[Today at 04:19:07 PM]

Incoming freshmen by willie warrior
[Today at 04:17:14 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by MuMark
[Today at 12:14:11 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MU82
[Today at 09:41:03 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tyler just Kolek-ting assists  (Read 7928 times)

tower912

• All American
Tyler just Kolek-ting assists
« on: January 07, 2023, 03:01:08 PM »
1.  Like Santa Claus.   Passing out presents to all of the good little players who keep moving and get open.   (Gold saving him from a TO.  Priceless)
2.  I thought Shaka out-thought himself in the first half.     Stevie was hot.   None of the other guards were.    Rotated Chase, Sean, and Kam waiting for someone else to heat up while leaving Stevie on the bench.   Stevie comes back in after his second half rest, huge run.   Just sayin'
3.   Amazing Joplin picked up 3 fouls in the first half, considering he wasn't playing any defense.     
4.   First half, couldn't hit 3's, missed open lay ups in the half court offense, didn't guard with intensity.    It was fine other than that.
5.   And then, right on cue......   The second half was the laugher we were all looking for.   
6.  Omax not good today.   But he did not force it.  Didn't really need him.       
7.  I was hoping the bench would get some big run today.    They did.    And in the second half, they were integral to the run that broke it open. 
8.  All 10 scholarship players who played scored.    Life is really good.   

9.   Now it gets tough.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Tyler just Kolek-ting assists
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 03:02:31 PM »
1.  Like Santa Claus.   Passing out presents to all of the good little players who keep moving and get open.   (Gold saving him from a TO.  Priceless)
2.  I thought Shaka out-thought himself in the first half.     Stevie was hot.   None of the other guards were.    Rotated Chase, Sean, and Kam waiting for someone else to heat up while leaving Stevie on the bench.   Stevie comes back in after his second half rest, huge run.   Just sayin'
3.   Amazing Joplin picked up 3 fouls in the first half, considering he wasn't playing any defense.     
4.   First half, couldn't hit 3's, missed open lay ups in the half court offense, didn't guard with intensity.    It was fine other than that.
5.   And then, right on cue......   The second half was the laugher we were all looking for.   
6.  Omax not good today.   But he did not force it.  Didn't really need him.       
7.  I was hoping the bench would get some big run today.    They did.    And in the second half, they were integral to the run that broke it open. 
8.  All 10 scholarship players who played scored.    Life is really good.   

9.   Now it gets tough.     

We are more than capable of unloading and then disposing of UCONN Tower.  F'kem.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 03:03:19 PM »
Not sure I can remember the last time Tower's thread wasn't a pun on the opponents team name.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 03:03:46 PM »
Anyone who thinks some potential recruit doesn’t fit Shaka’s system because they don’t defend or aren’t athletic needs to remember Shaka recruited David Joplin to two different schools.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 03:04:24 PM »
I thought about Hoya Suxa, but that seemed like piling on.      And TKo needs celebrated.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 03:06:08 PM »
I thought about Hoya Suxa, but that seemed like piling on.      And TKo needs celebrated.

Fair. And I'd imagine it would not be the first time you've used Hoya Suxa. Something to be said about originality.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2023, 03:06:31 PM »
That went from our worst, most lackadaisical performance of the year to one of our best, most electric performances of the year.

Great 18 point cover boys.

Shaka Smart is one hell of a coach.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2023, 03:07:27 PM »
I was disappointed Kam made that last 3. Prior to that Kolek had more assists than our leading scorers (Kam, Oso 14). Kam finished with 17.

I was all ready to coin the phrase 'A Kolek' for when a player has more assists than their team's leading scorer.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2023, 03:08:40 PM »
Quite simply

F*k ‘em

On our way!

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2023, 03:11:54 PM »
Kam Jones open for three, he actually pumped faked and drove to basket getting fouled. Just like the Nova guards do.  Outstanding, more please.

Ross in corner for open three, pump fakes, drives to hoop for dunk.  Outstanding, more please.

Ross was outstanding today, more than made up for Omax’s off day.

