'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Former MU players still in college thread  (Read 70125 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Re: Former MU players still in college thread
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2021, 02:38:46 PM »
You're such a visionary, Nrs. How's Magic Dawson's NBA career going?

I'm also pretty sure brew was still giving Wojo a shot through Year 6 (or at least until the collapse at the end of that year), though he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Many of us were realistic enough to know that a school wasn't going to fire a coach who took his team to 3 NCAA tournaments in 4 years, so we supported the program. So yep, I admit that it took me a long time to join the Nojo camp. I'm actually surprised they fired him after last season, but thank goodness a few boosters were willing to make it happen.

You're one of the "I'm so obsessed with Wojo that I can't make a comment on any subject without referencing him guys." It must be rough having your mind so occupied by a guy who hasn't stepped foot on our alma mater's campus in 8 months.

The smartest employers take immediate action if they hired the wrong man for the job.  MU wasted 6 years with Wojo.  It was evident in Year 1 the guy didn't have it.  You bite the bullet and move on.  Wojo playing Derrick Wilson 33 minutes a night on a roster that had Matt Carlino, Duane Wilson and John Dawson as options was the first major red flag, as was playing Deonte Burton 16 minutes per game.

Btw - I never said John Dawson would make the NBA.  Making the G-League though was a testament to him having potential. 

Funny thing about you is that you have some good takes/opinions.  You just really missed the mark on Wojo.  I'm no longer obsessed with the guy.  I was obsessed with exposing Wojo here on Scoop while he was the coach.  It took the groundswell of dissatisfaction among the MU fanbase that led to Wojo getting canned.   That aside happy he's gone and can once again enjoy MU hoops.  Btw your OMax/Juan Anderson comparison was a good one.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2021, 02:45:14 PM »
Ners your issue was you went balls to the wall that Wojo was absolutely horrific and going to Dukiet us. He wasn't, he was the epitome of average, the hyperbole and over reactions for 5 of 7 years was obnoxious and alienated people from your point. But now you want credit, yes you called that he wasn't going to get it done at MU, but he wasn't the horrific end of MU hoops either the guy sucked for where we want to be but in the grand scheme of CBB turned in a C+ project, some highlights, terrible intro, terrible conclusion. That being said you're massively tiptoeing back on your Dawson obsession, you might not have said he was an NBA player but man you're way underselling your obsession with him as our potential savior.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2021, 02:52:53 PM »
I was obsessed with exposing Wojo here on Scoop while he was the coach.  It took the groundswell of dissatisfaction among the MU fanbase that led to Wojo getting canned.

That "groundswell" of dissatisfaction involved in getting Wojo canned was three people. Wojo, who refused help. Scholl who made one phone call then. The donor who digitally wrote the check.

You do know that about 95%+ of the Scoop posters aren't even donating season ticket holders, right?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2021, 03:52:29 PM »
Ners your issue was you went balls to the wall that Wojo was absolutely horrific and going to Dukiet us. He wasn't, he was the epitome of average, the hyperbole and over reactions for 5 of 7 years was obnoxious and alienated people from your point. But now you want credit, yes you called that he wasn't going to get it done at MU, but he wasn't the horrific end of MU hoops either the guy sucked for where we want to be but in the grand scheme of CBB turned in a C+ project, some highlights, terrible intro, terrible conclusion. That being said you're massively tiptoeing back on your Dawson obsession, you might not have said he was an NBA player but man you're way underselling your obsession with him as our potential savior.

This. Wojo didn't "ruin" the program as so many drama queens want to say. And you're right: Ners was even more obsessed about Dawson than he was about Wojo.

The smartest employers take immediate action if they hired the wrong man for the job.  MU wasted 6 years with Wojo.  It was evident in Year 1 the guy didn't have it.  You bite the bullet and move on.  Wojo playing Derrick Wilson 33 minutes a night on a roster that had Matt Carlino, Duane Wilson and John Dawson as options was the first major red flag, as was playing Deonte Burton 16 minutes per game.

Btw - I never said John Dawson would make the NBA.  Making the G-League though was a testament to him having potential. 

Funny thing about you is that you have some good takes/opinions.  You just really missed the mark on Wojo.  I'm no longer obsessed with the guy.  I was obsessed with exposing Wojo here on Scoop while he was the coach.  It took the groundswell of dissatisfaction among the MU fanbase that led to Wojo getting canned.   That aside happy he's gone and can once again enjoy MU hoops.  Btw your OMax/Juan Anderson comparison was a good one.

Obviously I wish we would have hired a better coach, but there isn't a single AD or university president who would have fired Wojo after Year 1, Year 2 or Year 3. Not one. Maybe after the step backward in Year 4 or the collapse/mutiny at the end of Year 5 there were 1 or 2 who might have considered it -- with heavy boo$ter backing. And maybe there's another 1 or 2 who would have considered it after Year 6 even though the team made the NCAAT for the 3rd time in 4 years; I believe TAMU found one instance in fairly recent history (Barnes at Texas?) in which that happened. So stop pretending that there are a bunch of "smart employers" out there who would have fired Wojo for playing Derrick Wilson in Year 1.

Funny thing about you is that you also have some decent takes, Ners, but that's not one of them.

And you were flat-out wrong about Dawson. He couldn't hack it in a P6 conference, he needed to go to a low-major program to succeed, and he wasn't better than Rowsey (as you claimed). I'd think you'd give Wojo credit for being a smart employer, realizing that and taking immediate action - ha!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2021, 04:03:56 PM »

Dear Ners:

Just don't....  For the love of God, just don't...

Sincerely,

The rest of Scoop
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2021, 04:19:31 PM »
BTW, Ners, for Wojo being a guy who you are "no longer obsessed with," you brought up his name three times in this topic.  The second two of which were when the conversation had already died down.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2021, 04:31:50 PM »
John Dawson talk?  Sign me up!

Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2021, 04:45:40 PM »
John Dawson talk?  Sign me up!

That’s Magic Dawson to you, bub!

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2021, 04:48:09 PM »
Do cupcakes schedule cupcakes early in the season?

yes, usually SWAC and MEAC schools, WAC schools, lower level Big Sky and lower level Big West schools.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2021, 04:48:25 PM »
That’s Magic Dawson to you, bub!

The only thing better than talking about old players who left is talking about former coaches.  What if John Dawson had played for Rick Majerus?  The possibilities are mind-boggling

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2021, 05:07:21 PM »
We should rehire Wojo and fire him again for this
#BOOM  ;D
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

MU82

• All American
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2021, 06:13:54 PM »
The only thing better than talking about old players who left is talking about former coaches.  What if John Dawson had played for Rick Majerus?  The possibilities are mind-boggling

Magic Dawson woulda averaged 27 ppg and 12 apg under Al ... and that woulda been after Al punched him in the face and told him to go pro.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2021, 08:23:20 PM »
This. Wojo didn't "ruin" the program as so many drama queens want to say. And you're right: Ners was even more obsessed about Dawson than he was about Wojo.
You've not only fallen into the Ners Infinite Argument Loop, you've even triggered the Involuntary Spastic Derrick Wilson Auto Response.

Please please stop.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2021, 10:45:50 PM »
You've not only fallen into the Ners Infinite Argument Loop, you've even triggered the Involuntary Spastic Derrick Wilson Auto Response.

Please please stop.

My apologies, sir.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2021, 10:25:10 PM »
Theo with 4 points and 5 fouls tonight

MU82

• All American
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2021, 11:36:35 PM »
Theo with 4 points and 5 fouls tonight

Theo had his worst game of the season and it really did cost Duke. Williams was in foul trouble and Duke needed more from his backup.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2021, 06:54:56 AM »
Theo had his worst game of the season and it really did cost Duke. Williams was in foul trouble and Duke needed more from his backup.

Theo changing uniforms hasn’t changed the fact that he still has 1-2 fouls a game that are blatantly not fouls however.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2021, 06:52:28 PM »
Looks like Izzo-Dukiet is getting ready for Hauserghazi

https://twitter.com/bfquinn/status/1466206594140573702?s=21

MU82

• All American
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2021, 07:01:06 PM »

• All American
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2021, 07:05:33 PM »

Preparing for MSUScoop's meat eating contingent to rush to Joey's defense.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2021, 07:10:08 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2021, 08:57:01 PM »

So there is a chance Joey comes back to MU for an encore run?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2021, 09:18:49 PM »
Don't think Joey has to ever worry about being on the same team as Tyler Herro.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2021, 09:30:09 PM »
Surprised we didn’t see the first ever mid-game transfer.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2021, 11:46:17 PM »
Garcia with an efficient 14 as UNC crushed Michigan. He had 9 points during the stretch when UNC broke open the game.

feedback