[Today at 05:16:12 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: School Shooting in Texas  (Read 6925 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: School Shooting in Texas
« Reply #175 on: May 25, 2022, 07:19:49 AM »

This is not is partisan issue. Anyone who denies the presence of mental health issues with mass murders is either in denial or doesn't understand the complexity of the problem. The murders should be committed long before it gets to the point of harming others. But, can't do that today because its not the kinder, gentler approach, aina?

How is it that no other country has mass mental health issues?

Buy yeah, keep voting against funding any solutions and keep deflecting from the obvious problem.

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #176 on: May 25, 2022, 07:21:58 AM »
Don't worry, folks. Ted Cruz is on it!

He said on the twits that he and his wife "are fervently lifting up in prayer the children and families in the horrific shooting in Uvalde."

Halleluyah!

Except the almighty lord apparently was vacationing in Cancun when it came to protecting those kids. Hey, he can't be everywhere and do everything. It's not like he's supposed to be omnipresent and omnipotent.

In his next breath, Cruz of course criticized Democrats for "politicizing" the incident. He was upset that some Dems had the temerity to call for the kind of common-sense gun laws that 70% to 90% of Americans want. Heathens! If you want gun laws, you hate god!

Cruz knows the truth: We actually need more guns! Arm the teachers! Arm the administrators! Arm the custodians! Why stop there? Arm the schoolkids!

And while Cruz and his ugly (according to Trump) wife were fervently praying, NC legislators were feverishly crafting a bill that would mimic Florida's "Don't Say Gay" law. Because enacting laws like that, banning books and taking stands against CRT (which has never been taught in a single K-12 school) are the real way to protect our kids.

As usual, it's not enough for one GOP-led state to simply mimic another's cruel, discriminatory actions. They have to take it a step further and be even more cruel. And so the NC law would require teachers to "out" any kids who confide in them -- just as Jesus would want.

A little surprised they aren't requiring teachers to shoot the gay out of kids. That'd learn 'em!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #177 on: May 25, 2022, 07:23:13 AM »
As I understand it, mental health patients must seek help on their own initiative. Others, including family while they may realize the problems, are powerless to do anything about it. This policy, if true, should be changed, hey?

Such "red flag" laws have been proposed in Texas in 2017, 2019 and 2021. The Republican-controlled legislature has allowed them to die in committee. Greg Abbott even said he'd support such a law, until he took heat from the gun nuts and backed away.
https://www.uslawshield.com/update-red-flag-laws-tx/
https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/24/texas-gun-laws-uvalde-mass-shootings/

And Ted Cruz has been an outspoken opponent to federal red flag legislation.
https://www.cruz.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/sen-cruz-federal-red-flag-laws-are-not-the-answer-to-reducing-gun-violence

Even the people who claim this is really a mental health issue aren't doing anything to address it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2022, 07:25:31 AM »
Chicos feels safer because if someone comes charging into his house he is allowed to go to his gun safe, unlock it, pull out his weapon of choice, and blow the intruder to pieces.

The guy is literally the saddest person I've ever come across in my life.  First he's been permabanned multiple times on an internet forum yet keeps coming back over and over and over.  That lone says quite a bit.

Then he writes a sob song about how his true love in life, which is not his actual wife, died and how he realized how he's acted around here is so unacceptable and there are bigger things in life than being right on an internet forum and how he's changed.  Well, that went well.

Now he's literally using the murder of 19 children to trigger people on an internet forum.  He couldn't care less what his actual values (he has none) and beliefs are.  He's just saying whatever he knows will get people fired up and get him all this attention that he so desperately needs online.  I can't fathom being that sad of a human being.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2022, 07:27:11 AM »
Just because I'm right leaning doesn't mean I buy the entire platform. I don't own a gun and frankly, probably never will. I will submit to you that, even with air tight gun laws, those with evil intentions will still find a way to obtain them. Frankly, there aren't many deterrents to committing these crimes. Body armor aside, the evil intended must know they will never survive an undertaking such as what happened in Texas. Even if they did, today's soft on crime judicial system, is not going to crack down on the obvious. Hopelessness and despair is difficult to overcome. As #24 used to say while commentating on the radio, "when you ain't got nothing, you've got nothing to lose," hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback