Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Former MU players still in college thread  (Read 67973 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: Former MU players still in college thread
« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2021, 12:20:14 AM »
That "groundswell" of dissatisfaction involved in getting Wojo canned was three people. Wojo, who refused help. Scholl who made one phone call then. The donor who digitally wrote the check.

You do know that about 95%+ of the Scoop posters aren't even donating season ticket holders, right?

The blog boys banding together and going top rope had a pretty big impact.  That missive was emailed to every corner of Zilber and made cutting a fat check to Steve palatable among the administration. 

Those guys provided hard data that helped turn heads and shape opinion.  Any faculty unrest over the buyout was squashed when the blog boys went nuclear. 

We owe them a lot.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

panda

• All American
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2021, 06:24:13 AM »
Theo changing uniforms hasn’t changed the fact that he still has 1-2 fouls a game that are blatantly not fouls however.

I’ve never really agreed with this. He’s slow footed laterally, lacks defensive positional awareness and reaches a ton.

On replay they may not look like fouls, but refs in real time will make those calls almost every time.

He’s a magnet for fouls because of those reasons, not because the officials are out to get him.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2021, 09:30:15 AM »
The blog boys banding together and going top rope had a pretty big impact.  That missive was emailed to every corner of Zilber and made cutting a fat check to Steve palatable among the administration. 

Those guys provided hard data that helped turn heads and shape opinion.  Any faculty unrest over the buyout was squashed when the blog boys went nuclear. 

We owe them a lot.

You used “Zilber Hall” as the key decision center of power, I used “The Al McGuire Center”.  Thankfully, Scholl and Broeker are good at their jobs and knew all that was contained in the blogs and were circling Wojo with it. They also knew ticket sales and B&G donations were tanking or about to (Joe True even decided to get out of Dodge). Wojo was lawyered up too and dug in his feet to play possum with his buy out. Scholl also shored up the check writer for the check mate to end it.

If the robes in Zibler used the blog piece to save face, kudos. I contend that Scholl used that to get to his end game. It was a bold move considering COVID, but it was pretty obvious one in retrospect. Donations, ticket sales, marketing/publicity and results since only confirm Scholl’s moves. Enrollment to follow.

If you think the blog piece was the single impetus to make this all happen in a period of a day, so be it. I’d love to hear that story. That, to me, would show MU’s decision making is a cluster then, which I don’t think is the case, clearly.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 09:32:07 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2021, 09:38:11 AM »
I think we are both right.   Certainly the powers within the Al knew what they had to do.  But this isn't 1265 where on court performance is the biggest thing and the only thing.  In a University setting there are many constituencies.  I have been told by people who have been there a long time that the Blog Boys work was key in getting everyone rowing in the same direction.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2021, 09:44:49 AM »
Scholl gave an interview where he said how surprised he was that people were so upset about the results that Wojo had turned in thus far. To me a person like that would have only responded to the hard data cracked sidewalks and paint touches gave us not the emotional post from AE.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2021, 09:47:08 AM »
I think you both have some elements of truth and some embellishments. Dr. B sounds closer to correct to me.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 09:49:58 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2021, 10:16:44 AM »
Scholl gave an interview where he said how surprised he was that people were so upset about the results that Wojo had turned in thus far. To me a person like that would have only responded to the hard data cracked sidewalks and paint touches gave us not the emotional post from AE.

The Cracked Sidewalks piece was extremely well-done and shone a bright light on the underperformance.  The data presented in that article was thorough, defensible, and without question gave Scholl a fantastic summary of the program's trendline/lack of ROI under Wojo to rally support/funding for the removal.

Thank God for the donor who wrote the check to move on from Wojo. 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2021, 10:26:13 AM »
The Cracked Sidewalks piece was extremely well-done and shone a bright light on the underperformance.  The data presented in that article was thorough, defensible, and without question gave Scholl a fantastic summary of the program's trendline/lack of ROI under Wojo to rally support/funding for the removal.

Thank God for the donor who wrote the check to move on from Wojo. 

I think the blog piece gave more cover for the actions to take place than it did inspire them to take place.  As Dr. B said, everyone knew there was a problem. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 10:28:18 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2021, 11:23:24 AM »
I think you both have some elements of truth and some embellishments. Dr. B sounds closer to correct to me.

New conspiracy...Broeker and Scholl wrote the piece and gave it to the Blog Boys to publish to create cover.  I now rescind any flowers I gave the Blog Boys.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2021, 11:29:12 AM »
Theo changing uniforms hasn’t changed the fact that he still has 1-2 fouls a game that are blatantly not fouls however.

Didn't watch the whole game. I did see 3 of the fouls, and all 3 were definitely fouls. He was out of position on 2 of them.

I'm a Theo fan, and have stuck up for him many times when some here were pounding him. But he has weaknesses, as all athletes do, and one of his was fouling too much -- often because he either went for fakes or he failed to establish proper position.

He had done a nice job for Duke, very much helped them. This last game, he didn't play well. It happens.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2021, 11:39:41 AM »
I don't think anyone used the blog piece as cover, but it did give some important basketball fans the vocabulary they needed to express their frustrations.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2021, 02:23:54 PM »
Didn't watch the whole game. I did see 3 of the fouls, and all 3 were definitely fouls. He was out of position on 2 of them.

I'm a Theo fan, and have stuck up for him many times when some here were pounding him. But he has weaknesses, as all athletes do, and one of his was fouling too much -- often because he either went for fakes or he failed to establish proper position.

He had done a nice job for Duke, very much helped them. This last game, he didn't play well. It happens.

One of them I believe his 4th. He was feet away from actually touching the guy.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2021, 03:31:22 PM »
I don't think anyone used the blog piece as cover, but it did give some important basketball fans the vocabulary they needed to express their frustrations.

And the vocabulary was less emotional than the words used after the Georgetown BET (again) no-show that lit the wick.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2021, 03:41:45 PM »
Don't think Joey has to ever worry about being on the same team as Tyler Herro.

Perfect. Just perfect.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2021, 04:18:18 PM »

We owe them a lot.

Could not have rolled my eyes harder. This is laughable

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2021, 09:55:42 PM »
Jamal had another solid game with 19 points on 9-15 shooting, 10 rebounds,  1 Block, 1 Steal, 1 Assist and 4 TO's in the road win over Illinois-Chicago.  Season eFG% 59.2% on 27.3% usage.

panda

• All American
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2021, 10:04:36 PM »
Jamal had another solid game with 19 points on 9-15 shooting, 10 rebounds,  1 Block, 1 Steal, 1 Assist and 4 TO's in the road win over Illinois-Chicago.  Season eFG% 59.2% on 27.3% usage.

Lol

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2021, 11:29:14 PM »
Have some patience, FFS.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #218 on: December 03, 2021, 12:22:18 AM »
Could not have rolled my eyes harder. This is laughable

Thanks Tha Hound, I have always aspired to be YOUR comedian. 

I’m funny how? I mean funny, like I’m a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to (…) amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #219 on: December 03, 2021, 08:16:29 AM »
Love how Jamal is playing. Happy for him.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #220 on: December 06, 2021, 02:42:38 PM »
Interesting fun fact. Weber State  ( Koby McEwen) and Oakland (Jamal Cain) are ranked 46th and 47th in NET rankings. Those programs must be pretty happy to pick up those two young guys.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2021, 07:54:00 AM »
NC McClatchey newspapers article talking about improved play of Duke's bench:

The 6-9, 242-pound Theo John’s role has been to tag-team with Williams inside to keep both centers fresh. That pattern was knocked off kilter this week when John experienced back tightness and had to miss Tuesday’s 103-62 win over South Carolina State. But he was back on Thursday night, playing 13 turnover-free minutes to tally six points, three rebounds and an assist.

Article included this photo:

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mug644

• All American
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2021, 12:42:50 PM »
Is that Wojo in the background as a graduate assistant with App State?

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2021, 05:08:33 PM »
Jose Perez playing reasonably well for Manhattan. A couple back to back 20+ point games recently.