[Today at 09:40:38 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU82
[Today at 08:02:41 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Waukesha Christmas Parade  (Read 22426 times)

jficke13

• All American
Re: Waukesha Christmas Parade
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2021, 03:42:30 PM »
Most likely an attempt to move the attention away from the suspect’s true motive, which will probably never be formally revealed unfortunately. It also seems like a weak attempt at creating a narrative that police were currently in pursuit of the suspect and should shoulder some of the responsibility for the tragedy.

It’s a heartbreaking situation though. Really hoping those people currently in the hospital make a full recovery.

pray tell, what do you hope that motive truly is?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2021, 05:38:13 PM »
Pakuni

I have no idea what the motive was, but he made a conscious effort to enter the parade route. He is someone who has a history of making horrible decisions and I do not believe he was fleeing a previous dispute. That said, regardless of reason, it appears that he intended to cause harm.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2021, 05:47:30 PM »
Pakuni

I have no idea what the motive was, but he made a conscious effort to enter the parade route. He is someone who has a history of making horrible decisions and I do not believe he was fleeing a previous dispute. That said, regardless of reason, it appears that he intended to cause harm.

Do you believe police are lying about him fleeing a previous dispute or are simply incompetent?

thomaskyle

• Walk-On
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2021, 05:59:52 PM »
Do you believe police are lying about him fleeing a previous dispute or are simply incompetent?
I watched the press conference
He was fleeing but NOT being chased.
Also they stated this was intentional.  He has been charged as such.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2021, 06:02:33 PM »
I watched the press conference
He was fleeing but NOT being chased.
Also they stated this was intentional.  He has been charged as such.

Some here seem to believe this is not true.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2021, 06:05:08 PM »

I think we need a definition of "fleeing" here. It sounds as if he was not being pursued by the police. Was he being chased by someone else, or just getting away? Why would he take that route instead of a straight route to 94?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Goose

• All American
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2021, 06:13:38 PM »
Pakuni

Fleeing to me is making a run for it and far better routes to take than the parade. Stating he was fleeing seems to take away the decision making and intent behind the tragedy. Bad guys flee all the time, most do not intentionally enter a parade and run people over.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2021, 06:18:01 PM »
He could have been running from the original dispute and for some reason then decided to careen down the parade route. The two are not mutually exclusive..

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2021, 06:19:13 PM »
The woke Waukesha Police Department is hiding the truth and putting out false information as part of a conspiracy to blame ... the police?
Some people are sad the narrative isn't the one they were hoping for, I guess.

I assumed the poster I was responding to was referring to the news outlets who headlined the “fleeing” aspect of the situation above everything else, not the police. Apologies for the confusion.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2021, 06:26:29 PM »
Most idiots that are fleeing are trying to avoid the police, not run into them. I have never heard of someone fleeing trying to get caught.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 06:28:06 PM by Goose »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2021, 06:32:37 PM »
Maybe you guys should take this up with the cops. Maybe you know things they don't?

The driver of an SUV that hurtled through a barricade and slammed into a Christmas parade in a suburban community on Sunday was fleeing from a domestic disturbance moments before he killed at least five people and injured more than 40, police said.
Waukesha Police Chief Dan Thompson said Monday that Darrell Brooks Jr., 39, was fleeing a domestic disturbance with a report of a knife when he rammed into the parade. Brooks was not being chased, Thompson said. He will be charged with five counts of intentional homicide, Thompson added.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/22/waukesha-wisconsin-christmas-parade-updates/8716684002/

As for why he chose that route ... I don't know. He's obviously a terrible person who has a long record of showing little regard for his fellow humans. That might be all there is to it.
I understand, truly, the very normal, very human need to make sense of awful things like this. It's way easier to accept that this was a planned, terroristic act than some random awfulness. But as is often the case, these things aren't always easily be explained.
Why did Adam Lanza decide to go kill a classroom full of little kids?
Why did Stephen Paddock fire 1,100 shots into a crowd of people at a concert?
Why did James Holmes walk into a movie theater and shoot dozens of people?
Sometimes these things make no sense. Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 06:34:59 PM by Pakuni »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2021, 06:42:09 PM »
Pakuni

I don’t think this was a planned terrorist attack but not accepting that he was fleeing and made a wrong turn. I have zero idea on his motive, only question that he was fleeing and got lost.

I have no idea why he did this and I am sad over the events. Aside from my friend’s grandson being hit, my son’s mother in law lost a dear friend in this tragedy.

I’m not going to apologize for being troubled by the use of the word he was fleeing. Again, by my definition fleeing is trying to avoid capture, not running to be captured.

To be clear, like all tragedies, this is a bad person doing unthinkable things. I feel the same feelings every time innocent people are taken from their families.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2021, 06:51:56 PM »
In seeing the go fund me pages for some of the kids hurt yesterday, it looks like a number of them suffered brain injuries/trauma :( .  That's not surprising based on what happened but still hard to read.  Hoping for the best for recovery for all the injured.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2021, 06:58:35 PM »
Pakuni

I don’t think this was a planned terrorist attack but not accepting that he was fleeing and made a wrong turn. I have zero idea on his motive, only question that he was fleeing and got lost.

