[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: School Shooting in Texas  (Read 7019 times)

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
Re: School Shooting in Texas
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2022, 11:24:14 PM »
Ha ha ha ha ha.
You posted this four days ago:

"Ok, people know about the shooting now. Just realize this happens in Chicago every night because of the thugs, mayor and soft on crime policies."
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=63391.msg1450205#msg1450205

Your hypocrisy knows no limits, Cheeks.
Notice I blamed the responsible parties and not the inanimate objects. Seems consistent to me but you are entitled to your opinion.
All Lives Matter

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2022, 11:25:14 PM »
You want to argue semantics. I want to save kids lives. I’m cool with that.

It’s no one’s fault then. Somehow though, this doesn’t happen in the UK, Australia, or most any other developed country. Can’t figure out why though… keep hugging your guns buddy.
Will do, thanks.
All Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2022, 11:25:59 PM »
You need to read a little more closely. The 1994 Assault Weapons Ban did nothing to prevent the Texas shooting, did it??

In a day full of insipid comments, this ranks way up there.
No law has ever prevented any crime. So, I guess we should have no laws.
#dickthedribblerlogic

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2022, 11:26:42 PM »
Kinda wild whenever someone kills people, everyone blames everyone and everything (including inanimate objects) except for the actual perpetrator.

Because blaming him goes without saying. 100% of people agree that he is at fault and should pay for what he did (which he already has).

But this man wasn't destined to be this. There are things that could have been done to prevent this from happening. At very least, there were things that could have been done to make sure that the death toll wasn't this high.

The will of the American people is being subverted. We have spoken and want more regulations on firearms. You can't get 90% of Americans to agree on almost anything but we agree on this. Yet minority rule allows our demands to go ignored. Doesn't that piss you off? It should if you are a country loving American.

And no, more regulation won't end gun violence. Thousands of people will still die. But wouldn't it be great if it was a few thousand less than what it would have been? Seatbelts don't stop all car accident deaths yet we still require them. We've tried your way. It doesn't work. In fact, it's been an unmitigated disaster. It's time to try something new.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2022, 11:30:51 PM »
One guy (1!) unsuccessfully tried to detonate an explosive on a plane with his shoe 20 years ago. Ever since, people are forced to take off their shoes before going to get on a plane.

Yet, here we are.

I mean f*ck, right? No one blinks when we react to one isolated incident (that FAILED) but we see tens of thousands successfully murdered and we shrug our shoulders. The f*ck is wrong with people?
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2022, 11:33:32 PM »
BTW, latest death count up to 19 children and 2 adults (not including the shooter). Those 19 children were second to fourth graders, meaning we are talking about 7 to 10 year olds.
TAMU

Mucubfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2022, 11:35:22 PM »
The f*ck is wrong with people?
Look at the posts above and you have your answer. People care more about their precious weapons than innocent school children. Period.

Glad those Marquette values really came through on all my fellow alumni. So sad.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2022, 11:37:42 PM »
Notice I blamed the responsible parties and not the inanimate objects. Seems consistent to me but you are entitled to your opinion.

You completely ignored my question. How would your life be any different without your guns?

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2022, 11:38:24 PM »
You want to argue semantics. I want to save kids lives. I’m cool with that.

It’s no one’s fault then. Somehow though, this doesn’t happen in the UK, Australia, or most any other developed country. Can’t figure out why though… keep hugging your guns buddy.

Thanks hero.

Not only did nobody lose their job, they never issued apology

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/12/13/us-will-not-punish-military-over-afghanistan-drone-killing-of-civilians.html

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2022, 11:41:49 PM »
I really hope we can have a rational discussion without politicizing this terrible tragedy.  I just feel there are many factors that need to be looked at and the common talking points on both political sides leads to more division and isn't particularly effective towards viable solutions.

I appreciate the sentiment Muggsy, but 19 7-10 year olds are dead. And that's just looking at today, it doesn't include the hundreds of thousands lost to gun violence over the past few decades. We are past rational discussion. Every single person in this country should be filled with righteous indignation until meaningful regulation is enacted and a meaningful level of additional support for mental health services in this country is approved.
TAMU

Mucubfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2022, 11:42:59 PM »
Thanks hero.

Not only did nobody lose their job, they never issued apology

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/12/13/us-will-not-punish-military-over-afghanistan-drone-killing-of-civilians.html
Save your efforts to change the subject or to build a straw man. Some adults are having a real conversation about domestic gun violence. Bye.