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2023, 03:14:50 PM »
Stevie Mitchell was on the radar to be on of my favorite MU players and he has quickly won me over. Its such a joy to watch this man play defense

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2023, 03:16:08 PM »
Stevie Mitchell was on the radar to be on of my favorite MU players and he has quickly won me over. Its such a joy to watch this man play defense

Sure feels like the game has slowed down for him.  His growth has been impressive.  Said it in the game thread, if Jones shows that improvement by next Big East season, guards in the league will hate playing Marquette
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 03:16:27 PM »
Fair. And I'd imagine it would not be the first time you've used Hoya Suxa. Something to be said about originality.
You're right, I think.  That would be recycling a used thread title.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2023, 03:18:44 PM »
We still seem to have a ref problem. Georgetown in the bonus well before us in both halves.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2023, 03:20:20 PM »
Not sure I can remember the last time Tower's thread wasn't a pun on the opponents team name.

Um, earlier this week?

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2023, 03:21:25 PM »
Kam Jones open for three, he actually pumped faked and drove to basket getting fouled. Just like the Nova guards do.  Outstanding, more please.

Ross in corner for open three, pump fakes, drives to hoop for dunk.  Outstanding, more please.

Ross was outstanding today, more than made up for Omax’s off day.

Ross is such a high energy guy.  He’s going to be really great…and he’s been great already.  Plays with a lot of poise for a freshman.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2023, 03:23:26 PM »
I thought the Kiwi really put us over the top in the second half. He had about a three minute stretch where he was doing everything: scoring, rebounding, defending, grabbing loose balls… Gave me a lot of optimism that we’ll be okay whenever Oso decides to leave.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2023, 03:24:00 PM »
Georgetown is probably the worst coached team I have seen on the offensive end. In thinking about the PT article from a day or so ago, they take A TON of just awful shots. And sure sometimes they make them, but the law of averages usually comes into play eventually.

Primo Spears for example could be a really good college point guard. But he just takes so many bad shots. If he had a decent coach, he could definitely be a bunch better than he is.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2023, 03:25:01 PM »
We still seem to have a ref problem. Georgetown in the bonus well before us in both halves.

Brian Butch in the first half said that we had done nothing to earn a foul. And he was right. It was all very passive.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2023, 03:26:33 PM »
Primo... sometimes he is like Captain Speirs from Band of Brothers.  Sometimes he is like Britney.   Oops, I did it again...

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2023, 03:36:44 PM »
You're right, I think.  That would be recycling a used thread title.

For next time:

Wring Out the Hoyas

No charge.  ;D
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2023, 03:37:55 PM »
I like it.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2023, 03:40:07 PM »
Brian Butch in the first half said that we had done nothing to earn a foul. And he was right. It was all very passive.
Brian Bitch is a moron. This quote was followed by Sean Jones driving to the hole and getting clobbered to no whistle.

Watch the games.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2023, 03:45:38 PM »
Sure feels like the game has slowed down for him.  His growth has been impressive.  Said it in the game thread, if Jones shows that improvement by next Big East season, guards in the league will hate playing Marquette

I think it’s fair to say, even on January 7th 2023, that Marquette will have the best guards in the BE in 2023/24.

I’m in no way looking forward to next season and sacrificing this one, but Holy hell.

Kam isn’t going anywhere, TyKo and Stevie aren’t going anywhere.
Then you have Chase Ross, Sean Jones, and Emarion Ellis who Shaka recruited to Texas.
Add on two really really good looking 2/3s coming in in Tre Norman and Zaide Lowery.

Even if one guy moves on because he doesn’t see a path to playing time, that is an absolutely LOADED 1-3.
You’ve got one of the best PGs and SGs, and the best defensive G in the BE already in place, and you back it up with the others?

I mean I’m not sure I’ve seen a more loaded backcourt top to bottom in my life as a Marquette fan.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2023, 03:45:56 PM »
GT boarding longing for a coach like Shaka and a PG like Kolek.

feedback