[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by Daniel
[Today at 07:04:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: "Catholic Knights" Building For Sale  (Read 12025 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: "Catholic Knights" Building For Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 11:58:57 AM »
While British Knights was the more popular shoe, I always rooted for Catholic Knights as the hometown brand.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 12:07:59 PM »
Anyone ever live there?  I had a friend who had a 1BR there for a year.  Great view, dump of an apartment more or less.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 12:08:23 PM »
I would guess that they have already reached out to Marquette and they declined at this time.  Actually not sure what they would do with it.  I'm pretty sure Aurora owns the vacant lot just across Wells St. from the AL so I don't think there is any adjoining property.  Would they have use for the Tower Apartments that occupy the upper portion?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 12:25:04 PM »
I would guess that they have already reached out to Marquette and they declined at this time.  Actually not sure what they would do with it.  I'm pretty sure Aurora owns the vacant lot just across Wells St. from the AL so I don't think there is any adjoining property.  Would they have use for the Tower Apartments that occupy the upper portion?

The demand for upper class apartments outstrips the supply. They would be full in a New York minute.
Have some patience, FFS.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 12:32:19 PM »
The demand for upper class apartments outstrips the supply. They would be full in a New York minute.

Gotcha.  Then this may be a good idea.  They could either use or lease out the office space below.  Provided the building is in decent shape.

However they would know how to crunch the numbers more than I would.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 12:54:33 PM »
Anyone ever live there?  I had a friend who had a 1BR there for a year.  Great view, dump of an apartment more or less.

I have known several mid- and upper-level professionals who have lived there, and they are the kind of people I wouldn't think would live in "a dump".

Maybe your friend just had one of the least desirable units. Or maybe it's just your friend's living habits.
Have some patience, FFS.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 12:57:10 PM »
I lived there for a year. I wouldn’t call it a dump. It seemed pretty comparable to other apartments I lived in after undergrad.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2021, 12:58:46 PM »
Gotcha.  Then this may be a good idea.  They could either use or lease out the office space below.  Provided the building is in decent shape.

However they would know how to crunch the numbers more than I would.

I should have said "on-campus" apartments. There are plenty of parents whose children are too precious to live out in the neighborhood.

I saw a post recently in which a parent asked for recommendations for a "safe" shopping center for their kid to buy some clothes. The kid is a 20 year old man.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 01:09:24 PM »
I mean, I could start a gofundme to turn it into the MUScoop building...But I've been too busy designing a dirt bike track for the MUScoop yacht.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 01:21:06 PM »
I mean, I could start a gofundme to turn it into the MUScoop building...But I've been too busy designing a dirt bike track for the MUScoop yacht.

Hang a banner and open an Arby's in the lobby.

Uncle Rico

• All American
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2021, 02:46:09 PM »
Open a store to sell walking boots.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2021, 04:01:42 PM »
Acquiring this building would be a sound long term investment for MU. It is really a no brainer. I am sure they will have to pay a premium given the market dynamics. However ; any time the University can acquire adjacent property it should take advantage of the opportunity. It can figure out what to do with it later.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2021, 05:17:40 PM »
back in the good ole days, it was a pretty nice place.  friend of mine lived on 10th floor.  nice view, pool up top.  i tended bar in both JJ garlics and houstons, both pretty decent restaurants on the first floor.  met some very interesting people including lloyd walton, gerald boyle, and don nelson. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2021, 06:13:41 PM »
They could build a football field on-campus basketball arena there
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2021, 06:15:27 PM »

Gofundme? Where the hell are all the Scoop dues going?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2021, 06:23:04 PM »
I should have said "on-campus" apartments. There are plenty of parents whose children are too precious to live out in the neighborhood.

I saw a post recently in which a parent asked for recommendations for a "safe" shopping center for their kid to buy some clothes. The kid is a 20 year old man.

These are legit questions that any concerned parent would raise. Not all crimes are reported. The west end of campus has had several armed robberies of students in the middle of the afternoon. MU needs to step up their safety measures before its too late. What do other universities, who are in crime ridden areas, do? Blue light phones and video cameras aren't going to be a deterrent. How many here are willing to drop $60k/year to have your son or daughter basically live in the hood, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2021, 06:27:50 PM »
Gofundme? Where the hell are all the Scoop dues going?

"designing a dirt bike track for the MUScoop yacht"

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2021, 06:54:27 PM »
It's like he didn't even read your post.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2021, 07:53:22 PM »
There are a lot of people who fall in that category.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2021, 08:22:35 PM »
There are a lot of people who fall in that category.

Hah, I think for at least 65%, muscoop is write-only!

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2021, 08:42:38 PM »

These are legit questions that any concerned parent would raise. Not all crimes are reported. The west end of campus has had several armed robberies of students in the middle of the afternoon. MU needs to step up their safety measures before its too late. What do other universities, who are in crime ridden areas, do? Blue light phones and video cameras aren't going to be a deterrent. How many here are willing to drop $60k/year to have your son or daughter basically live in the hood, hey?

Over the top. Marquette’s neighborhood is miles better than when I was a student.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2021, 12:05:21 AM »

"the hood." Your non-dribble act is funnier than your dribble act.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2021, 03:51:09 AM »
Boychick, dis iz my hometown. Lived heer my entire life. Itz knot yo father's MKE any moore. It ain't know grassy knoll quad. Itz da hood. Check out da crime stats bye zip code. DiUlio wuz write. Klose off da Ave. and put up a 20 ft. fence 'round campus, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"