collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 03:31:34 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NCAA Hoops Thread '21-22  (Read 80806 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NCAA Hoops Thread '21-22
« Reply #975 on: February 09, 2022, 06:18:00 PM »
Before that Arkansas win last night, the dopes who play for Auburn stomped on the Razorback logo.

The logo covers like 70% of their court. They were probably just doing layup lines and Muss just wanted to fire his team up.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #976 on: February 09, 2022, 06:25:01 PM »
The logo covers like 70% of their court. They were probably just doing layup lines and Muss just wanted to fire his team up.

Uh ... no.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #977 on: February 09, 2022, 08:24:44 PM »
SMU fouls up 3 … Hou makes first FT and then commits violation while missing intentionally … Down 2, Hou fouls SMU … SMU guy makes first FT but misses second … SMU fouls up 3 again … BUT IT’S CALLED IN THE ACT OF SHOOTING … Hou can tie but guy badly misses first FT, makes second, and on the third again commits a violation going for missed FT rebound.

Crazy last 7 seconds!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 06:35:49 AM by MU82 »

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #978 on: February 09, 2022, 08:39:22 PM »
SMU fouls up 3 … Hou makes first FT and then commits violation while missing intentionally … Hou fouls SMU … SMU guy makes first FT but misses second … SMU fouls up 3 again … BUT IT’S CALLED IN THE ACT … Hou can tie but guy badly misses first FT, makes second and again commits a violation going for missed FT rebound.

Crazy last 7 seconds!
Hou in HouWarrior is for UH, my other alma mater. 2022 is a good year, but we could have been better. My best guess is Sweet 16 this year maybe better next year. Details:

UH has been heading toward a loss against some weaker conf team for some time They somehow held on to an upper tier ranking , even after they lost their best two guys Marcus Sasser and guard Tramon Mark  , by very solid defense and strong rebounding.

Kelvin Sampson can flat out coach He will stay at UH

It has completed practice and arena upgrades and has Tillman Fertitta $
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60S0YYbwM_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zWDOBdb-N4&t=521s

UH lined up Kelvins son as coach in waiting and even has his daughter on payroll
One ESPN five star (no one pfwd) and two four stars come in next year

***** Jarace Walker           PF   Signed   92
****   Terrance Arceneaux   SF   Signed   83
****   Emanuel Sharp        SG   Signed   82

UH is a rebuilt rejuvenated and solid program once again
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 10:32:19 PM by HouWarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #979 on: February 10, 2022, 06:34:56 AM »
Hou in HouWarrior is for UH, my other alma mater. 2022 is a good year, but we could have been better. My best guess is Sweet 16 this year maybe better next year. Details:

UH has been heading toward a loss against some weaker conf team for some time They somehow held on to an upper tier ranking , even after they lost their best two guys Marcus Sasser and guard Tramon Mark  , by very solid defense and strong rebounding.

Kelvin Sampson can flat out coach He will stay at UH

It has completed practice and arena upgrades and has Tillman Fertitta $
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60S0YYbwM_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zWDOBdb-N4&t=521s

UH lined up Kelvins son as coach in waiting and even has his daughter on payroll
One ESPN five star (no one pfwd) and two four stars come in next year

***** Jarace Walker           PF   Signed   92
****   Terrance Arceneaux   SF   Signed   83
****   Emanuel Sharp        SG   Signed   82

UH is a rebuilt rejuvenated and solid program once again

Glad you've got a fun team in your town to watch, not to mention your "inferior" alma mater!

That was a hell of a finish last night. SMU tried real hard to give it to your guys by missing their own FTs and then fouling in the act of shooting up 3, but Houston refused to take it!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #980 on: February 10, 2022, 07:40:13 AM »
Interesting piece on Steve Forbes' quick rebuilding of the Wake Forest program ...

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article258231698.html

There was still plenty of time on the clock when Steve Forbes walked almost the length of the Wake Forest bench slapping hands. The Demon Deacons were in the middle of a 16-0 run to close out their first win over N.C. State in three seasons, and it was less about celebrating that Wednesday night than Wake Forest’s first 20-win season since 2010.