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2022, 11:44:48 PM »
You completely ignored my question. How would your life be any different without your guns?
I wouldn’t feel as safe, nor would my family. If someone breaks into our house, we can blow them to pieces. If we have no guns, they blow us to pieces with a gun they obtained on the black market. Simple as that. I won’t give up that type of security, nor will many other people who care about protecting themselves against not only bad actors but also an overreaching government, lest we end up like Australia.
All Lives Matter

Mucubfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2022, 11:47:28 PM »
I wouldn’t feel as safe, nor would my family. If someone breaks into our house, we can blow them to pieces. If we have no guns, they blow us to pieces with a gun they obtained on the black market. Simple as that. I won’t give up that type of security, nor will many other people who care about protecting themselves against not only bad actors but also an overreaching government, lest we end up like Australia.
This is perfect. I love how you fantasize about blowing someone to pieces. Good touch. Not gross at all. Can’t imagine why mass shootings happen, not at all.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2022, 11:52:03 PM »
Save your efforts to change the subject or to build a straw man. Some adults are having a real conversation about domestic gun violence. Bye.

it’s not ok (to murder children) if it is state sanctioned violence.

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2022, 11:52:47 PM »
This is perfect. I love how you fantasize about blowing someone to pieces. Good touch. Not gross at all. Can’t imagine why mass shootings happen, not at all.
That’s your opinion and that was mine. Interesting how neither myself or anyone I know goes on to perform mass shootings. What a wild coincidence. It’s a miracle.
All Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2022, 11:54:01 PM »

My favorite part is how he's going to use his guns to protect himself against the government.
Good luck with that, Cliven Bundy.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2022, 11:55:45 PM »
That’s your opinion and that was mine. Interesting how neither myself or anyone I know goes on to perform mass shootings. What a wild coincidence. It’s a miracle.

24 hours ago, Salvador Ramos had never committed a mass shooting. Then the miracle ended, I guess.

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2022, 11:56:53 PM »
24 hours ago, Salvador Ramos had never committed a mass shooting. Then the miracle ended, I guess.
I don’t know that dude.
All Lives Matter

Mucubfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2022, 11:59:08 PM »
Not yet I guess. But you do nothing to make it even a tad bit harder for folks to get military grade weapons, just so you can have piece of mind that the slippery slope that you have imagined will eventually reach you doesn’t.  The kids are just a sad byproduct of your need to keep guns cheap and accessible.

Was that part of theology 001 or 002, I forget.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2022, 12:04:53 AM »
My favorite part is how he's going to use his guns to protect himself against the government.
Good luck with that, Cliven Bundy.

My favorite part is the United States government is the greatest perpetrator of violence in the world. Who is even close for 2nd place in the 21st century?

They will burn your children alive and not lose a wink of sleep.

Mucubfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2022, 12:11:30 AM »
My favorite part is the United States government is the greatest perpetrator of violence in the world. Who is even close for 2nd place in the 21st century?

I’m sure you vote with the bloc that wants to decrease military spending, eh?

Side note, my other favorite argument on this topic is that illegal guns are so cheap and available, so I better get mine… somehow Econ 101 (maybe wasn’t taught at MU at the time?) missed these folks. Otherwise they would easily comprehend that less easily accessible AR-15s means way more expensive AR-15s and thus, less in the hands of, idk, 18 year olds, petty criminals, etc. Idk anymore.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2022, 12:50:23 AM »
Following Tuesday's mass shooting at a Texas elementary school, Arizona GOP congressman Paul Gosar spread a false and transphobic claim that the suspected shooter was a "transsexual leftist illegal alien."

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2022, 12:57:40 AM »
I don’t know that dude.

But I am sure he also fantasized about blowing someone to pieces. See the similarity?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2022, 03:20:30 AM »

Thanks John.
Get another job.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2022, 04:35:27 AM »
Guns aren’t going away. Armalite rifles aren’t going away, I never worry about this so I don’t argue about it nor fear it. Nobody is coming for my guns or anyone else’s, because that would be the end of the country. So, something else has to happen. Addressing the cultural rot would be a good start.

Guns aren’t going away no doubt. Beginning common sense ways to restrict access to them would be smart however.

And stop with the “cultural rot” nonsense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow