[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Scary Situation in Cape Breton, NS  (Read 6054 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Scary Situation in Cape Breton, NS
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2022, 02:55:45 PM »
We are safe and sound in South Florida, but daughter is at UCF and the latest models show a(nother) shift east toward her. Might be heading out tomorrow to go get her. UCF keeps postponing its decision.  >:(
There are two very different sets of models on this one. One heading if over west central Florida and one heading toward the panhandle. Very strange to see this significant of a different in models 72 hours out.
The one closer to central Florida landfall also shows it stopping just off shore as a Cat 3 or 4. Bad news for the Tampa bay area if it holds.
I keep saying "next forecast run will be clearer", I keep being wrong!

(Ft Myers should still be fine for the tournament)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2022, 03:05:41 PM »
That is all that matters.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2022, 03:49:43 PM »
We are safe and sound in South Florida, but daughter is at UCF and the latest models show a(nother) shift east toward her. Might be heading out tomorrow to go get her. UCF keeps postponing its decision.  >:(
There are two very different sets of models on this one. One heading if over west central Florida and one heading toward the panhandle. Very strange to see this significant of a different in models 72 hours out.
The one closer to central Florida landfall also shows it stopping just off shore as a Cat 3 or 4. Bad news for the Tampa bay area if it holds.
I keep saying "next forecast run will be clearer", I keep being wrong!

(Ft Myers should still be fine for the tournament)

Ian may not listen to forecasters pbiflyer.  I hope your daughter and family are safe.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 05:41:33 PM by MuggsyB »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2022, 05:16:04 PM »
My parent's development in St Pete is in a mandatory evacuation zone.  Scary stuff.  Thank god they are up here for 2 weeks, coincidentally.  Hopefully damage is minimal

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2022, 07:10:29 PM »
My parent's development in St Pete is in a mandatory evacuation zone.  Scary stuff.  Thank god they are up here for 2 weeks, coincidentally.  Hopefully damage is minimal
The storm surge in Pinellas and Hillsboro counties could be devastating. Hope your parents place escapes unscathed. Glad they are safe.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 07:15:07 PM by pbiflyer »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2022, 09:21:04 AM »
Good friend and his family in Cape Coral boogied out this afternoon to North Georgia.

My Fort Myers family seems to be consolidating together in one house near FGCU for the moment.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2022, 10:15:32 AM »
My favorite cousin and his wife have a beautiful home in St. Pete's historic Old Northeast neighborhood. They have readied it for the hurricane as best they could and have evacuated to the Lauderdale area, where his wife has relatives. My only living aunt (my cousin's mom) is in an assisted living facility in St. Pete. "It's a brand new, concrete-block building that was built with these disasters in mind, and they have a readied disaster plan and a wonderful staff. She'll be safest there," my cousin said.

Hoping all of them come out of it OK, obviously.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2022, 10:52:49 AM »
Have lots of business interests in Tampa /St Pete and all through the projected path into North and Central Florida that will be devastated

First we protect employees and then figure out how to wind down operations

This is going to be an expensive storm
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2022, 12:43:03 PM »
Have lots of business interests in Tampa /St Pete and all through the projected path into North and Central Florida that will be devastated

This thing looks freaking nasty Herman.   I hope it doesn't cause you tremendous problems. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2022, 12:44:26 PM »

Hoping for the best JWags.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2022, 12:45:40 PM »
My favorite cousin and his wife have a beautiful home in St. Pete's historic Old Northeast neighborhood. They have readied it for the hurricane as best they could and have evacuated to the Lauderdale area, where his wife has relatives. My only living aunt (my cousin's mom) is in an assisted living facility in St. Pete. "It's a brand new, concrete-block building that was built with these disasters in mind, and they have a readied disaster plan and a wonderful staff. She'll be safest there," my cousin said.

Hoping all of them come out of it OK, obviously.

Ughhh....that's scary.  I hope your Aunt and that building is spared from flooding

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2022, 12:54:40 PM »
It could be really ugly. Looking like Charlie redux. I obviously spoke too soon about Ft Myers being safe. I should know better.
Tons of low lying areas in the impact zones. And it looks like landfall will be around high tide potentially.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2022, 02:08:45 PM »
Ughhh....that's scary.  I hope your Aunt and that building is spared from flooding

Thanks Muggs. I also hope for good results for all of our fellow Scoopers who have loved ones in the path of the hurricane.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2022, 02:10:21 PM »
Indeed. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2022, 07:47:59 PM »
We are preparing for the worst . Got the employees out of harms way for the most part ( excepting localized tornadoes)

Have learned, from past experience ,the business interruption is impacted by how fast the power comes back on .

Insurance doesn’t pay much unless there is a direct hit . Then there is a big debate debate about how many deductibles there are . We say one , the Insurance company tries to count each incident as a separate deductible .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2022, 10:44:00 PM »
This thing is no joke. Right now it looks like Fort Myers and Naples are going to get the strongest punch.  Key West is getting 75 mph gusts and Ian isn't that close to shore.  The thought of 8-12 feet of storm surge with relentless rain is an uh-oh situation with no solutions. 

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2022, 04:25:35 AM »
This thing is no joke. Right now it looks like Fort Myers and Naples are going to get the strongest punch.  Key West is getting 75 mph gusts and Ian isn't that close to shore.  The thought of 8-12 feet of storm surge with relentless rain is an uh-oh situation with no solutions.
Some experts are predicting that many of the Florida Keys will be underwater within the next 20 years. This will not help.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2022, 06:39:50 AM »
Will make landfall at or near a cat 5 Hurricane. Yikes. We had three tornadoes bracket our neighborhood last night.
We are now expecting strong tropical force winds and we are 150 miles away from it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2022, 07:20:19 AM »
Will make landfall at or near a cat 5 Hurricane. Yikes. We had three tornadoes bracket our neighborhood last night.
We are now expecting strong tropical force winds and we are 150 miles away from it.

Be safe!
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2022, 07:35:47 AM »
Some experts are predicting that many of the Florida Keys will be underwater within the next 20 years. This will not help.

Sea levels have been rising for the last 20000 years; so not much of a prediction except for the 20 year bit.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2022, 07:44:38 AM »

No pun intended, eh?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2022, 07:50:01 AM »
Sea levels have been rising for the last 20000 years; so not much of a prediction except for the 20 year bit.

I was curious about this statement.  If you are curious its true but pretty meaningless, especially in context of my perceived intent of the poster.  The sea has been rising that long, but the intensity of the increases in the past 100 are on a different level.  The increases are also accelerating.

https://ocean.si.edu/through-time/ancient-seas/sea-level-rise

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2022, 08:06:04 AM »
Latest path is now causing us to close more operations throughout the state

This is literally a Perfect Storm in terms of destroying our business

---Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2022, 08:52:36 AM »
Latest path is now causing us to close more operations throughout the state

This is literally a Perfect Storm in terms of destroying our business

Thoughts and prayers to the Lee Island & Paradise Coasts.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2022, 09:47:00 AM »
I was curious about this statement.  If you are curious its true but pretty meaningless, especially in context of my perceived intent of the poster.  The sea has been rising that long, but the intensity of the increases in the past 100 are on a different level.  The increases are also accelerating.

https://ocean.si.edu/through-time/ancient-seas/sea-level-rise

Thanks for doing the legwork on that, Frenns.  Good context.

feedback