collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: School Shooting in Texas  (Read 6956 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
School Shooting in Texas
« on: May 24, 2022, 04:13:23 PM »
Latest count is 15 dead. 1 teacher, 14 students. The school only serves 2nd-4th grade. I have no words.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: School Shooting in Texas
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 04:15:28 PM »
I have words, but they would be said in vain.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 04:17:37 PM »
Only in America
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 04:24:49 PM »
Makes me think of homeschooling my kiddos. I can't even imagine. Don't want to hear details of this

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 04:30:53 PM »
Makes me think of homeschooling my kiddos. I can't even imagine. Don't want to hear details of this

I don’t envy anyone sending kids to schools.  I don’t envy teachers having to be taught how to lead active shooter drills or worse yet, participate in a live shooting.  But we’ve made the decision this is the society we choose to educate our children in.  It’s terrible what happened today, but it won’t be the last and it won’t be the worst.  Only in America

YaBlueIt

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 04:38:08 PM »
Only in America

Obligatory

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1819580358

Sad to think that this kind of thing happens multiple times a year here, with no end in sight.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 04:41:21 PM »
Cue obligatory thoughts and prayers. Yeah, that’ll do it

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 04:44:37 PM »
Obviously tragic and blood boiling news. The gun talk aside, I don’t know how in today’s day in age an intruder can still so easily enter a school property. Regardless of cost, all schools need stronger security measures for entry onto the premises.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2022, 04:47:16 PM »
Obviously tragic and blood boiling news. The gun talk aside, I don’t know how in today’s day in age an intruder can still so easily enter a school property. Regardless of cost, all schools need stronger security measures for entry onto the premises.
Sigh. Yes, schools should need to be fortresses. That's clearly the issue.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2022, 04:53:30 PM »
Platitude, cliche, lament, whataboutism, same arguments.   

Lather, rinse, repeat.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2022, 05:03:12 PM »

Regardless of cost? Why regardless of cost? Isn't there a limit to how much money taxpayers should be forced to spend on this?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2022, 05:07:00 PM »
Regardless of cost? Why regardless of cost? Isn't there a limit to how much money taxpayers should be forced to spend on this?

This is one of those cases where we throw money at it, I guess

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2022, 05:49:19 PM »
On the same day SCOTUS expands the second amendment to near vigilantism and in the same week a former POTUS and others will spend time in Texas celebrating the joy that guns bring to the lives of many Americans. 

Irony is dead. Long live irony. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2022, 05:53:52 PM »
On the same day SCOTUS expands the second amendment to near vigilantism and in the same week a former POTUS and others will spend time in Texas celebrating the joy that guns bring to the lives of many Americans. 

Only in America

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2022, 05:59:31 PM »
This is one of those cases where we throw money at it, I guess

Where's the gofundme to make sure GOP leaders  share disproportionately as the victims of gun violence

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2022, 05:59:43 PM »

Give me a break. The school properties are not the problem.

It's the people with guns. Period!!!

And as long as the majority of people in many, many states support guns for everyone - criminals included - this will never end.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2022, 06:00:30 PM »
Now is not the time....

Said every day after every one of these ad infinitum.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2022, 06:01:53 PM »
I have words, but they would be said in vain.

I also have words - but they would result in a permanent ban if I typed in this thread.

I am so far beyond angry that I can't even come up with a better word(s) to describe my feelings..

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2022, 06:05:15 PM »

The same week the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled that woman beaters have the right to own guns.

A man convicted of breaking into his estranged wife's home and threatening to kill her with a two-by-four board did not commit a "crime of domestic violence," the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled. He will be allowed to carry a concealed gun in Wisconsin.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2022, 06:06:31 PM »

Not even their worst ruling this week.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2022, 06:15:21 PM »
IBTL

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2022, 06:19:03 PM »

Do you jack off when Mitch mcconnell tells us it's not the time for politics? Or is it when Ken Paxton tells us if only there was a good guy with a gun?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2022, 06:24:49 PM »
Do you jack off when Mitch mcconnell tells us it's not the time for politics? Or is it when Ken Paxton tells us if only there was a good guy with a gun?

To be fair, Paxton also said maybe retired cops should offer their time to protect schools and to arm teachers

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2022, 06:27:02 PM »
Wait until you hear about what the United States government did to Iraq.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2022, 06:29:01 PM »

Don’t be an idiot. I’d just like to see a better effort made to protect kids at schools. I think that can be done. I agree with others that guns are the main problem here. I thought that was obvious and didn’t really mean anything else with my post.

And btw I don’t really know where that post comes from. Politically, I’m very in the middle on most issues. Maybe you are confusing me with someone else.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 06:31:20 PM by CountryRoads »

feedback