collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: School Shooting in Texas  (Read 6904 times)

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: School Shooting in Texas
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2022, 08:04:29 PM »
Don’t be an idiot. I’d just like to see a better effort made to protect kids at schools. I think that can be done. I agree with others that guns are the main problem here. I thought that was obvious and didn’t really mean anything else with my post.

And btw I don’t really know where that post comes from. Politically, I’m very in the middle on most issues. Maybe you are confusing me with someone else.

Sorry, I meant Joe Manchin.

In all seriousness, I'm scared. My kids weren't school age during the pandemic but it was refreshing (while a country was suffering) to go an extended period of time without the threat of school shootings.

It's hard enough for kids to navigate school post pandemic (???) with all of the other challenges. To have to wonder when its going to be close to home is unbearable.

Regarding funding for school improvements, you can't convince half the country to support school funding unless it promotes a religious ideology and/or marginalizes protected classes. You can't get them to empower districts and teachers to make meaningful investments in children's educational future. But we're going to spend billions hardening our schools? Give me a fcking break.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2022, 08:06:30 PM »
We need to arm students beginning with daycare.  The time has come to overthrow the yoke of tyranny and arm our toddlers to protect themselves. 

It’ll be a hard process but we have more guns than citizens in this country and we can get it done.  While some may call for training and teaching the proper handling and usage of guns, I think we can look to Texas to lead the rest of us.  It’s not required there to purchase weapons or open-carry.  One toddler may stop a bad guy, but every toddler armed will certainly deter bad guys.

As for mental health, well, I’m not paying for it, so I’ll continue to offer thoughts and prayers instead.  I’d also recommend banning any books that suggest anything about being anti-gun.

Finally, we need to build big, beautiful walls around our schools with moats filled with alligators and topped with barbed wire. 
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2022, 08:06:59 PM »
Every republican should hang their head in shame tomorrow.
Right. Because no Republican wants any reasonable gun control measures. Right. Because no republican has any feelings of sadness for the loss of human life, let alone children’s lives. Right. . Because no Republican’s children ever get killed by a gun. Right. 
Because all Republicans are the same as someone who shoots up the school. 

What a dumb f-ing comment. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2022, 08:08:47 PM »
Right. Because no Republican wants any reasonable gun control measures. Right.

Well where are they?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2022, 08:10:13 PM »
You're right, only America has a mental illness problem.

How stupid are you, this type of sh!t doesn't happen all over the world with the frequency that it does here.

But yes, we, and we alone have a mental illness problem.

So unbelievably brainwashed.

Thata boy, resorting to name calling emphasizes to everyone just how pissed you are, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2022, 08:10:33 PM »
Well where are they?

Don't be stupid, of course they want gun control measures. It's right on their list after controlling women and driving gay and Trans kids to kill themselves so the gun violence doesn't get them

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2022, 08:11:55 PM »
Right. Because no Republican wants any reasonable gun control measures. Right. Because no republican has any feelings of sadness for the loss of human life, let alone children’s lives. Right. . Because no Republican’s children ever get killed by a gun. Right. 

Which side, in your estimation, is responsible for blocking gun control? Which side offers thoughts and prayers and declares now is not the time to talk about gun control? Which side's candidates produces political ads showing them firing off guns in an effort to prove their bonafides? Which side continues to pass state laws allowing for less and less regulation?

Your feelings of sadness don't mean sh!t.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 08:13:57 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2022, 08:13:23 PM »

Thata boy, resorting to name calling emphasizes to everyone just how pissed you are, aina?

Not name calling, just truth in labeling
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2022, 08:14:30 PM »
Teachers need to start organizing walkouts across the country every time this happens.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2022, 08:16:31 PM »

I'm sorry, was the stupid old man thinking I was name calling?  Bro, you're literally stupid.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2022, 08:17:12 PM »

They might want it, but they won't actually vote for it because they cower to the gun lobby and other extreme elements in their ranks.

As for your latter comments, who actually said these things?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2022, 08:17:24 PM »
This country has a severe mental illness epidemic that needs to be addressed, hey?

Yes.

And maybe we should restrict access to firearms so those suffering from mental illness don’t mow down elementary school students.

I mean this isn’t an either/or issue. We can work on both problems.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Boone

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2022, 08:17:39 PM »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2022, 08:17:58 PM »

Virtually every republican supports more more more guns for everybody. That is not my opinion - it is fact.

panda

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2022, 08:18:07 PM »
The Republican Party has blood on their hands and will continue to block any sort of legislation to stop actual change.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2022, 08:18:55 PM »
Teachers need to start organizing walkouts across the country every time this happens.

They’d be vilified by the Fox News boomers as soon as they did that.  Teachers can’t win.  Constantly attacked by politicians and parents and also asked to protect their students and become gun-toting defenders of their classroom.  Education budgets being gutted, reforms voted down.  Thankless job.  Only in America
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2022, 08:20:47 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5x4eHn_3tA&t=18s

Well said, Steve!

Kind of a said state of affairs when our professional basketball coaches - Kerr, Pops, Doc, SVG, etc. - speak more powerfully and eloquently on these things than any of our political leaders.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2022, 08:23:34 PM »
Do we know any facts at this point regarding how this scumbag acquired these guns? 

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2022, 08:24:16 PM »
Trump and Abbott to celebrate guns and death at the NRA convention this week.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2022, 08:24:44 PM »
Virtually every republican supports more more more guns for everybody. That is not my opinion - it is fact.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2022, 08:25:52 PM »
Do we know any facts at this point regarding how this scumbag acquired these guns?

He bought them for his 18th birthday.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2022, 08:27:55 PM »
Boone

Thanks for sharing. Enough is enough. The country is fxcked up and changes are needed. I am speechless over how things are going in the USA and disgusted by how these events are now commonplace. 

panda

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2022, 08:28:07 PM »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2022, 08:31:29 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)

Change is possible
Not in this country. We can’t even get half the country to acknowledge reality. Nothing is going to change.

panda

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2022, 08:35:37 PM »
Not in this country. We can’t even get half the country to acknowledge reality. Nothing is going to change.

I hope this time is different and the cowards on one side of the aisle actually feel compassion instead of worrying about lining their own pockets or funding their next election.