Wake Forest suddenly has a lot to celebrate. After Forbes’ first fitful season at Wake Forest, it’s been an instantaneous turnaround in the second. His quick-fix approach has fixed Wake Forest, and quickly. The Demon Deacons are back to where the school and its fans have always believed they should be, and on track for their second NCAA tournament appearance since that 2010 season, four coaches ago.

“Respect is a hard thing to get back once you lose it,” Forbes said after Wednesday’s 69-51 win. “We’re starting to gain back the respect Wake Forest once had in this league, where we belong. But we’re not satisfied. Twenty wins is a good season. Twenty-five or 30 is special.”

Wake Forest hasn’t won more than 24 games since 2005. It’d be a shock if the Deacons don’t get there before they leave Brooklyn next month.

“There’s a lot of first times this year, not only for myself but for the team,” said guard Daivien Williamson, a Winston-Salem native who followed Forbes to Wake Forest from East Tennessee State. “It feels good.”

Wake Forest is very much a team for college basketball in 2022, built not through recruiting and developing players but plucking them off the shelf in the talent Wal-Mart that is the transfer portal.

Only Isaiah Mucius is left from Danny Manning’s ill-fated regime that only ended 22 months ago. The rest of the roster has been built on the fly since Forbes arrived in Winston-Salem, with a few freshmen but mostly transfers and junior-college players and in some cases both.

That’s the case of Williams, by far Wake Forest’s best player and a potential ACC Player of the Year candidate, who started out at a junior college and played two very vanilla years at Oklahoma that did nothing to hint at the explosiveness within.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #981 on: February 10, 2022, 09:31:57 AM »
If Forbes keeps it going, opens up an interesting discussion about career paths and hiring at the major schools.  Chris Beard, Mussleman, Steve Forbes, all guys who proved they are very good HC material by performing exceptionally well at lower levels.  I'm not saying you hire a great Juco or lower level coach straight away, but those are the interesting assistants to look at

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #982 on: February 10, 2022, 09:43:27 AM »
Johnny Davis much better than Jordan Poole?  As good as Devin Booker?  Come on.  Sure, as KG once said about winning a title with 4 HOF players on the roster, "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!"  But both of those players are very, very good.  The smart bet would be that Davis does not get to what Poole or (especially) Booker are.  I mean, Booker is a top 25 player in the NBA at 25 years old, and has averaged 23 points per game in his 7 years in the NBA (starting at age 19).

And I think people are wildly underrating Poole.  He's 22 years old, playing 30 minutes per game for one of the two best teams in the NBA, and averaging 17 points, 3.5 assists, and 3 rebounds per game.

Bottom line is Booker's datin' Kendall and Davis izant. Therefore, Booker>Davis, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #983 on: February 10, 2022, 01:26:28 PM »
Glad you've got a fun team in your town to watch, not to mention your "inferior" alma mater!

That was a hell of a finish last night. SMU tried real hard to give it to your guys by missing their own FTs and then fouling in the act of shooting up 3, but Houston refused to take it!

The go to guy is usually difference in close games where mistakes,  key shots or FTs are deciding the outcome. 

MU (by no means the inferior alma mater, btw) can go to Lewis or Morsell, in key times and expect them to perform

UH lacked Sasser at SMU...the type of player who would have taken control of those late moments

In the NCAA you hope your seed gets you one or two early wins...but in advancing UH will almost certainly have a close, tricky to close out, game. No Sasser will mean a Sweet 16 flame out this year for UH
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #984 on: February 10, 2022, 01:32:23 PM »
If Forbes keeps it going, opens up an interesting discussion about career paths and hiring at the major schools.  Chris Beard, Mussleman, Steve Forbes, all guys who proved they are very good HC material by performing exceptionally well at lower levels.  I'm not saying you hire a great Juco or lower level coach straight away, but those are the interesting assistants to look at

Wake is my 2nd favorite team, ever since I lived in W-S during the Muggsy years. Although Forbes is in his 2nd year I see a level of improvement like Shaka has already shown here.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #985 on: February 10, 2022, 01:37:36 PM »
The go to guy is usually difference in close games where mistakes,  key shots or FTs are deciding the outcome. 

