[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Omax declares  (Read 86081 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Omax declares
« Reply #775 on: June 17, 2023, 02:02:18 PM »
Could he conceivably go late 1st?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #776 on: June 17, 2023, 02:09:17 PM »
I hope so
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #777 on: June 17, 2023, 07:38:25 PM »

24th, I think, in the most recent mock from The Athletic. Although Vecenie has been consistently high on him for a while.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #778 on: June 17, 2023, 08:15:10 PM »
24th, I think, in the most recent mock from The Athletic. Although Vecenie has been consistently high on him for a while.

And they had his range 18-35. Miami owns the 18th pick if they don't trade it for Beal, Dame, etc. That would be a great landing spot for him style-wise (and MU connection-wise)

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #779 on: June 17, 2023, 09:02:07 PM »

#24 to Sacramento would be perfect. 

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #780 on: June 17, 2023, 10:54:32 PM »
Mr. Cain nailed it. Thank you. He said: OMax is a kid that is easy for an NBA Scout to fall in love to with. Has the Height , Length and Weight for the position. Hustle, intensity and non stop motor is hard  find. Finally, my guess he will do extremely well in the interviews. Comes off as mature well adjusted young man.

I thought he look Mr. ed like Dennis Rodman on roller skates last year and I expected him to be a better rebounder because of his size and athleticism. I can attribute that to the MU offense because they run a triangle and left Omax out on the edge and not in the paint like a push butt team. I understand that. He hit big shots and had a tip in or two that helped MU win games.

When he gets drafted (in the 2nd round) he will develop even more as he puts on some weight and muscle to push opponents chest to chest. MU will surely miss him. He played big last year. This Oso and Gold will be big enough and there will be 6'7" guys who will crash the boards. Don’t be discouraged my friends. I know it's hard when other teams throw a good big at you, but if you play team ball and defense and run you will win.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #781 on: June 18, 2023, 08:42:30 AM »
Mr. Cain nailed it. Thank you. He said: OMax is a kid that is easy for an NBA Scout to fall in love to with. Has the Height , Length and Weight for the position. Hustle, intensity and non stop motor is hard  find. Finally, my guess he will do extremely well in the interviews. Comes off as mature well adjusted young man.

I thought he look Mr. ed like Dennis Rodman on roller skates last year and I expected him to be a better rebounder because of his size and athleticism. I can attribute that to the MU offense because they run a triangle and left Omax out on the edge and not in the paint like a push butt team. I understand that. He hit big shots and had a tip in or two that helped MU win games.

When he gets drafted (in the 2nd round) he will develop even more as he puts on some weight and muscle to push opponents chest to chest. MU will surely miss him. He played big last year. This Oso and Gold will be big enough and there will be 6'7" guys who will crash the boards. Don’t be discouraged my friends. I know it's hard when other teams throw a good big at you, but if you play team ball and defense and run you will win.
Dont disagree at all.  But who are all these 6’7” guys you speak of? Yes, David Joplin. Al Amadou is a skinny 6’’9” youngster who will likely be pushed around until he physically matures.  Could definitely use another 6’7”+ guy.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #782 on: June 18, 2023, 10:44:50 AM »

Not the least bit discouraged. Happy for O-Max, it’s good for the program to show it can produce NBA players, and MU’s gonna have a great season.

We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #783 on: June 18, 2023, 01:14:09 PM »
Dont disagree at all.  But who are all these 6’7” guys you speak of? Yes, David Joplin. Al Amadou is a skinny 6’’9” youngster who will likely be pushed around until he physically matures.  Could definitely use another 6’7”+ guy.

I agree Nuke. 

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #784 on: June 18, 2023, 05:07:44 PM »
Marquette will go where Kam Jones takes them.  It's all up to him. Obviously, with help from his friends. As always, the shooter in the triangle is the key.  Shaka will teach defense. Scoring more points than your opponent means you're getting more attempts and hitting a higher percentage of your shots.  It will come down to that. Cheers. Happy Father's Day everyone.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #785 on: June 18, 2023, 05:12:51 PM »
Marquette will go where Kam Jones takes them.  It's all up to him. Obviously, with help from his friends. As always, the shooter in the triangle is the key.  Shaka will teach defense. Scoring more points than your opponent means you're getting more attempts and hitting a higher percentage of your shots.  It will come down to that. Cheers. Happy Father's Day everyone.

Should he lower the arc on his Kiss the Sky J in your opinion?  What are you thinking oilcan stat wise?  19ppg range?  47% or so from downtown?

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #786 on: June 18, 2023, 06:17:31 PM »
No I don't think he should lower the trajectory of his his shot. It's all about rhythm and release. Jimmy suffered in the playoffs because he starting shooting flat liners to the rim. No arc. Kam has the green light to shoot it every time down the court. But he plays in the offense because he understands the strategy of making other players better.  Kam will average 25 ppg almost every night this year and his behind the arc pct should get to the high forties. He drives, he does it all. He's going to have an outstanding year. Tyler dishes assists and Kam scores.  It will be fun to watch.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #787 on: June 18, 2023, 06:24:52 PM »
No I don't think he should lower the trajectory of his his shot. It's all about rhythm and release. Jimmy suffered in the playoffs because he starting shooting flat liners to the rim. No arc. Kam has the green light to shoot it every time down the court. But he plays in the offense because he understands the strategy of making other players better.  Kam will average 25 ppg almost every night this year and his behind the arc pct should get to the high forties. He drives, he does it all. He's going to have an outstanding year. Tyler dishes assists and Kam scores.  It will be fun to watch.

25??  How many ppg do you think we'll average?  I'm hoping he can increase his rebs per game. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #788 on: June 18, 2023, 06:32:42 PM »
Kam better significantly improve his accuracy from last year because he will be the most inefficient 25 ppg scorer in the history of the game otherwise. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #789 on: June 18, 2023, 06:34:19 PM »
Plus, if he shoots that much, half the board will turn on him.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #790 on: June 18, 2023, 06:50:32 PM »
Kam better significantly improve his accuracy from last year because he will be the most inefficient 25 ppg scorer in the history of the game otherwise.

Kam's overall efficiency wasn't bad last year but he could be streaky.  I'm hoping he can get his 3pt% in the 45% range and get to the line a bit more.  I think 19ppg is quite possible. 

• All American
« Reply #791 on: June 18, 2023, 06:54:28 PM »
Kam's overall efficiency wasn't bad last year but he could be streaky.  I'm hoping he can get his 3pt% in the 45% range and get to the line a bit more.  I think 19ppg is quite possible. 

No doubt about that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #792 on: June 18, 2023, 06:55:54 PM »
I think MU has a great opportunity to be electric on the offensive end and put together impactful barrages more consistently.  Don't sleep on the growth all of our guys can make.  Obviously Gold is a key and losing O-Max is tough but I think we will be alright. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #793 on: June 18, 2023, 06:58:05 PM »
I just rewatched the Baylor game.  Wow that was fun. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 06:59:46 PM by MuggsyB »

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #794 on: June 18, 2023, 06:59:59 PM »
Did Markus Howard shoot too much? Oh no--- I don't want to get you guys all riled up tonight.  Kam will get his fair share and then some. 

• All American
« Reply #795 on: June 18, 2023, 07:07:26 PM »
Markus Howard shot too much but was a better shooter from distance than Kam. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #796 on: June 18, 2023, 07:07:48 PM »
Did Markus Howard shoot too much? Oh no--- I don't want to get you guys all riled up tonight.  Kam will get his fair share and then some.

Oilcan,

We have tremendous guard depth.  Kam will be our #1 scorer but I fully expect Ross to take a major jump (no pun intended).  Jop will also get more opportunities and the man is exceedingly dangerous in rhythm.  If he improves his handles a bit this is an X-Factor/Hammer player for us.  The young man can score as Purdue found out on their home floor. 

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #797 on: June 18, 2023, 07:14:21 PM »
Very few guys shoot 45% from 3

I’d be thrilled if Kam shot 40%.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #798 on: June 18, 2023, 09:31:24 PM »
Very few guys shoot 45% from 3

I’d be thrilled if Kam shot 40%.

That's fair.  I think we have a number of guys capable of draining the trifecta.  Hopefully several can be at the 40% Clio or more. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #799 on: June 19, 2023, 06:51:40 AM »
Hopefully OMax can also hit at a 40% clip when he returns to MU to work on his Blk%
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback