[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Thoughts and prayers to Dadeville, Alabama  (Read 4080 times)

Dickthedribbler

• All American
Re: Thoughts and prayers to Dadeville, Alabama
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2023, 02:44:09 PM »
Again, we agree.  We disagree over who the problem is.

Who the problem is???

Let me guess. Some tourist driving on Michigan Avenue on a Saturday evening gets yanked from his car by 3 thugs; gets the snot beat out of him; and is left bleeding on the street while his auto gets jacked.

And you think the " problem" is some poor bastard in Bozeman, Montana who sends a $100 check to the NRA every year.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2023, 02:46:09 PM »
Agree 100%. I live in Milwaukee, not Chicago, so it would be impossible for me to care less about what goes on in Chicago than I already do. If the morons who live and vote there want to vest control of the streets in the criminals and tie the hands of the cops, I don't give a chit. Have at it. Who am I to tell the citizens of Chicago how to live??

Yet here you are posting about it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2023, 02:46:27 PM »
Who the problem is???

Let me guess. Some tourist driving on Michigan Avenue on a Saturday evening gets yanked from his car by 3 thugs; gets the snot beat out of him; and is left bleeding on the street while his auto gets jacked.

And you think the " problem" is some poor bastard in Bozeman, Montana who sends a $100 check to the NRA every year.

They’re both problems.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2023, 02:49:07 PM »
Agree 100%. I live in Milwaukee, not Chicago, so it would be impossible for me to care less about what goes on in Chicago than I already do. If the morons who live and vote there want to vest control of the streets in the criminals and tie the hands of the cops, I don't give a chit. Have at it. Who am I to tell the citizens of Chicago how to live??
And this is why, IMHO, that gun laws should be federal. And the crimes committed with guns should be federal.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2023, 02:57:54 PM »
I really thought the Louisville shooting would be the time my prayers were answered.

Alas, I guess it's time for me to become a good guy with a gun, buy some assault rifles, make sure to lock them up in line with gun laws (after all, I would plan to be a good guy with a gun), defend myself from these house intruders.  It's the only solution.  My prayers were not being answered because I was not being reasonable.  Can't expect a change when I won't be part of the solution and put the Second Amendment to its proper use.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2023, 03:03:04 PM »
Who the problem is???

Who were the "thugs" in Dadeville, Charleston, Uvalde, Parkland, Sandy Hook, Orlando, Nashville, Louisville, Vegas, Columbine, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc?

And yes, part of the problem is that the politicians sell their souls to the NRA rather than listen to the will of the people. Hell, many of those politicians actually go out of their way to glorify guns -- bragging that their 2-year-old granddaughters own them, having their families pose with guns on Xmas cards, using imagery of their political enemies in crosshairs, claiming that gun-ownership is some kind of God-given right, and so on. They are terrible leaders, and they serve as horrible examples for the poor bastard in Bozeman.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2023, 03:38:40 PM »
Light on crime politicians who promote this barbaric behavior is the problem. Have no sympathy for the citizens who vote for this chit and then call the police when it isn't safe to leave their house. Kolek 'em, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2023, 03:40:39 PM »
He’d be a bad ass, though

Maybe that's why the Israeli Army is totally bad-ass!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2023, 03:44:26 PM »
That’s why I say “what about Chicago?”

Lame stream media likes to point out the hundreds of mass casualty events that happen across this country but ignore Chicago.  Just because every week has mass casualty shootings throughout the country, we should focus on Chicago

I agree. I live in Chicago and I would like to hear more about my city. Apparently my dinner last night was ruined by all of the riots. Hopefully we hire more cops to do what they're great at: standing around drinking extra large dunkin donuts iced coffees preventing crime.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2023, 03:45:01 PM »
IMO, mass shootings and other crime are not the same thing.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2023, 03:50:44 PM »
IMO, every shooting is the same.  A person is angry, hurting, sad, afraid, has access to a gun, and works out whatever their issue is by inflicting as much pain and suffering as possible.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2023, 03:50:57 PM »
I'll repeat my earlier comment: You get the government the majority of Americans want.

That said, if we want change, there's layers of things that can be done to regulate guns. They are:

1) Ban semi-automatics.
2) Regulate and enforce gun shows and other forms of interstate gun sales.
3) Ban possession of firearms for anyone under the age of __/
4) Increase registration and ownership requirements for firearms.
5) Increase and enforce penalties for illegal or unregistered possession of firearms, no exceptions.
6) Make illegal possession of firearms a felony and enhance punishment for anyone committing crimes with firearms.
7) Ban all firearms.

So what is it Scoop Brothers and Sisters? What's your answer besides thoughts and prayers?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2023, 03:53:56 PM »
I'll repeat my earlier comment: You get the government the majority of Americans want.

That said, if we want change, there's layers of things that can be done to regulate guns. They are:

1) Ban semi-automatics.
2) Regulate and enforce gun shows and other forms of interstate gun sales.
3) Ban possession of firearms for anyone under the age of __/
4) Increase registration and ownership requirements for firearms.
5) Increase and enforce penalties for illegal or unregistered possession of firearms, no exceptions.
6) Make illegal possession of firearms a felony and enhance punishment for anyone committing crimes with firearms.
7) Ban all firearms.

So what is it Scoop Brothers and Sisters? What's your answer besides thoughts and prayers?

Get tough on crime like they do in Alabama and Kentucky
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2023, 03:56:21 PM »
I am in on all of them.   And tax ammo.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2023, 03:56:46 PM »
Get tough on crime like they do in Alabama and Kentucky

So you would support creation of a gun prison where anyone holding or using an unregistered firearm would be sent to prison with no parole for an extended period of time. And, you would support locking up felons who commit assaults for firearms for extreme periods as a lesson and warning?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2023, 03:57:43 PM »
IMO, every shooting is the same.  A person is angry, hurting, sad, afraid, has access to a gun, and works out whatever their issue is by inflicting as much pain and suffering as possible.

That's fair.

But there's folks in here talking about non-shooting crimes. Lumping it all together

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2023, 04:00:23 PM »
I am in on all of them.   And tax ammo.

So you would join a movement to repeal the second amendment and take guns and ammunition away from hunters, sportsmen and guns from folks who have legitimate protection needs?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2023, 04:02:41 PM »
Light on crime politicians who promote this barbaric behavior is the problem. Have no sympathy for the citizens who vote for this chit and then call the police when it isn't safe to leave their house. Kolek 'em, hey?

If the problem is "light on crime politicians," please explain why murder rates are significantly higher in red states?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2023, 04:04:58 PM »
So you would join a movement to repeal the second amendment and take guns and ammunition away from hunters, sportsmen and guns from folks who have legitimate protection needs?

We tax the hell out of all kinds of things without taking it away from people.  Hunters and sportsmen that originally populated the NRA let their organization become what it is.  The NRA doesn’t care about the legitimate sportsmen.  Those days are long over.

“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2023, 04:07:47 PM »
Address the total disregard for law and order in large, urban blue cities, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2023, 04:09:35 PM »
We tax the hell out of cigarettes and alcohol.  All cause a lot of death.  Why not tax ammo?

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2023, 04:12:12 PM »

So a mental case goes into a school and sprays a room full of children with bullets. And the next day a career felon walks into a liquor store and blows away the clerk for the $80 in the register. And he blows the clerk away because he's " angry, hurting, sad and afraid". Interesting that you can conflate these situations. Sounds like you're advocating for more anger management and support group intervention for our " angry, sad, hurting and afraid " stick-up man.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2023, 04:13:38 PM »
We tax the hell out of cigarettes and alcohol.  All cause a lot of death.  Why not tax ammo?

Because of large crime in blue, urban cities

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2023, 04:15:21 PM »
So a mental case goes into a school and sprays a room full of children with bullets. And the next day a career felon walks into a liquor store and blows away the clerk for the $80 in the register. And he blows the clerk away because he's " angry, hurting, sad and afraid". Interesting that you can conflate these situations. Sounds like you're advocating for more anger management and support group intervention for our " angry, sad, hurting and afraid " stick-up man.

What’s the common denominator?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2023, 04:16:56 PM »
Address the total disregard for law and order in large, urban blue cities, hey?

Ahem ...

Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed.

https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-two-decade-red-state-murder-problem

To steal a phrase ... It's the guns, stupid. More guns = more killings.