ever

i'll save reek oh the troubles...that's a 10.0 baby!!  boo yah!

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #371 on: May 25, 2023, 07:37:13 AM »
4.2/10

But way more clever than simply replying with pig emojis for months on end.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #372 on: May 25, 2023, 08:52:05 AM »
4.2/10
Hypocrite scale 12/10, which is merely par for you

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #373 on: May 25, 2023, 09:07:03 AM »
Oh, the irony.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #374 on: May 25, 2023, 09:11:39 AM »
Hypocrite scale 12/10, which is merely par for you

🐷🐷