[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Omax declares  (Read 86649 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Omax declares
« Reply #825 on: June 24, 2023, 10:46:28 AM »
Hope his block % improves
Smart NBA GMs use Blk% as their first sort.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #826 on: June 24, 2023, 01:02:36 PM »
Needs to work on creating going to his right.
I agree with this analysis
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

mundelein jerry

• Walk-On
« Reply #827 on: June 24, 2023, 02:18:55 PM »
Was Theo John’s block % 1st round worthy? Asking for a friend.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #828 on: June 24, 2023, 02:34:09 PM »
Trayce Jackson Davis blocked everything in sight.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #829 on: June 26, 2023, 04:50:49 PM »
Remember the 2014 MU Scoop Meme Tournament that ended with an anti-climatic championship game between Haikus and Tanned Tommy? The pain of watching “Mbakwe” and his legendary Scoop Thread lose in the final four still haunts me to this day.

Anyway…

Low Blk% would be a legitimate Sweet Sixteen contender if ever there were to be a rebirth of the MU Scoop Meme tournament.

Maybe a ten year anniversary tournament?

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #830 on: June 26, 2023, 07:18:04 PM »
Yes, it’s important for Tyler to become a better shooter. He doesn’t have to be the scorer because he has a number of good shooters around him. Making assists makes the whole offense easier.  But if the clock is winding down he might have to shoot and make clutch shots. It would be nice if he could shoot outside like Rousey. And light it up once in a while. Shooting like Markus Howard is not a possibility. He was one of a kind.  Don’t worry about where he would go in the draft next year. If he wants to play in the NBA he will need to shoot better because the league is changing and point guards who can’t shoot won’t get the same attention that they have for so long. Come this fall, he will do everything better. It will be fun to watch. Trust me.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #831 on: June 26, 2023, 07:27:08 PM »
Yes, it’s important for Tyler to become a better shooter. He doesn’t have to be the scorer because he has a number of good shooters around him. Making assists makes the whole offense easier.  But if the clock is winding down he might have to shoot and make clutch shots. It would be nice if he could shoot outside like Rousey. And light it up once in a while. Shooting like Markus Howard is not a possibility. He was one of a kind.  Don’t worry about where he would go in the draft next year. If he wants to play in the NBA he will need to shoot better because the league is changing and point guards who can’t shoot won’t get the same attention that they have for so long. Come this fall, he will do everything better. It will be fun to watch. Trust me.

Last year, Tyler Kolek was a better three point shooter than anyone on the team save Joplin. And he was third in attempts so it’s not as though he didn’t shoot them a lot.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #832 on: June 26, 2023, 07:29:47 PM »
I believe our eFG% will be challenged to repeat.

But, blk% should rise
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #833 on: June 26, 2023, 07:31:18 PM »
And did I forget to say he makes so many lay ups and floaters? He steals the ball and makes lay ups.  He is one of a kind, in a different way.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #834 on: June 26, 2023, 07:32:46 PM »

But, blk% should rise

My hope is Kam becomes more consistent from deep.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #835 on: June 26, 2023, 07:52:56 PM »
Me too. And he should. I kinda stuck my neck out a week or two ago and said I expected him to score 25 points a game and shoot in the high forties. I think it's possible. 25 is probably too far out there, right? Still, he will have a green light to shoot all around the arc, and his pct will improve in the triangle.  And he's so confidant. That is the key to shooting besides rhythm and release. Confidence will get you to anywhere you want to go. And effort. I just think he's a good kid. A hard worker and a team player.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #836 on: June 26, 2023, 09:00:23 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #837 on: June 26, 2023, 09:01:23 PM »
Me too. And he should. I kinda stuck my neck out a week or two ago and said I expected him to score 25 points a game and shoot in the high forties. I think it's possible. 25 is probably too far out there, right? Still, he will have a green light to shoot all around the arc, and his pct will improve in the triangle.  And he's so confidant. That is the key to shooting besides rhythm and release. Confidence will get you to anywhere you want to go. And effort. I just think he's a good kid. A hard worker and a team player.

Kinda hope not. Kam's productivity went up when he stopped taking ill-advised 3's, became more selective, and mixed in his drives and spin moves.

"Green light" is a bit too close to Markus' "ultimate green light" which gives me a mild case of PTSD.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #838 on: June 27, 2023, 10:48:44 AM »
The number one tool that needs to be developed is to use his non-dominant (right hand). That will make him very hard to defend and allow for even more creativity

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #839 on: June 27, 2023, 11:58:23 AM »
Hard pass on Kam or anyone on #mubb averaging 20 ppg next year.  Sanogo led the BE at 17 / ppg in '22-'23.  Zach Eddy & Drew Timme were the only winning players above 20 last season.  The strength of Shaka's / Nevada's offense is read and react, that means all 5 are scoring. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #840 on: June 27, 2023, 12:03:17 PM »
Hard pass on Kam or anyone on #mubb averaging 20 ppg next year.  Sanogo led the BE at 17 / ppg in '22-'23.  Zach Eddy & Drew Timme were the only winning players above 20 last season.  The strength of Shaka's / Nevada's offense is read and react, that means all 5 are scoring.

