[Today at 05:39:36 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Waukesha Christmas Parade  (Read 22397 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Waukesha Christmas Parade
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2021, 10:14:15 PM »
In seeing the go fund me pages for some of the kids hurt yesterday, it looks like a number of them suffered brain injuries/trauma :( .  That's not surprising based on what happened but still hard to read.  Hoping for the best for recovery for all the injured.

Sadly this is true.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2021, 10:28:53 PM »
Horrible.  I hope Marquette and the Bucks do all they can to help the families and those suffering. 

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2021, 10:44:10 PM »
A nice article on the victims, specifically one of the Dancing Grannies

https://www.nytimes.com/article/waukesha-parade-victims.html

Tamara Durand was in her first performance with the Dancing Grannies :(.  I've taken my kids to this parade for many years and I always remember the Dancing Grannies - they always seemed to love what they do.

My daughters and I went to the Vigil Service at Cutler Park tonight - lots of people there.  Sad that there was a need for that but it was a nice service.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2021, 12:14:49 AM »
Pakuni

These are your examples of someone deciding to run people over on a whim? Boozeman is spot on that the other cowards did not decide at the last minute to commit mass murder and they were not good comparisons to the parade incident. I think the links you shared are reaching quite a bit.

Again, I have no idea if he planned this out weeks ago or at the time he entered the parade route. But, I do maintain that I do not think he made a wrong turn while fleeing.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2021, 01:08:06 AM »
Pakuni

These are your examples of someone deciding to run people over on a whim? Boozeman is spot on that the other cowards did not decide at the last minute to commit mass murder and they were not good comparisons to the parade incident. I think the links you shared are reaching quite a bit.

Again, I have no idea if he planned this out weeks ago or at the time he entered the parade route. But, I do maintain that I do not think he made a wrong turn while fleeing.

Goose:

Leave it to that lunatic poster to try to excuse/whatabout this away.  Twisted individual. Character Revealed indeed.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2021, 06:51:35 AM »
It doesn’t matter what you think about the driver’s motive. What it actually was will unfold as more evidence is established—at this stage, it’s just speculation that distracts from the larger tragedy. Not worth getting ruffled over.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2021, 06:56:26 AM »
Eye witness accounts state that he had a look in his eye of focusing on people and maneuvering not to avoid, but to hit them.  If he just happened upon this parade mistakenly, there would have been some attempt at avoidance and exit at earliest convenience.

Here, he created mass havoc, to say the least, drew more attention to himself and then exited. Oh, and by the way, he seemed to have a problem with cars and using them as weapons against his adversaries…case in point- one of the charges he was most recently up for and bailed out on
don't...don't don't don't don't

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2021, 07:02:04 AM »

Goose

Who here said he made a wrong turn while fleeing?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2021, 07:16:58 AM »
Goose:

Leave it to that lunatic poster to try to excuse/whatabout this away.  Twisted individual. Character Revealed indeed.

I'd call you intellectually dishonest here, but that would wrongly imply you have any intellect.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2021, 07:32:54 AM »
Pakuni

Let’s agree to disagree. I have no agenda on my posts, only stating how I feel. Regardless of motive, it was a horrible situation that stole lives and caused long term damage to families. I doubt if we will ever know the whole story and hopefully he will be punished far harsher than his bail was for previous crimes.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2021, 08:40:33 AM »
Pakuni

Let’s agree to disagree. I have no agenda on my posts, only stating how I feel. Regardless of motive, it was a horrible situation that stole lives and caused long term damage to families. I doubt if we will ever know the whole story and hopefully he will be punished far harsher than his bail was for previous crimes.

Goose

I'm not entirely sure what you think we disagree about, but I agree with everything you wrote above.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2021, 09:12:28 AM »
Is there a difference whether someone thought about it the previous week to mow people down with their vehicle and then carry it out or if they see people and decide to drive into them spur of the moment?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2021, 09:23:38 AM »
Goose

I'm not entirely sure what you think we disagree about, but I agree with everything you wrote above.

What started this all was CountryRoads' assertion that we will never know the suspect's true intention.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2021, 09:31:59 AM »
What started this all was CountryRoads' assertion that we will never know the suspect's true intention.

His assertion was that Waukesha police were covering up the truth and for some reason attempting to shift the blame on other police.

He wrote:
Most likely an attempt to move the attention away from the suspect’s true motive, which will probably never be formally revealed unfortunately. It also seems like a weak attempt at creating a narrative that police were currently in pursuit of the suspect and should shoulder some of the responsibility for the tragedy.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2021, 10:00:04 AM »
Is there a difference whether someone thought about it the previous week to mow people down with their vehicle and then carry it out or if they see people and decide to drive into them spur of the moment?

Fundamentally no.  Legally there is a likely difference between first and second degree murder, but he will be in prison for the rest of his life regardless of the charge.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2021, 11:37:25 AM »
It is a tragedy.   Thoughts and prayers to all involved, all who have lost, all who have a long recovery in front of them and to their families and friends.     It just plain sucks.   

These really can't be prevented.    Bad people do bad things.    Drunk people do drunk things.   Careless people do careless things.   Angry people do angry things.     Looking from the outside, a person with a long history of anti-social behavior made yet another in a long series of bad, hurtful choices.     Lock him up.    Melt the key.   

Looking at it from a first responder perspective, the challenge now is what lessons can be learned and how can responses be improved?    We (first responders) take it as a matter of faith that eventually the roulette wheel is going to land on you and your community.    The mass shootings, school shootings, riots, drunks driving into crowds, guy off his meds taking revenge on all of his ex girlfriends and their families in one day (hand raised over here)..... eventually the bad finds you.     How are you going to manage it?      This is why I defend the police (and not defund).

Can it all be prevented?   Never.    But you definitely want people in your community who have game planned, table topped, practiced for it.     And you want those people to be able to learn from their mistakes and the mistakes of others in order to perform their duties better when the alarms go off.     So, if you want to do something productive, contact your first responders.    Ask them about their preparations.     And if you really want to go the extra mile, ask how you can help.     

I grieve for the families and friends of the Waukesha victims.    As should we all.     But there will be another disaster/catastrophe next week/month.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2021, 11:47:42 AM »
His assertion was that Waukesha police were covering up the truth and for some reason attempting to shift the blame on other police.

He wrote:
Most likely an attempt to move the attention away from the suspect’s true motive, which will probably never be formally revealed unfortunately. It also seems like a weak attempt at creating a narrative that police were currently in pursuit of the suspect and should shoulder some of the responsibility for the tragedy.

I don’t know how you conclude that from what I wrote. I even clarified in a separate post and apologized for causing a stir about it. That was like a day ago, so I’m not sure why it’s still being discussed. I haven’t read the posts in this thread since then.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2021, 12:00:20 PM »
I don’t know how you conclude that from what I wrote. I even clarified in a separate post and apologized for causing a stir about it. That was like a day ago, so I’m not sure why it’s still being discussed. I haven’t read the posts in this thread since then.

Apologies if I misinterpreted your post, but it says what it says.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2021, 02:51:54 PM »
It is a tragedy.   Thoughts and prayers to all involved, all who have lost, all who have a long recovery in front of them and to their families and friends.     It just plain sucks.   

These really can't be prevented.    Bad people do bad things.    Drunk people do drunk things.   Careless people do careless things.   Angry people do angry things.     Looking from the outside, a person with a long history of anti-social behavior made yet another in a long series of bad, hurtful choices.     Lock him up.    Melt the key.   

Looking at it from a first responder perspective, the challenge now is what lessons can be learned and how can responses be improved?    We (first responders) take it as a matter of faith that eventually the roulette wheel is going to land on you and your community.    The mass shootings, school shootings, riots, drunks driving into crowds, guy off his meds taking revenge on all of his ex girlfriends and their families in one day (hand raised over here)..... eventually the bad finds you.     How are you going to manage it?      This is why I defend the police (and not defund).

Can it all be prevented?   Never.    But you definitely want people in your community who have game planned, table topped, practiced for it.     And you want those people to be able to learn from their mistakes and the mistakes of others in order to perform their duties better when the alarms go off.     So, if you want to do something productive, contact your first responders.    Ask them about their preparations.     And if you really want to go the extra mile, ask how you can help.     

I grieve for the families and friends of the Waukesha victims.    As should we all.     But there will be another disaster/catastrophe next week/month.   

The issue is not with the first responders. It is the DAs that let these folks back out on the street. From what I can tell only 4 people have been charged with arson during the Kenosha riots, none for causing the fires at the used car lots. If I am wrong about that please enlighten me.

Even high end retail outlets are now being robbed in broad daylight in San Francisco. How a larger police presence is going to prevent this is absurd if the DA won't prosecute thefts under 1K.

https://abc7news.com/sf-looting-union-square-crime-san-francisco-louis-vuitton-looted-robbed/11263563/

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2021, 03:05:06 PM »
The issue is not with the first responders. It is the DAs that let these folks back out on the street. From what I can tell only 4 people have been charged with arson during the Kenosha riots, none for causing the fires at the used car lots. If I am wrong about that please enlighten me.

Even high end retail outlets are now being robbed in broad daylight in San Francisco. How a larger police presence is going to prevent this is absurd if the DA won't prosecute thefts under 1K.

https://abc7news.com/sf-looting-union-square-crime-san-francisco-louis-vuitton-looted-robbed/11263563/

The DA is prosecuting thefts under 1K.  Where do you get this?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2021, 03:09:11 PM »

Chicago has Streets & Sanitation involved in all major events now. Having lived by Grant Park for a few years, they marshall the plows/garbage/salt trucks to block the streets for marathons & festivals where there are tons of people on the major streets.

It's hard to know what prevention measures are overkill and which aren't, but parking a truck in a new spot to block a road for a few hours seems like a small investment... Not that it would definitely stop someone in a small car that's determined, but it would make it hard for something like the 2016 Berlin attack to happen.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2021, 03:21:22 PM »
I get that.  Big, covers the end of a side street. This guy drove around barricades like the kind my city uses. I've seen that done by impatient dumb people with no ill intent.

There are laws offering protection for those who drive into protesters.

https://www.vox.com/2021/4/25/22367019/gop-laws-oklahoma-iowa-florida-floyd-blm-protests-police
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/22/us/oklahoma-law-drivers-protesters/index.html
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 03:26:42 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Ludum habemus.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2021, 05:08:14 PM »

The DA is prosecuting thefts under 1K.  Where do you get this?
Technically, they do.  But under $950, it's only a misdemeanor and results in little to no prosecution or punishment.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.