[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: School Shooting in Texas  (Read 6996 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: School Shooting in Texas
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2022, 08:37:13 PM »
This is the 212th mass shooting so far in 2022.

This is the 27th school shooting so far in 2022.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2022, 08:37:51 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)

Change is possible

Not in America.  This is a good night for the gun lobby and gun fetish folks.  A mass shooting at a school instead of another public space means they can shift the goalposts to blaming a lack of security at schools and not the gun violence that runs rampant throughout America, not just Chicago.  Really, it’s the schools fault.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2022, 08:41:10 PM »
I hope this time is different and the cowards on one side of the aisle actually feel compassion instead of worrying about lining their own pockets or funding their next election.

You’re a dreamer, sadly.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2022, 08:41:46 PM »
Do we know any facts at this point regarding how this scumbag acquired these guns?
Bought them for his 18th birthday.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2022, 08:44:05 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)

Change is possible

Bush league country with amateur sports leagues and amateur mass murderers

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2022, 08:44:13 PM »
Do we know any facts at this point regarding how this scumbag acquired these guns?

Are you joking? He lives in America. That's how.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2022, 08:45:16 PM »
50% of gun purchases in Texas not subject to even background checks
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2022, 08:47:48 PM »
What is even more amazing is that the cultists are going to fund raise off of the outrage.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2022, 08:58:52 PM »
What is even more amazing is that the cultists are going to fund raise off of the outrage.

Of course, because they want this. Every gun owner secretly wants this. They want a justification to have their own gun. And every time this happens it makes them feel more secure in their own need for a gun. They vote for this at the ballot box. They support this financially by giving dollars to the NRA or gun manufacturers.

Yes, the politicians are also culpable, but so is every gun owner in this country. They normalize this garbage to rationalize their own selfish insecurities.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2022, 09:00:46 PM »
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 10:22:03 PM by mu_hilltopper »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2022, 09:05:40 PM »

Yes.

And maybe we should restrict access to firearms so those suffering from mental illness don’t mow down elementary school students.

I mean this isn’t an either/or issue. We can work on both problems.

Some members of the federal government would prefer Americans not have access to fire arms. Meanwhile in Afghanistan....
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/15/asia/taliban-military-parade-us-weapons-intl/index.html

The elites don't care for any of these kids in TX... and they certainly don't care about those kids either

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2022, 09:07:26 PM »
Of course, because they want this. Every gun owner secretly wants this. They want a justification to have their own gun. And every time this happens it makes them feel more secure in their own need for a gun. They vote for this at the ballot box. They support this financially by giving dollars to the NRA or gun manufacturers.

Yes, the politicians are also culpable, but so is every gun owner in this country. They normalize this garbage to rationalize their own selfish insecurities.

I'm not sure it's fair to say this of "every gun owner."
I know many gun owners who are not members of or fans of the NRA, support many gun control measures, hate that military-style rifles are readily available, etc. But they own rifles to hunt or target shoot.
I'm fine with these people. I'm even fine with people who foolishly believe they need a handgun in the home to protect themselves.
The problem are tiny-d*icked, wannabe tough guys who equate guns with masculinity and power, fetishize their ownership of them and, despite loads of evidence to the contrary, thinks the government is coming to get them.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2022, 09:14:59 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2022, 09:17:21 PM »
Not in America.  This is a good night for the gun lobby and gun fetish folks.  A mass shooting at a school instead of another public space means they can shift the goalposts to blaming a lack of security at schools and not the gun violence that runs rampant throughout America, not just Chicago.  Really, it’s the schools fault.

"OMG, there is a guy with a flamethrower running around the neighborhood setting houses on fire!"

"Now, now, flamethrowers are just inanimate objects, no reason to restrict access to them. What we really need is to make houses more fire resistant."

