'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Oso's NBA profile  (Read 3654 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Oso's NBA profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2024, 11:34:46 PM »
Watching Nova tonight I think I see what Oso is missing....it's what Dixon has. Not saying he's better than Oso but his game looks NBA ready and Oso College ready. I'm changing my mind,  Now I think 1 more year for him.
You’re wrong at least twice here.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2024, 11:50:51 PM »
Watching Nova tonight I think I see what Oso is missing....it's what Dixon has. Not saying he's better than Oso but his game looks NBA ready and Oso College ready. I'm changing my mind,  Now I think 1 more year for him.

Dixon will be missing the NCAAt, Oso won’t.
Dixon will be missing the 1st round of the NBA Draft, Oso won’t.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2024, 12:25:24 PM »
I'm not sure the last few games have been particularly good for Oso from an NBA draft perspective.  He has to develop some sort of a face-up jumper.  I believe he can but it is odd to me that he has this push shot.  He also tends to drive and jump off of one foot in lieu of planting and having a serviceable post game.  Tyko makes his offensive game considerably better.  I think his ability to guard and switch is an asset, as well as his passing and ball handling, but he has a ways to go offensively imo.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2024, 12:35:30 PM »
宮保雞丁
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2024, 12:52:51 PM »
I'm not sure the last few games have been particularly good for Oso from an NBA draft perspective.  He has to develop some sort of a face-up jumper.  I believe he can but it is odd to me that he has this push shot.  He also tends to drive and jump off of one foot in lieu of planting and having a serviceable post game.  Tyko makes his offensive game considerably better.  I think his ability to guard and switch is an asset, as well as his passing and ball handling, but he has a ways to go offensively imo.

Won’t matter.  He won’t be here next year. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2024, 12:58:53 PM »
Won’t matter.  He won’t be here next year.

I realize that. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2024, 12:59:11 PM »

Oso will be drafted on his ability to play multiple defensive positions well, his passing ability and his intelligence. A number of teams will be interested in him, and those teams will feel confident they can work with him on his shooting.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2024, 01:00:51 PM »
I realize that.

Any 4-year kid has some flaws in their game.  If they didn’t, they’d have declared earlier. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2024, 01:03:06 PM »
The ability to guard 5 positions got Omax drafted.   Oso is better.    And a better passer.   Can run the offense through him.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2024, 01:12:35 PM »
You’re wrong at least twice here.
You're wrong saying I'm wrong. Oso standing around on the three point line with no one within 10 feet of him is a bad look. At least dribble in 3 feet and shoot a jumper. Can't do that. Dixon is confident at the three line and is also a strong body. Oso is better for sure around the basket and passing. Yes, he's better than Dixon but he lacks key NBA abilities. Sorry it's true. As for first round, I hope so. And you can ping me back with "I told you so" if he does. But Im not sure about that

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2024, 01:14:36 PM »
I agree

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2024, 02:17:50 PM »
You're wrong saying I'm wrong. Oso standing around on the three point line with no one within 10 feet of him is a bad look. At least dribble in 3 feet and shoot a jumper. Can't do that. Dixon is confident at the three line and is also a strong body. Oso is better for sure around the basket and passing. Yes, he's better than Dixon but he lacks key NBA abilities. Sorry it's true. As for first round, I hope so. And you can ping me back with "I told you so" if he does. But Im not sure about that

I’ll be happy to bet you about which player goes earlier in the NBA Draft.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 02:45:55 PM by MU82 »

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2024, 02:31:04 PM »
I'm not sure Oso has ever taken a jump shot in his time at MU. It's a testament to his other abilities that he's even a draft prospect with such a limited skill set offensively as a scorer.

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2024, 02:54:49 PM »
I’ll be happy to bet you about which player goes earlier in the NBA Draft.

🤣Bet me again?, you said that on another thread. That has the juice of a 12 year old.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2024, 03:17:37 PM »
🤣Bet me again?, you said that on another thread. That has the juice of a 12 year old.

Got it. You're sure enough to repeat something over and over, but not quite sure enough about it ...

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2024, 03:47:36 PM »

One disappointment this year has Oso not trying 3 point shots or even a 15 footer, Kolek mentioned earlier this year year that Oso would surprise this year with that shot.  UConn was just laying back and giving him that, that affects the whole offense when they do that. Can not make back cuts

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2024, 03:52:41 PM »
I will go out on a limb here and suggest that neither Shaka nor Nevada believe that the key to our offense is Oso taking 3s.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2024, 04:19:06 PM »
One disappointment this year has Oso not trying 3 point shots or even a 15 footer, Kolek mentioned earlier this year year that Oso would surprise this year with that shot.  UConn was just laying back and giving him that, that affects the whole offense when they do that. Can not make back cuts
He's taken a number of 15-footers, all push shots from right at or around the FT line.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2024, 04:48:17 PM »
I will go out on a limb here and suggest that neither Shaka nor Nevada believe that the key to our offense is Oso taking 3s.

That’s not the point, just make the bigs come out a tad

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2024, 08:39:04 PM »
That’s not the point, just make the bigs come out a tad
The point is the coaches don't want him too. I've seen him take practice 3 pointers.
Goal is National Championship

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2024, 08:42:22 PM »
It appears this is an unusually weak NBA draft. 

feedback