[Today at 12:54:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Thoughts and prayers to Dadeville, Alabama  (Read 4302 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Thoughts and prayers to Dadeville, Alabama
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2023, 08:55:43 AM »
So, I’d be curious to see this study.  That seems awfully high to me coming from a family of sportsmen and recreational shooters.  The past year I’ve heard a lot of complaints about a lack of ammo being available.  That’s why I ask
https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2018/oct/07/enthusiasts-make-own-ammo-20181007/

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2023, 08:58:22 AM »
How do you know what anyone does when they aren't posting on Scoop?

Pretty sure all some here have time for is sleep and bathroom breaks, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2023, 09:06:25 AM »
Woof
Its scary. One guy I know has a roomfull of homemade ammo.He's not a survivalist either. Hes just cheap

MU82

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2023, 09:08:01 AM »

Wrong, I do not support Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, or The Reverend Jesse Jackson, hey?

Since you only want to criticize the morals, ethics and legal standing of Black men, I'll be looking forward to your law-and-order take pushing for the impeachment of Clarence Thomas.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 09:17:16 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2023, 09:09:02 AM »
Its scary. One guy I know has a roomfull of homemade ammo.He's not a survivalist either. Hes just cheap

People that don’t think we have a gun culture problem in this country, I don’t know what to tell them.  It’s the guns and our obsession with them
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2023, 09:18:41 AM »
Since you only want to criticize the morals, ethics and legal standing of Black men, I'll be looking forward to your law-and-order take pushing for the impeachment of Clarence Thomas.

Not true! I look forward to Hunter Biden and his clan being brought to justice, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2023, 09:21:17 AM »
More people = More Killings. Should we ban intercourse?

The good news here dgies is that this is not remotely true.
In 1991, when there were roughly 252 million people in the U.S., we had 24,703 murders.
In 2020, when the population was about 332 million, we had 21,570 murders.
So, a 31.7% population increase and a 12.6% decrease in killings.

So I again ask the question, what do you propose as a viable solution that maintains the rights of legitimate sportsmen and sportswomen but keeps guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't be owning them?

Ultimately, what's the practical solution?

Many of us have made many suggestions over the years here. Universal background checks for all gun sales. Federalize gun laws so someone banned from acquiring a gun in one state can't drive across the border and get one in a neighboring state. Bans on military-style rifles. Limits on clip size. A national red flag law. A national gun registry. Safe storage requirements. Mandatory reporting of lost or stolen guns.

Before some super intelligent person says "But this won't stop all shootings" ... yeah, we know. Just like stricter DUI laws haven't stopped every moron from getting behind the wheel after having too many drinks. But, just stricter DUI laws have helped reduce DUI fatalities, these will stop some shootings, and aren't those lives worth saving?
I mean, how many schoolchildren, grocery shoppers, church attendees and concertgoers are you willing to sacrifice so some doofus can feel tough by owning an AR-15?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 09:52:47 AM by Pakuni »

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2023, 09:26:23 AM »
The good news here dgies is that this is not remotely true.
In 1991, when there were roughly 252 million people in the U.S., we had 24,703 murders.
In 2020, when the population was about 332 million, we had 21,570 murders.
So, a 31.7% population increase and a 12.6% decrease in killings.

Many of us have made many suggestions over the years here. Universal background checks for all gun sales. Federalize gun laws so someone banned from acquiring a gun in one state can't drive across the border and get one in a neighboring state. Bans on military-style rifles. Limits on clip size. A national red flag law. A national gun registry. Safe storage requirements. Mandatory reporting of lost or stolen guns.

Before some super intelligent person says "But this won't stop all shootings" ... yeah, we know. Just like stricter DUI laws haven't stopped every moron from getting behind the wheel after having too many drinks. But, as with DUI laws, it will stop some shootings, and aren't those lives worth saving?
I mean, how many schoolchildren, grocery shoppers, church attendees and concertgoers are you willing to sacrifice so some doofus can feel tough by owning an AR-15?
Also, reform on donations so the politicians pockets can't be stuffed by the NRA

tower912

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2023, 09:46:44 AM »

Not true! I look forward to Hunter Biden and his clan being brought to justice, hey?
Again, agree in concept.  Disagree on the names.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2023, 10:07:36 AM »
I read that approximately 5 million gun owners make their own ammo, so the govt would need to either make that illegal, or tax the hell out of the supplies too.

I personally make my own ammo by melting my deceased son's metal toy soldiers.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2023, 10:11:14 AM »

It sure seems that way, doesn't it?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2023, 10:12:53 AM »
I personally make my own ammo by melting my deceased son's metal toy soldiers.
Nice movie reference.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2023, 10:16:07 AM »

If any of you want to cut down on bathroom breaks I'm selling MU branded 2 liter pee bottles. They fit conveniently under your desk. Never miss a moment of Scoop action.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2023, 10:18:28 AM »
So you would join a movement to repeal the second amendment and take guns and ammunition away from hunters, sportsmen and guns from folks who have legitimate protection needs?

The 2nd Amendment is about a "Well Regulated Militia.," and muskets. Don't forget the muskets.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2023, 10:19:40 AM »
Some even have time for proper grammar and original thoughts.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2023, 10:27:22 AM »
If any of you want to cut down on bathroom breaks I'm selling MU branded 2 liter pee bottles. They fit conveniently under your desk. Never miss a moment of Scoop action.

Those would come in handy at Fiserv Forumn in the final minutes of a close game, or especially overtime. How can I get one? I want to be the trendsetter in my row.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2023, 10:44:39 AM »
Again, agree in concept.  Disagree on the names.

Why can’t both?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2023, 10:50:19 AM »
So you would join a movement to repeal the second amendment and take guns and ammunition away from hunters, sportsmen and guns from folks who have legitimate protection needs?

I 100% favor repealing the second amendment. 

The bolded is a straw man.  Repealing the second amendment would not, by itself, increase gun regulation one iota. It would remove the second amendment as a shield against additional regulation.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2023, 10:55:24 AM »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2023, 11:14:33 AM »
The 2nd Amendment is about a "Well Regulated Militia.," and muskets. Don't forget the muskets.

I must have missed the part in the 2nd Amendment where muskets are specifically spelled and called out.

People dishonestly interpret many parts of the Bill of Rights to make it say things it doesn't, specifically the 1st and 2nd Amendements.  There is plenty to talk about in terms of updating the 2nd Amendment in directly addressing gun culture and what civilian vs military looks like now as opposed to in 1776 without being absurdly reductive like that.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2023, 12:05:07 PM »
I'll repeat my earlier comment: You get the government the majority of Americans want.

That said, if we want change, there's layers of things that can be done to regulate guns. They are:

1) Ban semi-automatics.
2) Regulate and enforce gun shows and other forms of interstate gun sales.
3) Ban possession of firearms for anyone under the age of __/
4) Increase registration and ownership requirements for firearms.
5) Increase and enforce penalties for illegal or unregistered possession of firearms, no exceptions.
6) Make illegal possession of firearms a felony and enhance punishment for anyone committing crimes with firearms.
7) Ban all firearms.

So what is it Scoop Brothers and Sisters? What's your answer besides thoughts and prayers?

And we told you that you're high if you believe that nonsense.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2023, 12:08:11 PM »
And are you going to prevent those set on commiting mass carnage from doing so? Or is it implied they will just follow the stricter gun laws, hey?

The thing is, you're not presenting a plan.  The mass shooting incidents are typically committed by a person who has legal access to gun and is a first time offender.

So 'locking people up' after they've committed these crimes is something no one would argue against.  The rest of us are just tying to make it HARDER for mass shootings to occur. 

You're worried about petty crime and damage to property, seemingly.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2023, 12:12:49 PM »
Here's the plan. Quit tolerating abnormal behavior. Call it for what it is. Get help for those with mental illnesses, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2023, 12:15:26 PM »
Here's the plan. Quit tolerating abnormal behavior. Call it for what it is. Get help for those with mental illnesses, hey?

Okay then fund it.  Put up or shut up, hey?

Also, define abnormal.