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2022, 09:22:27 PM »
I know many gun owners who are not members of or fans of the NRA, support many gun control measures, hate that military-style rifles are readily available, etc. But they own rifles to hunt or target shoot.
I'm fine with these people. I'm even fine with people who foolishly believe they need a handgun in the home to protect themselves.
The problem are tiny-d*icked, wannabe tough guys who equate guns with masculinity and power, fetishize their ownership of them and, despite loads of evidence to the contrary, thinks the government is coming to get them.

What an odd endorsement of trans rights
https://twitter.com/MsBlaireWhite/status/1525154432496934912

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2022, 09:23:27 PM »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2022, 09:24:28 PM »

I'm past that. Because we always hear about the illegal guns, and yet every illegal gun was once a legal one. So it's the legal, so called "responsible" gun owners that helped get us where we are. Anyone that has given a penny to a gun manufacturer owns a share of this.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2022, 09:26:59 PM »
unnatural carnal knowledge this pretty boy

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2022, 09:31:11 PM »
I'm past that. Because we always hear about the illegal guns, and yet every illegal gun was once a legal one. So it's the legal, so called "responsible" gun owners that helped get us where we are. Anyone that has given a penny to a gun manufacturer owns a share of this.

The corporate press has covered legal guns too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2021/08/25/taliban-us-military-weapons/

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2022, 09:33:50 PM »

We also had that scumbag In Las Vegas with no criminal record at all who massacred people 30 floors up from his room at the Mandalay Bay.  If this 18 yr old literally walked into a gun shop and within minutes bought two firearms it's disgusting.  Even if he had some sort of background check.  Each of these cases are different and we also have tons of gun murders from weapons acquired illegally.  I think we have 100 million gun owners in this country, it's pretty insane.  Maybe age requirements need to change?  Bi-monthly checks and renewals?  I agree with Hards that schools need to be far more secure with electronic systems for starters. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2022, 09:40:45 PM »
We also had that scumbag In Las Vegas with no criminal record at all who massacred people 30 floors up from his room at the Mandalay Bay.  If this 18 yr old literally walked into a gun shop and within minutes bought two firearms it's disgusting.  Even if he had some sort of background check.  Each of these cases are different and we also have tons of gun murders from weapons acquired illegally.  I think we have 100 million gun owners in this country, it's pretty insane.  Maybe age requirements need to change?  Bi-monthly checks and renewals?  I agree with Hards that schools need to be far more secure with electronic systems for starters.

Let's start by re-upping the 1994 assault weapons ban. There's no earthly reason a citizen needs to or should own an AR-15 or any similar weapon. They're no good for hunting. They're no good for target practice. They're no good for home defense.
They serve one purpose only - to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2022, 09:43:01 PM »
Require gun owners to see a psychologist/counselor once a month. Helps gun control and helps the mental health issue that apparently only the US has.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2022, 09:44:19 PM »

It's no secret that gun control laws are meant to keep firearms out of the hands of *checks notes* minorities.

https://news.yahoo.com/long-racist-history-gun-control-132426060.html

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2022, 09:53:19 PM »

Agree that there needs to be more done. Personally, my perspective has really shifted in the last 5 years and I’ve experienced 2 personal deaths due to them. When you bring a gun into your home, even for self defense, a lot of variables now come into play. There’s a much greater chance of something else going wrong than you successfully neutralizing a threat with it. AR rifles should also be banned, imo. So, I’ll support policies that aim to reduce the amount of gun violence in this country and I wish republicans would give an inch on it. The reason they won’t is because they are afraid the other side will take a mile on it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 09:56:19 PM by CountryRoads »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2022, 09:56:15 PM »
Of course, because they want this. Every gun owner secretly wants this. They want a justification to have their own gun.

Despicable lie that you know is a lie.

No more true than saying that everyone who supports abortion on demand secretly wants more dead babies.

I know you’re heartbroken and angry. Everybody is. And you’re passionate about your opinions. That’s OK. But accusing people of cheering on mass murderers because you disagree with them on gun control policies is far beyond the pale.