Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tyler just Kolek-ting assists  (Read 7760 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Tyler just Kolek-ting assists
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2023, 07:58:53 AM »
Sean is very talented, very quick, big heart.  Being 5'10, he has to figure some things out.    All of these 6'4 guys are almost as quick.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2023, 08:47:34 AM »
Sean is very talented, very quick, big heart.  Being 5'10, he has to figure some things out.    All of these 6'4 guys are almost as quick.
Agree with your first two statements. Not the third. Dude can get by anyone. What he does after that is what he needs to improve on.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2023, 09:35:39 AM »
Kolek gets into the paint at will, too.

Sean needs to figure out how to finish in the trees.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2023, 09:57:00 AM »
Sean needs to figure out how to finish in the trees.

I would add to that to be a more effective passer when getting into the paint. Often he drives and when he cannot get to the rim, just passes to anyone instead of someone in a position to score.

He is a frosh, all will improve.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2023, 10:25:13 AM »
I would add to that to be a more effective passer when getting into the paint. Often he drives and when he cannot get to the rim, just passes to anyone instead of someone in a position to score.

He is a frosh, all will improve.

This is actually impressive for a frosh. Too often frosh just keep driving and are stripped of the ball, blocked, or get called for charging.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2023, 10:30:16 AM »
This is actually impressive for a frosh. Too often frosh just keep driving and are stripped of the ball, blocked, or get called for charging.
Also given our ball movement offense, this isn’t a bad option. The person he passes to often finds the open shooter.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2023, 11:41:52 AM »
Shaka:     The voters thought we had 9th place parts.   

Which is parallel to what I said about the preseason voters.     They saw a team that had had Justin, Morsell, Greg, and Kur leaving with Sean, Ben, Wrightsil,  and Chase coming in.     A team without any returning double digit scorers.     A team with players in all new roles.     
    Their assessment is not unfair.   

I was more optimistic because I saw improvement at the end of the season by OMax and Stevie.    I paid attention to the reports of improvement all summer.      The voters don't have that option.     

So, Shaka is accomplishing something that Wojo never could.    He has created a team that is better than the perceived sum of the parts.   

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2023, 11:58:26 AM »
So, Shaka is accomplishing something that Wojo never could.    He has created a team that is better than the perceived sum of the parts.
Indeed, Shaka said in the press conference that was the goal. And you noted early in his tenure that Wojo didn't seem able to achieve greater than the sum of the parts. In fact, he always seemed to manage to achieve less than the sum of the parts results.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2023, 01:33:37 PM »
Shaka:     The voters thought we had 9th place parts.   

Which is parallel to what I said about the preseason voters.     They saw a team that had had Justin, Morsell, Greg, and Kur leaving with Sean, Ben, Wrightsil,  and Chase coming in.     A team without any returning double digit scorers.     A team with players in all new roles.     
    Their assessment is not unfair.   

I was more optimistic because I saw improvement at the end of the season by OMax and Stevie.    I paid attention to the reports of improvement all summer.      The voters don't have that option.     

Yep. I have a new signature courtesy of Warrior Fan with those words.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

feedback