[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Waukesha Christmas Parade  (Read 22079 times)

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
Re: Waukesha Christmas Parade
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2021, 10:29:40 AM »
A family friend had 2 kids injured.  Both are OK, but lucky.

Glad they are ok.  Hope they do ok after this - I'm sure it had to be very traumatizing.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2021, 11:27:26 AM »
If this guy is in fact responsible for this disgusting act it's mindboggling he was out on bail.  His rap sheet is beyond belief and I just heard he got out on $1000 bail a few days ago?  WTF? 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 11:33:21 AM by MuggsyB »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2021, 11:29:31 AM »
A family friend had 2 kids injured.  Both are OK, but lucky.

Sorry to hear that Ziggy.  I certainly hope they get the support they need moving forward.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2021, 11:31:45 AM »
The suspect in the Waukesha Christmas parade incident was charged with running over a woman in Milwaukee less than three weeks ago.

What a piece of human garbage.
Have some patience, FFS.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2021, 11:37:25 AM »
The suspect in the Waukesha Christmas parade incident was charged with running over a woman in Milwaukee less than three weeks ago.

That's the domestic abuse charge from November 5th?

No joke, the dude and his car were in a music video he made under his stage name MathBoi Fly - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_OFO20Xu0A

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2021, 11:39:52 AM »

Time to go after the DA here for letting someone like this back on the streets.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2021, 11:40:27 AM »
9 kids currently in ICU at Children’s (6 critical, 3 serious) ranging between the ages of 3-16.

Absolute monster.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2021, 11:41:11 AM »

No joke, the dude and his car were in a music video he made under his stage name MathBoi Fly - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_OFO20Xu0A

Bunch of shots inside the Fiserv Forum parking garage in that video.  This can't be good for recruiting

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2021, 11:41:34 AM »

Yes.
Have some patience, FFS.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2021, 11:43:24 AM »
Time to go after the DA here for letting someone like this back on the streets.

Judges typically set bond (yes, with input from the DA... or more likely a young ADA who drew the assignment of doing 25 bond hearings that morning)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2021, 11:44:29 AM »
Judges typically set bond (yes, with input from the DA... or more likely a young ADA who drew the assignment of doing 25 bond hearings that morning)

Who apparently didn't notice or didn't care that the guy has jumped bail before.
Have some patience, FFS.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2021, 11:53:49 AM »
Who apparently didn't notice or didn't care that the guy has jumped bail before.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I didn't agree with the central premise of "perhaps we should critically examine the way bond/bail is set generally as well as to determine why it was set the way it was in this specific instance and also to hold accountable those involved in setting the bond in this case."

I was just trying to ensure that the judge felt some heat too.

My bad.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2021, 11:58:26 AM »
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I didn't agree with the central premise of "perhaps we should critically examine the way bond/bail is set generally as well as to determine why it was set the way it was in this specific instance and also to hold accountable those involved in setting the bond in this case."

I was just trying to ensure that the judge felt some heat too.

My bad.

Chill.  We are apparently on the same side on this.

I was just adding some additional information.
Have some patience, FFS.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2021, 12:04:43 PM »
The recent $1,000 bail recommended by prosecutors, and accepted by the court commissioner, was "inappropriately low" given the nature of the charges, according to a statement Monday from the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office, led by District Attorney John Chisholm.
The bail also was not consistent with the office's approach to cases "involving violent crime, nor was it consistent with the risk assessment of the defendant prior to setting of bail," the statement read.
"This office is currently conducting an internal review of the decision to make the recent bail recommendation in this matter in order to determine the appropriate next steps."

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2021/11/22/suspect-waukesha-parade-incident-identified-darrell-brooks-jr/8717524002/

All that said, $1,000 is pretty standard for a misdemeanor domestic battery, but I don't know if this particular case was charged as a misdemeanor or felony. If it's the former, I'm more troubled by that than the bond amount.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2021, 12:13:15 PM »
The recent $1,000 bail recommended by prosecutors, and accepted by the court commissioner, was "inappropriately low" given the nature of the charges, according to a statement Monday from the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office, led by District Attorney John Chisholm.
The bail also was not consistent with the office's approach to cases "involving violent crime, nor was it consistent with the risk assessment of the defendant prior to setting of bail," the statement read.
"This office is currently conducting an internal review of the decision to make the recent bail recommendation in this matter in order to determine the appropriate next steps."

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2021/11/22/suspect-waukesha-parade-incident-identified-darrell-brooks-jr/8717524002/

All that said, $1,000 is pretty standard for a misdemeanor domestic battery, but I don't know if this particular case was charged as a misdemeanor or felony. If it's the former, I'm more troubled by that than the bond amount.

It may be slightly political because that's how it works these days, but I prefer when judges either lock-em-up or not decisions over bonds. $1k, $10k, or $100k bonds are very cheap for a lot of people, and prohibitive for a segment of society. If we think an accused person is dangerous, then lock them up. No bond for anyone.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2021, 01:36:00 PM »
Prayers to the victims and families.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2021, 01:40:44 PM »
It may be slightly political because that's how it works these days, but I prefer when judges either lock-em-up or not decisions over bonds. $1k, $10k, or $100k bonds are very cheap for a lot of people, and prohibitive for a segment of society. If we think an accused person is dangerous, then lock them up. No bond for anyone.

These are exactly the kind of people who need to be locked up - violent felons. And they need to be locked up for a long time. With for-profit prisons proliferating, we have so many people in prison who do not need to be there.

Prisons shouldn't be for people we don't like or approve of. They should be filled with people that deserve time - people that we are scared of as a society.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2021, 01:41:49 PM »
These are exactly the kind of people who need to be locked up - violent felons. And they need to be locked up for a long time. With for-profit prisons proliferating, we have so many people in prison who do not need to be there.

Prisons shouldn't be for people we don't like or approve of. They should be filled with people that deserve time - people that we are scared of as a society.

Bail has nothing to do with prison.

Prison is where you go after you've been convicted.

Jail is where you go after you've been arrested and before you've been convicted (unless you post bail/bond).

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2021, 01:42:15 PM »
I just watched the press conference.  New official information:

The suspect was fleeing from a domestic incident.  The police were called, but did not make it to the scene before the suspect fled in his vehicle.  There was not an active pursuit in progress when the suspect went around traffic barriers and another police car to enter the parade route.

Five fatalities so far aged 52-82.  48 total victims so far.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 01:44:36 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2021, 02:40:49 PM »

The Illinois legislature voted to eliminate cash bond for this reason. Filling jails with nonviolent offenders simply because they can't afford bail makes no sense, and creates space/staffing issues that make it more difficult to detain the people who shouldn't be free.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2021, 02:43:49 PM »
warriorchick

It sure sounded like he had decided to the join the parade route and got himself in and went towards police, not away from them. I really do not know why they keep mentioning an earlier domestic dispute, it seems like this guy had a daily domestic dispute.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2021, 03:06:29 PM »
I just watched the press conference.  New official information:

The suspect was fleeing from a domestic incident.  The police were called, but did not make it to the scene before the suspect fled in his vehicle.  There was not an active pursuit in progress when the suspect went around traffic barriers and another police car to enter the parade route.

Five fatalities so far aged 52-82.  48 total victims so far.

3 sets of siblings in Children's hospital right now :( - I really feel for those families. 

Just an awful situation all around :(

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2021, 03:09:40 PM »
warriorchick

It sure sounded like he had decided to the join the parade route and got himself in and went towards police, not away from them. I really do not know why they keep mentioning an earlier domestic dispute, it seems like this guy had a daily domestic dispute.

I am guessing because it had already been reported on news sites that police had been called to the dispute, and he wanted to clarify that the police did not chase him onto the parade route.
Have some patience, FFS.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2021, 03:14:05 PM »
warriorchick

Most likely an attempt to move the attention away from the suspect’s true motive, which will probably never be formally revealed unfortunately. It also seems like a weak attempt at creating a narrative that police were currently in pursuit of the suspect and should shoulder some of the responsibility for the tragedy.

It’s a heartbreaking situation though. Really hoping those people currently in the hospital make a full recovery.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2021, 03:25:25 PM »
Most likely an attempt to move the attention away from the suspect’s true motive, which will probably never be formally revealed unfortunately. It also seems like a weak attempt at creating a narrative that police were currently in pursuit of the suspect and should shoulder some of the responsibility for the tragedy.

The woke Waukesha Police Department is hiding the truth and putting out false information as part of a conspiracy to blame ... the police?
Some people are sad the narrative isn't the one they were hoping for, I guess.