I have no idea why he did this and I am sad over the events. Aside from my friend’s grandson being hit, my son’s mother in law lost a dear friend in this tragedy.

I’m not going to apologize for being troubled by the use of the word he was fleeing. Again, by my definition fleeing is trying to avoid capture, not running to be captured.

To be clear, like all tragedies, this is a bad person doing unthinkable things. I feel the same feelings every time innocent people are taken from their families.

Goose,

You're entirely correct. There's nothing logical about a fleeing man driving into a crowd, where surely he'll be seen and captured.
Where we disagree is on your insistence that this man was acting with some degree of logic or rational thought. I think we've seen time and again that that's often not the case when things like this happen.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2021, 06:58:50 PM »
I think we need a definition of "fleeing" here. It sounds as if he was not being pursued by the police. Was he being chased by someone else, or just getting away? Why would he take that route instead of a straight route to 94?

Downtown Waukesha can be confusing.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2021, 07:02:25 PM »
Sad.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 07:12:50 PM by TedBaxter »
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Goose

• All American
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2021, 07:09:29 PM »
Pakuni

I have no idea if it was rational or logical thinking in his part. Only know that he avoided police where entered and did not stop when shot at. Bad people do thinks that I cannot imagine and thankfully cannot imagine. But, I am not going to give benefit of the doubt to a bad guy.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2021, 07:12:43 PM »

I ended up in Mukwanago leaving downtown Waukesha when I was in high school, so yes.

The police report doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.  But I don’t know if this guy was all hopped up on something along with fleeing from a crime or what. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2021, 07:15:30 PM »
Downtown Waukesha is beyond confusing. Aside from two of my kids going to school there, I have stepped foot there under five times in my life and I live 10-12 miles from there.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2021, 07:36:18 PM »
Maybe you guys should take this up with the cops. Maybe you know things they don't?

The driver of an SUV that hurtled through a barricade and slammed into a Christmas parade in a suburban community on Sunday was fleeing from a domestic disturbance moments before he killed at least five people and injured more than 40, police said.
Waukesha Police Chief Dan Thompson said Monday that Darrell Brooks Jr., 39, was fleeing a domestic disturbance with a report of a knife when he rammed into the parade. Brooks was not being chased, Thompson said. He will be charged with five counts of intentional homicide, Thompson added.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/22/waukesha-wisconsin-christmas-parade-updates/8716684002/

As for why he chose that route ... I don't know. He's obviously a terrible person who has a long record of showing little regard for his fellow humans. That might be all there is to it.
I understand, truly, the very normal, very human need to make sense of awful things like this. It's way easier to accept that this was a planned, terroristic act than some random awfulness. But as is often the case, these things aren't always easily be explained.
Why did Adam Lanza decide to go kill a classroom full of little kids?
Why did Stephen Paddock fire 1,100 shots into a crowd of people at a concert?
Why did James Holmes walk into a movie theater and shoot dozens of people?
Sometimes these things make no sense. Sorry.

All the examples you provided were premeditated acts of evil that were planned out. In this case there seems to be an inference that since he was 'fleeing' another crime, this was a spur of the moment decision. I can't think of another example where the perpetrator of a mass killing of random people decided to do it moments before committing the act.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2021, 07:58:44 PM »

I was thinking this, too. Guy is from MKE, goes to Waukesha, DV dispute, cops called, he “flees”, has no clue where he is going, runs into a parade route, panics, appears to try and miss some people while he also appears to intentionally run over people, panics. He is a terrible human who did a disgusting act, could be terrorism, could be stupidity, could be both. Complete tragedy, that is not in question.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2021, 08:01:04 PM »
I was thinking this, too. Guy is from MKE, goes to Waukesha, DV dispute, cops called, he “flees”, has no clue where he is going, runs into a parade route, panics, appears to try and miss some people while he also appears to intentionally run over people, panics. He is a terrible human who did a disgusting act, could be terrorism, could be stupidity, could be both. Complete tragedy, that is not in question.

But no police were chasing him as far as I know?  Correct?  Also if you are fleeing Milwaukee how do you end up in downtown Waukesha? 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 08:04:01 PM by MuggsyB »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2021, 08:03:47 PM »
But no police were chasing him as far as I know?  Correct?

According to the police, they had been notified about the domestic disturbance and were en route to the location.  He fled the scene before they got there.  They did not chase him.
Have some patience, FFS.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2021, 08:53:07 PM »
A nice article on the victims, specifically one of the Dancing Grannies

https://www.nytimes.com/article/waukesha-parade-victims.html

🏀

• All American
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2021, 09:21:21 PM »
Should've tried blending in with the parade crowd if he was really "fleeing", right?

Worked for Dr. Kimble in Chicago back in the 90's.

The guy's a scumbag, quit trying to make this into another race issue. Scumbags come in all colors.

feedback