Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tyler just Kolek-ting assists  (Read 7759 times)

PointWarrior

• All American
Re: Tyler just Kolek-ting assists
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2023, 03:48:17 PM »
Sultan likes Badgers….

Brian Bitch is a moron. This quote was followed by Sean Jones driving to the hole and getting clobbered to no whistle.

Watch the games.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2023, 03:50:12 PM »
Sultan likes Badgers….

Brian Butch was fine today.  People that can’t get past where he went to school have maladjusted anti-social tendencies
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2023, 03:52:56 PM »
 :o Trap game 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2023, 03:58:11 PM »
Brian Bitch is a moron. This quote was followed by Sean Jones driving to the hole and getting clobbered to no whistle.

Watch the games.

🙄🙄🙄

Stick to…whatever it is you actually do well. Cause this ain’t it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2023, 04:00:34 PM »
First half. I think Shaka went a little too loose with lineups playing GT.

But GT has punched first half against other teams.

We buried them when it mattered. And outside of walk ons it was basically a 30 pt win.

TK is fu cking brilliant.

UCONN time
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2023, 04:02:45 PM »
First half. I think Shaka went a little too loose with lineups playing GT.

But GT has punched first half against other teams.

We buried them when it mattered. And outside of walk ons it was basically a 30 pt win.

TK is fu cking brilliant.

UCONN time

I actually think Shaka by and large sticks with his rotation in the first half. Unless he’s dealing with fouls of course.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2023, 04:12:34 PM »
I love Shaka sticking with the rotations, especially in the first half. We have nine guys that can play and they need minutes. He has shown a lot of confidence in his team and that will pay off down the road. As for today, they missed a lot of open looks in the first half and that was the difference.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2023, 04:22:13 PM »
It is a double edged sword, Goose.  Watching the game, I think the half time score was because of the first half substitution patterns.    I thought the stretches with 4 subs on the floor were painful to watch.

Having said that, it is a long season and MU will need contributions from everyone.  As bad as I thought the bench was in the first half, the three bench players on the floor when MU put the game away really made a difference.   

So, hurting my eyes was worth it, I guess.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2023, 04:30:37 PM »

Yes, some whiny interwebs fan-board poster taking issue with one thing Brian Butch said proves that he's a "moron."

He's one of the best college basketball announcers out there, but you go on thinking that the reason Marquette has won only one conference title is that the refs have hated MU for years. If not for those cheatin' refs, we'd have a dozen at least by now.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2023, 04:43:28 PM »
My experience tells me that people who continually blame refs really don’t know what they are seeing out there.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2023, 04:44:51 PM »
Georgetown is probably the worst coached team I have seen on the offensive end. In thinking about the PT article from a day or so ago, they take A TON of just awful shots. And sure sometimes they make them, but the law of averages usually comes into play eventually.

Primo Spears for example could be a really good college point guard. But he just takes so many bad shots. If he had a decent coach, he could definitely be a bunch better than he is.
Agreed. Spears has some talent but just goes iso iso iso. Bad team play.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2023, 05:39:59 PM »
Stevie Mitchell was on the radar to be on of my favorite MU players and he has quickly won me over. Its such a joy to watch this man play defense

What I love about Stevie is how he’s getting his points in the flow of the game and never looks to force stuff.  Showing he can knock down open looks makes our team even better because they can’t leave him open.  Plus his defensive intensity is just terrific. 

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2023, 05:42:16 PM »
I like Butch as an announcer, but I don't like Badgers....

Brian Butch was fine today.  People that can’t get past where he went to school have maladjusted anti-social tendencies

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2023, 06:02:57 PM »
What I love about Stevie is how he’s getting his points in the flow of the game and never looks to force stuff.  Showing he can knock down open looks makes our team even better because they can’t leave him open.  Plus his defensive intensity is just terrific.

Stevie's basketball IQ is off the charts, as is his real life IQ clocking in at the 4.0 GPA last semester.  His ability to read defenses and make the right cut, at the right time is special.

Overall with Kolek at Point, Oso at Center, and Stevie as a wing - that's some serious basketball IQ on the floor.

Someone else mentioned how they loved Kam pump faking a three and driving, and Chase Ross doing the same - also great plays/basketball IQ demonstration.   

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2023, 06:05:27 PM »
Never felt nervous the entire game. We were getting open shots, just not hitting them. Georgetown was getting a lot bad shots to go down. Knew there would be a massive reversal in the second half.

That being said, Georgetown also got too many good shots. Watching freaking Jordan Riley take Kam one on one and getting to the hoop for an easy layup is not great. Our defense is disruptive as he'll but too many of our players can't stay in front of their assignments. Need Stevie and Chase to rub off on the rest of team
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2023, 06:09:45 PM »
My only concern is why we don't play the first half like the second half. We just might see ourselves in a deep hole we can't dig ourselves out of in the second half and it just might be that first tournament game or it could be next Wednesday.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2023, 06:10:56 PM »
My only concern is why we don't play the first half like the second half. We just might see ourselves in a deep hole we can't dig ourselves out of in the second half and it just might be that first tournament game or it could be next Wednesday.

Or not. My only concern is that we do well overall, even if your scenario becomes reality Wednesday. You worry for me, OK?

And about getting into too deep of a hole in the first half to dig ourselves out in the second? We've been there, done that- the Wisconsin game. But we gave it one hell of a try, double OT.

Seriuosly- try to enjoy the games and worry about the losses after they happen, since we cannot do anything about them anyway.  :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 06:51:20 PM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2023, 06:20:04 PM »
Yes, some whiny interwebs fan-board poster taking issue with one thing Brian Butch said proves that he's a "moron."

He's one of the best college basketball announcers out there, but you go on thinking that the reason Marquette has won only one conference title is that the refs have hated MU for years. If not for those cheatin' refs, we'd have a dozen at least by now.
Haven’t you been wrong on like… every take you’ve ever had? I’m surprised you haven’t created a new account.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2023, 06:21:36 PM »
Marquette fans creaming over the mediocre announcer Brian Butch is pathetic. Fox Sports has much better to offer. There’s a reason he was sent to Milwaukee today and not Philly, Rhode Island, or even New Jersey.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2023, 06:22:41 PM »
…Brian Butch…

…He's one of the best college basketball announcers out there.
This can’t be a real take

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2023, 06:23:38 PM »
This can’t be a real take
Take a deep breath...

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2023, 06:26:10 PM »
Take a deep breath...
It just can’t be

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2023, 06:27:10 PM »
Marquette fans creaming over the mediocre announcer Brian Butch is pathetic. Fox Sports has much better to offer. There’s a reason he was sent to Milwaukee today and not Philly, Rhode Island, or even New Jersey.

Yeah, they use local announcers quite a bit.

It’s pathetic you don’t know that since you “watch the games”.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2023, 06:28:54 PM »

And that reason is he is part of a regional tandem and he lives in Wisconsin.

And not one is “creaming” over him. You’re the one who called him a “moron.” He clearly is not.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2023, 06:29:35 PM »
Yeah, they use local announcers quite a bit.

It’s pathetic you don’t know that since you “watch the games”.
If this was UConn and not Georgetown I’d bet any money we don’t have Brian Butch.