Gonna be difficult for Kam to score that much when his roomie is taking all the shots, a1na

Goose

• All American
« Reply #841 on: June 27, 2023, 12:57:52 PM »
The Lens

I think there are three guys that potentially could score 20pp, Kam, Joplin and Kolek. I would not be a bit surprised if Joplin or Kolek got close to that number.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #842 on: June 28, 2023, 08:53:28 AM »
The Lens

I think there are three guys that potentially could score 20pp, Kam, Joplin and Kolek. I would not be a bit surprised if Joplin or Kolek got close to that number.

They absolutely can, i just don't think in a Shaka / Nevada offense that they will.  We may have a 20 points scorer every game, it will just be a different player each night.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #843 on: June 28, 2023, 03:00:36 PM »
They absolutely can, i just don't think in a Shaka / Nevada offense that they will.  We may have a 20 points scorer every game, it will just be a different player each night.
This. The open look takes the shot.

(PS…….It wont be a 15’ jumper from Oso).

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #844 on: June 28, 2023, 03:01:41 PM »
It is not possible in this offense.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #845 on: June 29, 2023, 04:57:05 AM »

But, blk% should rise

I think our eFG% has improvement potential because it was dragged down by our three point percentage. We were consistent because our 2P% was so reliable. A number of guys on this team could improve their long range shooting.

Continued creation at the rim from Tyler and Oso with better long range shooting from Stevie, Ben, and Chase in bigger roles and we can get that better. I think there's potential that next year is considered one of the best offenses of the kenpom era.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #846 on: June 29, 2023, 05:28:12 AM »
👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

ND sucks

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #847 on: June 29, 2023, 08:32:29 AM »
I think our eFG% has improvement potential because it was dragged down by our three point percentage. We were consistent because our 2P% was so reliable. A number of guys on this team could improve their long range shooting.

Continued creation at the rim from Tyler and Oso with better long range shooting from Stevie, Ben, and Chase in bigger roles and we can get that better. I think there's potential that next year is considered one of the best offenses of the kenpom era.

BAM.  Well said.  We absolutely have the opportunity to be highly explosive. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #848 on: June 29, 2023, 10:49:30 AM »

There is certainly a path to improvement in 3FG%. But, Kolek and Jop were both at 40%, and I struggle to project them upward (although Jop at 42% doesn’t feel crazy to me)..

Potential positives… Jop more attempts should help. Gold I think can be pretty good… at least equal to OMax, but potential for much better.. and some of OMax attempts float over to Jop. Kam will be heavy volume and can improve on 36.0%. The rest of the gang was pretty weak… 31-ish% collectively… certainly opportunities to improve. So, yes, I can buy 3FG% improvement.. but I’d probably be thinking maybe 1-ish%

2FG% is where my concerns lie.

Kolek at 51% I don’t see flying way higher. Kam at 64.3% was insane. Can’t expect that again. Jop 45.5% with room to improve… but not to OMax levels which is where some minutes will come from…Oso at 66.0%.. again, not going to expect him to beat that.. with more usage, expanded range.. would probably project this to fall a bit tbh.. OMax 62.4% is gone.. can Gold pick some of that up? Probably.. but..  then you’ve got Stevie at 54.5%, Chase 57.1%.. hard to find bad numbers / easy comps anywhere .. but Kam, Oso, Omax comps.. all tough.

OK. Today’s projection. 2FG% drops 2.0%. 3FG% increases 0.9%. eFG% down 0.6%.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #849 on: June 29, 2023, 11:26:59 AM »
There is certainly a path to improvement in 3FG%. But, Kolek and Jop were both at 40%, and I struggle to project them upward (although Jop at 42% doesn’t feel crazy to me)..

Potential positives… Jop more attempts should help. Gold I think can be pretty good… at least equal to OMax, but potential for much better.. and some of OMax attempts float over to Jop. Kam will be heavy volume and can improve on 36.0%. The rest of the gang was pretty weak… 31-ish% collectively… certainly opportunities to improve. So, yes, I can buy 3FG% improvement.. but I’d probably be thinking maybe 1-ish%

2FG% is where my concerns lie.

Kolek at 51% I don’t see flying way higher. Kam at 64.3% was insane. Can’t expect that again. Jop 45.5% with room to improve… but not to OMax levels which is where some minutes will come from…Oso at 66.0%.. again, not going to expect him to beat that.. with more usage, expanded range.. would probably project this to fall a bit tbh.. OMax 62.4% is gone.. can Gold pick some of that up? Probably.. but..  then you’ve got Stevie at 54.5%, Chase 57.1%.. hard to find bad numbers / easy comps anywhere .. but Kam, Oso, Omax comps.. all tough.

OK. Today’s projection. 2FG% drops 2.0%. 3FG% increases 0.9%. eFG% down 0.6%.

eFG% should be expected to go down. We were at 56% as a team last year. OMax shot 57.9% eFG and probably more importantly 61.7 TS%.

David Joplin shot 54.5% and 56.9%.
Stevie Mitchell shot 51.2% and 54.6%.
Ben Gold shot 52.4% and 53.8%
Chase Ross shot 53% and 56.2%.
Sean Jones shot 48.1% and 50.6%

You can also safely assume that all 3 of our freshman will be under 57.9% eFG and  1.7 TS%. Barring Al Amadou if he doesn't take threes and only sits in the dunker spot.

Those returning players will likely get the majority of the Omax minutes.

Unless we start shooting insanely hot from three, I should be expected to decrease.

The focus of improvement needs to be defensive eFG% and shot alteration. (something Omax was good at despite his Blk%)