[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Anheuser-Bush new Beer Sponsor at Fiserv Forum  (Read 13685 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Anheuser-Bush new Beer Sponsor at Fiserv Forum
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2022, 07:11:43 AM »
This has happened before.

Years ago, the authority that ran Busch Memorial Stadium in downtown St. Louis put the beer concession at Busch up for bid. Nobody ever thought anyone but Anheuser Busch would win the revised contract.

Miller did and for three years, only Miller beers were sold at Busch Stadium.

That aggravated the Brewery so much they bought the stadium. Never again was a product not made by AB sold at Busch Stadium.

stlwarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2022, 07:54:20 AM »
Not sure where this story came from but this never happened.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2022, 01:02:37 PM »
I’ve been in sport business for 20 years.  I know how you “have to” partner with the non hometown company on occasion.  I also know how Miller can be cheap and not always think big picture.   

That all being said this is one the deal you do don’t.   

No matter that this MolsonCoors vs. InBev, you don’t do this deal in Milwaukee.  It’s the one category where you have to take the L and move on.

Besides when you’re charging $13.50 / Miller Lite you’re doing ok in the category to begin with. 

Really, really gross.

especially when it's from a slightly watered down "stadium keg" to get a few more pours out of it and increase revenue.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2022, 01:47:54 PM »
This move by the Bucks clearly sabotaged Alex Lasry's run for the Senate.  He's heard the furor from the angry mob and pulled out of the race.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

panda

• All American
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2022, 02:46:30 PM »
especially when it's from a slightly watered down "stadium keg" to get a few more pours out of it and increase revenue.

No such thing

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2022, 08:46:33 PM »
No such thing

People I knew who worked at AB said differently. And the Seahawks got busted with watered down kegs and “large”  cups that contained the same amount as the mediums.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/11/12/7205889/seahawks-selling-watered-down-beer-century-link-field
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

panda

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2022, 06:57:52 AM »
People I knew who worked at AB said differently. And the Seahawks got busted with watered down kegs and “large”  cups that contained the same amount as the mediums.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/11/12/7205889/seahawks-selling-watered-down-beer-century-link-field

I’ve worked in the beer industry from an entry level college job delivering beer to the stadiums etc. in Milwaukee all the way to a sales management position working in the Chicago, Omaha and Boston markets.

I can unequivocally say there is a zero percent chance breweries are giving those cities watered down beer specifically for large sporting venues. They receive the same kegs/bottles as every liquor store, bar etc. within the distributors working radius. Changing abv content from the posted number is a serious mistake and something that each brewery meticulously checks, even the larger ones.

I cannot say with 100% certainty that Seattle doesn’t do this as I’ve never worked in the market, but I would say the chances are much higher that the local news reporter who has never ran abv tests most likely did not follow protocols which caused the variance.

Fear not fans of live sports, the beer may taste like water, but it is absolutely, positively not anymore watered down than the normal amount :-)

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2022, 07:46:27 AM »
The guy who lived next to me in McCormick freshman year was from Milwaukee and told me the beer at the Bradley Center had a higher alcohol percentage than normal beer. I totally believed him and used it as an excuse on why I’d get so drunk (it wasn’t the 20+ beers I’d have on game day).

A few years after graduation I reminded him of the story which he had no memory of. He told me completely made it up. We got a good laugh out of it but I still maintain those beers were stronger and the reason the BC was so awesome
Bring back FFP!!!

lawdog77

• All American

panda

• All American
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2022, 08:32:53 AM »
Here's another study:

https://www.ktvu.com/news/2-investigates-watered-down-beer-at-bay-area-ballparks

Just reached out to a colleague on the west coast. This is his response -

Years ago Very specific municipalities or states. I wanna say in California it’s 3.2 beer in the stadiums

However since a lot of states have dropped 3.2 laws the major brewers really stopped producing 3.2 beer

Overall though 95% of stadiums have full strength if not 100%

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2022, 09:11:56 AM »

Pretty sure it happened back in the 1970s.

It was a weird time and the Brewery didn't control the stadium. As I recall, it was only about a year or two.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2022, 09:29:26 AM »
This move by the Bucks clearly sabotaged Alex Lasry's run for the Senate.  He's heard the furor from the angry mob and pulled out of the race.

Ha!  that was my first thought when I heard he dropped out.
Have some patience, FFS.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2022, 10:24:41 PM »

Dgies has a lot of enthusiasm about the Cardinals, but some of his references regarding St. Louis, are inaccurate, and many/most are from the 1960’s. He has never lived there. He means well.

And I am unsure how often he visits. Example: I was surprised at his complete lack of awareness of the hockey team’s very large following and popularity. They were founded in 1967, one year after the baseball stadium was named Busch Memorial Stadium, a DGies 1960’s reference above. (until “Memorial” was dropped in 1981)

Speaking of that, it is true that Stl Blues Hockey Chairman  Tom Stillman is Chairman and CEO of Summit Distributing, which distributes Miller products (among others). It is the 2nd largest distributor in the state. (The Blues have other owners too.)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2022, 02:07:16 AM »
Dgies has a lot of enthusiasm about the Cardinals, but some of his references regarding St. Louis, are inaccurate, and many/most are from the 1960’s. He has never lived there. He means well.

And I am unsure how often he visits. Example: I was surprised at his complete lack of awareness of the hockey team’s very large following and popularity. They were founded in 1967, one year after the baseball stadium was named Busch Memorial Stadium, a DGies 1960’s reference above. (until “Memorial” was dropped in 1981)

Speaking of that, it is true that Stl Blues Hockey Chairman  Tom Stillman is Chairman and CEO of Summit Distributing, which distributes Miller products (among others). It is the 2nd largest distributor in the state. (The Blues have other owners too.)
Cardinal on Cardinal dissension!
#WWYD (What would YADI do?)

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2022, 07:56:45 AM »
I don’t have anything against Dgies. But we aren’t the same person with the same opinions about the Cardinals, St. Louis, or probably some other places and topics too. And that’s okay. I’m sure we could find agreement on some things, as I know to his credit, he would respectfully try. We can respectfully disagree some of the time.

As for beer, it’s just beer. If you like beer try a variety and enjoy yourself.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 07:58:38 AM by shoothoops »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2022, 09:06:56 AM »

Spoken like someone who has grown up on Anheuser-Busch products.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2022, 09:14:09 AM »
In all seriousness, I am excited to see what happens with the craft beer stand. If I’m going to pay $15 for a beer, it might as well be something I like. Sometimes I’d go High Life for the nostalgia of it (my grandpa worked at Miller for a long time).

I’m not sure about the one downstairs, but the Upper Bowl Drink Wisconsinably stand was not open very often. Wondering if this change will have it open more, or if that’s a Fiserv decision.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2022, 09:18:08 AM »
Spoken like someone who has grown up on Anheuser-Busch products.

I don’t think you understood my post. Variety means a variety of Brewers from a variety of geographies.

I think some take the parochial/provincial a bit too far.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2022, 09:23:02 AM »
I don’t think you understood my post. Variety means a variety of Brewers from a variety of geographies.

I think some take the parochial/provincial a bit too far.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2022, 10:14:42 AM »
I’m not sure about the one downstairs, but the Upper Bowl Drink Wisconsinably stand was not open very often. Wondering if this change will have it open more, or if that’s a Fiserv decision.

That's a Fiserv call. And they really need to get their crap together on food and drink if they're going to charge a premium. The system last year was awful.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2022, 01:28:53 PM »
That's a Fiserv call. And they really need to get their crap together on food and drink if they're going to charge a premium. The system last year was awful.

Beyond awful.  And there's no consistency.

Some stands you can order from a human and pay
Some stands you can only order from their iPad
Some stands you can only order via the app on your phone

I hated the Bradley Center (bc it was a hockey first arena) but there are times when I really miss it.  And don't get me started on the men's rooms.

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2022, 02:20:32 PM »
I don’t have anything against Dgies. But we aren’t the same person with the same opinions about the Cardinals, St. Louis, or probably some other places and topics too. And that’s okay. I’m sure we could find agreement on some things, as I know to his credit, he would respectfully try. We can respectfully disagree some of the time.

Nothing finer than when the STL Orcs turn on their own.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2022, 02:40:29 PM »
Nothing finer than when the STL Orcs turn on their own.

You’re trying too hard. I hope the team you root for wins more often for you. Gotta be challenging going through life being so parochial and provincial.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2022, 04:08:20 PM »
You’re trying too hard. I hope the team you root for wins more often for you. Gotta be challenging going through life being so parochial and provincial.

Not any harder than going through life like a condescending blowhard
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2022, 04:20:06 PM »
Not any harder than going through life like a condescending blowhard

Thanks for illustrating the point. Very kind. A beer toast to you, cheers.