MU (by no means the inferior alma mater, btw) can go to Lewis or Morsell, in key times and expect them to perform

UH lacked Sasser at SMU...the type of player who would have taken control of those late moments

In the NCAA you hope your seed gets you one or two early wins...but in advancing UH will almost certainly have a close, tricky to close out, game. No Sasser will mean a Sweet 16 flame out this year for UH

Yeah, that sucks about Sasser. Similar to us losing Dom years ago. It's very difficult any time you lose a player who plays a vitally important role. I mean, sure I want us to win the Big East tourney, but mostly I hope nobody gets hurt in any of the BET games.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #986 on: February 12, 2022, 01:29:01 PM »
What is going on at Texas A&M? Buzz's bunch with 8 straight losses? Including a L to Mizzu.

This is year 4 for him, I would have bet the house they would be much better by now. Is he getting burnt out? Rich and lazy?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #987 on: February 12, 2022, 01:37:49 PM »
Huggins bitching about WVU's travel in the BIG12 as the most eastern team in the league

Does the idiot know that WVU chose to leave the big EAST and go to this conference?

Some complaints by coaches simply make them look like morons.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #988 on: February 12, 2022, 02:10:25 PM »
Kansas keeps Oklahoma in the game by missing a bazillion FTs … but KU holds on to beat the Fighting Mosers, who fall to 14-11.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #989 on: February 12, 2022, 02:27:54 PM »
Huggins bitching about WVU's travel in the BIG12 as the most eastern team in the league

Does the idiot know that WVU chose to leave the big EAST and go to this conference?

Some complaints by coaches simply make them look like morons.

I’m guessing Huggins had absolutely zero say in what conference they play in.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #990 on: February 12, 2022, 02:53:13 PM »
I’m guessing Huggins had absolutely zero say in what conference they play in.

Correct. Which is why I said WVU chose to.

He should take his grievances up with the school he is making an active decision to be employed by.

Its not the Big 12s problem

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #991 on: February 12, 2022, 02:58:15 PM »
Correct. Which is why I said WVU chose to.

He should take his grievances up with the school he is making an active decision to be employed by.

Its not the Big 12s problem

Old Man Luck left town before the ink dried on his deal. Universally, every WVU fan i talked to in Charleston hates being in the B12. Maybe realignment helps a bit.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #992 on: February 12, 2022, 02:58:43 PM »
Rutgers up 4 in Madison.  2:38 left.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #993 on: February 12, 2022, 03:06:07 PM »
Purdue left the door open for Bucky to win the BIG10

Immediately lose to Rutgers. Love it.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #994 on: February 12, 2022, 03:07:48 PM »
Thank you Rutgers. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #995 on: February 12, 2022, 03:09:06 PM »
Weasels foul down 7 with under 5 secs left?  What are the stats on that one?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #996 on: February 12, 2022, 03:11:01 PM »
Awww, that's a shame.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #997 on: February 12, 2022, 03:15:18 PM »
The badgers have a difficult schedule down the stretch. Aside from the MSU game, they haven’t been playing well lately.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #998 on: February 12, 2022, 03:15:18 PM »
Old Man Luck left town before the ink dried on his deal. Universally, every WVU fan i talked to in Charleston hates being in the B12. Maybe realignment helps a bit.

Unfortunately they don’t have much choice. The ACC, SEC and B10 don’t want them. It’s the B12 or a downgrade…and they aren’t downgrading.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #999 on: February 12, 2022, 03:18:55 PM »
The badgers have a difficult schedule down the stretch. Aside from the MSU game, they haven’t been playing well lately.
I don't want to see them at Fiserv in March.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

feedback