[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BET Tickets  (Read 650 times)

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
BET Tickets
« on: January 10, 2024, 11:39:43 AM »
A group of us have decided to go to the BET this year for the first time since 2006.  I've been waiting for the ticket packages email to be sent for season ticket holders.  I called  and was informed that since there are so many season ticket holders, they already sent the email to people that spend $5000 or more.  If there are any left after those people, the rest get a chance.  It's new this year.

I suppose, my question is, why not send it to everyone and assign based on priority points like they have done with everything else?  So if someone is a first time season ticket holder this year and spent over 5k, they get priority over me who has been a season ticket holder for 20 years and only spends a couple thousand a year? 

personally, I think that's kind of jacked up and not rewarding loyalty to the program.  Have any big ballers on here seen the ticket email, just wondering on prices and what to budget if it should get to us pee-ons in the mid 100 level seats.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: BET Tickets
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 12:23:13 PM »
A group of us have decided to go to the BET this year for the first time since 2006.  I've been waiting for the ticket packages email to be sent for season ticket holders.  I called  and was informed that since there are so many season ticket holders, they already sent the email to people that spend $5000 or more.  If there are any left after those people, the rest get a chance.  It's new this year.

I suppose, my question is, why not send it to everyone and assign based on priority points like they have done with everything else?  So if someone is a first time season ticket holder this year and spent over 5k, they get priority over me who has been a season ticket holder for 20 years and only spends a couple thousand a year? 

personally, I think that's kind of jacked up and not rewarding loyalty to the program.  Have any big ballers on here seen the ticket email, just wondering on prices and what to budget if it should get to us pee-ons in the mid 100 level seats.

My email says if you are a STH AND give $5000+ you have the "opportunity" to select a chance for up to two tickets. No guarantee. All session choices range from $240 and $785.

No offense, but these people pay and donate $10,000 plus per year on average so they spend in four years what you spend in 20. And yet they aren't guaranteed a ticket.

No new season ticket holder who donates is going to jump you unless they donate a huge amount. I sincerely suggest you contact DePaul for your six. Or rely on the secondary market. Tight allocations  and big donations are the norm now.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 12:33:08 PM »
Thanks.  but didn't say I needed 6, just a couple.  Not sure why they would cut allotments so much that a 2nd year STH in 2006 was able to get 2 no problem, but now a 20 year STH who also donates won't have a shot. 
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024, 12:54:29 PM »
Thanks.  but didn't say I needed 6, just a couple.  Not sure why they would cut allotments so much that a 2nd year STH in 2006 was able to get 2 no problem, but now a 20 year STH who also donates won't have a shot.

As I said, the stated criteria for the email is you are a STH AND give at least $5k. That said, I'm agree with you on the communication as you need to go to your backup plan.

As an aside, I have a buddy who was #50 on priority points who was shut out in Columbus. $$ talks.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 12:58:39 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024, 01:04:20 PM »
While I can't speak to the BET, one of the things I've been told at least as far as the NCAAs go is that allocations to individual schools are far smaller than in past years. The NCAA is selling packages themselves, or through their agents, rather than allocating to schools.

In effect, they're doing the same thing the Chicago Cubs pioneered years ago -- scalping their own tickets.

Once upon a time, a contributor to Marquette University at a certain level was all but assured of getting tournament tickets. It's how I was able to get NCAA regional tickets one year several rows behind the MU bench. We lost but, hey, my 10 year old daughter had a great time. Getting tickets with a contribution and a call isn't easy anymore.

Now, the NCAA and, probably, the Big East Conference, learned from the airlines. Tickets prices are yield managed based on complex algorithms. Turning more and more tickets over to the schools reduces the optimal yield.

Long story short: Ticketmaster!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2024, 02:06:21 PM »
While I can't speak to the BET, one of the things I've been told at least as far as the NCAAs go is that allocations to individual schools are far smaller than in past years. The NCAA is selling packages themselves, or through their agents, rather than allocating to schools.

In effect, they're doing the same thing the Chicago Cubs pioneered years ago -- scalping their own tickets.

Once upon a time, a contributor to Marquette University at a certain level was all but assured of getting tournament tickets. It's how I was able to get NCAA regional tickets one year several rows behind the MU bench. We lost but, hey, my 10 year old daughter had a great time. Getting tickets with a contribution and a call isn't easy anymore.

Now, the NCAA and, probably, the Big East Conference, learned from the airlines. Tickets prices are yield managed based on complex algorithms. Turning more and more tickets over to the schools reduces the optimal yield.

Long story short: Ticketmaster!
Of course MU lost, dog jinx!
Goal is National Championship

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 04:13:20 PM »
Of course MU lost, dog jinx!

My backside.

The game was in Winston-Salem, NC at Wake Forest. Tom Crean took our Warriors to play Michigan State and was thoroughly outcoached by Tom Izzo. We got clobbered. That's no jinx!

It was a great Dad/Daughter trip. She was the envy of her fifth grade class when she told people she was at the South Regional.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2024, 05:15:12 PM »
My backside.

The game was in Winston-Salem, NC at Wake Forest. Tom Crean took our Warriors to play Michigan State and was thoroughly outcoached by Tom Izzo. We got clobbered. That's no jinx!

It was a great Dad/Daughter trip. She was the envy of her fifth grade class when she told people she was at the South Regional.

I was at that game too with two of my daughters who were students at MU at the time. I was only in my 4th season as a season ticket holder and also got tickets through MU and sat close behind the MU bench. MU was never in the game after falling behind something like 14-0.

I also got tickets through MU for the first rounds in Louisville in 2012, the only other time I tried for NCAA tickets. Apparently I wouldn’t have opportunities like that any more as I am “only”  a season ticket holder, not a major donor.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2024, 05:33:08 PM »
Bought tickets half hour before the game, paid $40 bucks each,  it’s a chance but got great tickets!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2024, 07:03:54 PM »
Don't bother. As bad as Marquette is now, we're not gonna qualify for the Big East tournament.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson