collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2023?  (Read 81625 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2022?
« Reply #825 on: January 31, 2023, 12:40:31 PM »
I havent seen it yet for my own opinion.

But everywhere I look You People is basically being called an abomination to comedy.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #826 on: January 31, 2023, 01:25:25 PM »
I havent seen it yet for my own opinion.

But everywhere I look You People is basically being called an abomination to comedy.

Yea I'm not sure why.  The same people that are crapping all over it loved Dont Look Up which I thought was atrocious.

The ending was corny and a bit too predictable, so I can see people hating that, but I laughed more than I expected to.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #827 on: January 31, 2023, 01:30:22 PM »
Yea I'm not sure why.  The same people that are crapping all over it loved Dont Look Up which I thought was atrocious.

Well, I liked (didn't love, but liked) Don't Look Up ... so now I'm not sure if I should watch your show or not!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #828 on: January 31, 2023, 04:16:44 PM »
In The Dark hey
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #829 on: February 01, 2023, 08:59:08 AM »
Don't mean to sidetrack the Last of Us discussion, but "You People" on Netflix is hysterical.

Disagree.  Some funny bits, but mostly a painful watch.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #830 on: February 01, 2023, 02:24:54 PM »
Finally finished Ozark.

Meh

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #831 on: February 01, 2023, 02:39:39 PM »
Finally finished Ozark.

Meh

Agreed. Ozark was one of those series that I finished largely because I'd already invested so much time that it seemed silly not to. That said, Julia Garner's performance as Ruth was outstanding throughout -- one of my favorites for any show I've watched. And the visual images and costuming in her final scene were striking.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #832 on: February 01, 2023, 02:40:17 PM »
I've started watching The Good Place. Again. I still love that show.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #833 on: February 01, 2023, 02:46:41 PM »
Wow ... hatin' on Ozark. I thought Jason Bateman was Emmy-worthy in the final season, and Julia Garner is fantastic. Also liked most of the "bad guys," even though some ended up being slightly-less-bad guys. But sure, some of the plotlines dragged on and there were many things that were impossible to believe. In other words ... a TV show.

Just goes to show that every series, even highly acclaimed ones, aren't for everyone. For example, I got nothing out of the first season of White Lotus so didn't even bother watching S2.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #834 on: February 01, 2023, 03:01:52 PM »
I really hope so.  Can't see the second game being reasonably done in 10 episodes

Marzin did an interview recently where he essentially said that the second game was too big and too complicated to do in one season. Hopefully this means they are planning on doing three season total.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #835 on: February 01, 2023, 03:43:30 PM »
Agreed. Ozark was one of those series that I finished largely because I'd already invested so much time that it seemed silly not to. That said, Julia Garner's performance as Ruth was outstanding throughout -- one of my favorites for any show I've watched. And the visual images and costuming in her final scene were striking.

Yup and yup.

It's crazy to hear her in interviews and realize she doesn't have an accent.  Same with Idris Elba in The Wire, and even Dominic West in The Wire.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #836 on: February 01, 2023, 04:37:47 PM »
Yup and yup.

It's crazy to hear her in interviews and realize she doesn't have an accent.  Same with Idris Elba in The Wire, and even Dominic West in The Wire.

Not even just that she doesn't have an accent, but that she's from Riverdale and went to school in Greenwich.

The Wire is kind of hilarious in that its a gritty tale about police and crime in Baltimore had 3-4 Brits in the main cast, plus another Irishman once Carcetti came around.  And the Baltimore born and bred actor who played Lt Daniels was a Yale grad and Bunk is Julliard trained.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #837 on: February 01, 2023, 11:40:58 PM »
Yup and yup.

Yup, yup and yup.

Ozark writing fell off after season 2. It became a chore to watch sadly because of the performances.

Laura Linney isn’t good.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #838 on: February 02, 2023, 07:10:13 AM »
I also started watching TLOU last week. It’s good. Well done and really good performances. I know absolutely nothing about the game, so for me it’s really just going to need to stand in its own as a post-apocalyptic zombie show. Unless, of course, it’s more than that. Which brings me to E3 which I watched last night and…we’ll…it was “more than that.” Good episode of television. Since I know nothing of the game, I’m just getting to know these characters which is why I need to ask, “Are we not going to talk about what Ellie did in that basement space?! WTF?!”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #839 on: February 02, 2023, 09:33:23 AM »
I also started watching TLOU last week. It’s good. Well done and really good performances. I know absolutely nothing about the game, so for me it’s really just going to need to stand in its own as a post-apocalyptic zombie show. Unless, of course, it’s more than that. Which brings me to E3 which I watched last night and…we’ll…it was “more than that.” Good episode of television. Since I know nothing of the game, I’m just getting to know these characters which is why I need to ask, “Are we not going to talk about what Ellie did in that basement space?! WTF?!”

Like you, I'm just enjoying the series for what it is. I hope I don't accidentally run across too many spoilers from those who are well-versed in the video game. It's kind of like GoT, as I knew a lot of people who read the books and constantly wanted to talk about what was gonna happen. I liked that I was effen stunned when lead characters got whacked; I wouldn't have wanted to know in advance.

Yeah, that was quite a scene. She did it with such detachment. Bella Ramsey is a really talented young actress -- loved her in her more limited role as Lady Mormont, and she's outstanding with more to do here. The writers give her a lot to work with, too -- she gets some of the best lines.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #840 on: February 02, 2023, 10:35:19 PM »
Chilkis has a new show on Fox starting in January, Accused.   Lots of other good actors, looks good.

Wow, this series is terrible.   

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #841 on: February 03, 2023, 08:24:26 AM »
Wow, this series is terrible.
That's usually the case nowadays for Fox, NBC, ABC and CBS, IMO

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #842 on: February 03, 2023, 10:57:46 AM »
That's usually the case nowadays for Fox, NBC, ABC and CBS, IMO

I honestly have ZERO interest in network dramas anymore.  Once premium cable started excelling, and even furthermore once streaming services took hold, I lost most of my interest.  Beyond the lack of original ideas (crazy to think you can make a show thats not about lawyers, law enforcement, or medical professionals!), I much prefer a show that has swearing.  As funny as it sounds, its just far more authentic.  Watch any good show on HBO, Netflix, or even AMC/FX, and then watch a show on NBC or Fox and it feels like watching an edited movie on a plane at best.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #843 on: February 03, 2023, 12:36:09 PM »
I honestly have ZERO interest in network dramas anymore.  Once premium cable started excelling, and even furthermore once streaming services took hold, I lost most of my interest.  Beyond the lack of original ideas (crazy to think you can make a show thats not about lawyers, law enforcement, or medical professionals!), I much prefer a show that has swearing.  As funny as it sounds, its just far more authentic.  Watch any good show on HBO, Netflix, or even AMC/FX, and then watch a show on NBC or Fox and it feels like watching an edited movie on a plane at best.

Outside of thr Blacklist (which has strongly dropped in quality), I completely agree with you.

Accused has some great actors, and thought it would be an exception, but alas.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #844 on: February 03, 2023, 03:40:36 PM »
Knocked off a couple of episode of Tulsa King last night.  Good entertainment.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #845 on: February 03, 2023, 05:02:34 PM »
Knocked off a couple of episode of Tulsa King last night.  Good entertainment.

I think so as well.  Dame Lawrence, however, cannot get past her dislike of Sylvester Stallone. 
Ludum habemus.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #846 on: February 06, 2023, 11:16:21 AM »
Really liked TLOU episode 4.  My only real concern at this point is that they're done with 4/9 episodes and there's still A LOT that has to happen.  Sincerely hope that nothing gets scrapped/no corners cut.  Think there's a real possibility that the last 1-2 are both 90 min+.  Also, I know that it won't resonate the same with all viewers, but I loved that Jeffrey Pierce is in it, and that both Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker will be in later episodes.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #847 on: February 06, 2023, 03:48:07 PM »
Anybody watching "Poker Face" on Peacock?
Natasha Lyonne is a treasure, but two episodes in everything else about it is fairly run-of-the-mill.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #848 on: February 06, 2023, 04:46:57 PM »
Anybody watching "Poker Face" on Peacock?
Natasha Lyonne is a treasure, but two episodes in everything else about it is fairly run-of-the-mill.

Ive not yet, but even though I agree with you about Lyonne, everything from the premise to the trailer seemed pretty been there done that.  Didn't draw me in much at all.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #849 on: February 06, 2023, 04:50:19 PM »
Ive not yet, but even though I agree with you about Lyonne, everything from the premise to the trailer seemed pretty been there done that.  Didn't draw me in much at all.

Wait until Zombies of Yellowstone comes out
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

feedback