'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UCLA/MU Next Year  (Read 19355 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
UCLA/MU Next Year
« on: April 04, 2021, 09:55:02 AM »
That will be a hot ticket at Fiserv.  I expect UCLA to be a top 5 team next year even if they lose Juzang to the draft.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 10:09:25 AM by MuggsyB »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: UCLA/MU Next Year
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 10:00:36 AM »
That will be a hot ticket at Fiserv.  I expect UCLA to be a top 5 team next year even if they lose Juzang tonthe draft.
Scholl and Broeker( and to be generous Wojo) did a nice job of making that series   happen. Could be a partial reason for people to re up season tickets.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 10:06:31 AM »
What are the chances of this being a Saturday game?  Feels like it’s going to be a Tuesday or Wednesday night game for tv purposes.

Also, this game is actually happening, right?  Like, UCLA can’t back out now that they’ve caught fire?  I seem to recall MU playing UNC years ago in NC under Crean and possibly getting screwed out of the return game.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 10:08:34 AM by Silent Verbal »

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 01:25:48 PM »
I believe the UNC game in 2000 was a one time thing. UNC was never scheduled to return the game.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 01:35:47 PM »
how confident are we it will be full capcity allowed no masks?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 01:43:52 PM »

I'm not confident at all. But I imagine the more people that get vaccinated, the closer we'll get to that. It will be interesting to see the requirements put in for fan attendance and vaccination.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2021, 01:45:11 PM »
I'm not confident at all. But I imagine the more people that get vaccinated, the closer we'll get to that. It will be interesting to see the requirements put in for fan attendance and vaccination.
Passport.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2021, 01:53:25 PM »
Passport.

Yep. If businesses/teams/leagues start requiring them, it would be the safest and most efficient way to get fans back in the seats.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2021, 01:56:27 PM »

100%
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2021, 02:02:49 PM »

I think it's a fluid situation.  We have no idea how long these vaccines will last.  Some are speculating we will have to get vaccinated every 6 or 12 mos.  We also don't have enough data regarding various strains.  As for the vaccine passport?  Businesses have every right to choose to operate in any way they please but a federal vaccine passport mandate would be extremely problematic and unconstitutional.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2021, 02:05:24 PM »
Passport.

As long as it's not a photo ID!

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2021, 02:17:34 PM »
I think it's a fluid situation.  We have no idea how long these vaccines will last.  Some are speculating we will have to get vaccinated every 6 or 12 mos.  We also don't have enough data regarding various strains.  As for the vaccine passport?  Businesses have every right to choose to operate in any way they please but a federal vaccine passport mandate would be extremely problematic and unconstitutional.

I would not be so sure about the bolded. I'm not saying anything about what should or not be. Look at the mandatory business shutdowns when the virus spiked. Stating that something is unconstitutional does not make it so.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2021, 02:22:54 PM »

Yep. If businesses/teams/leagues start requiring them, it would be the safest and most efficient way to get fans back in the seats.

Then someone else gets my seat.  I am vaccinated but won’t go to a game that requires a passport.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2021, 02:28:35 PM »
I would not be so sure about the bolded. I'm not saying anything about what should or not be. Look at the mandatory business shutdowns when the virus spiked. Stating that something is unconstitutional does not make it so.

I don't want to get into a political discussion but if you mandate a vaccine passport there will be major issues about other health choices people make. 

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2021, 03:04:13 PM »

Amend the constitution.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2021, 03:04:29 PM »
Then someone else gets my seat.  I am vaccinated but won’t go to a game that requires a passport.

Not a problem. No one will care and someone else will get the tickets.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2021, 03:05:13 PM »
You won't be missed, and you are.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »
Our constitution is like an autoimune disease.
I have an autoimune disease, my body works against itself.
Our system works against our country.
It's like using the rules to stop work and progress.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2021, 03:13:16 PM »
Amend the constitution.

So if a person decides not to get vaccinated, or they don't want to be traced by big tech and live in a free society, they shouldn't be allowed say to buy groceries if that business chooses to require the passport?  Maybe they're worried about long-term ramifications for their children?  Also, what if the government wanted to determine the health rights of a mother's "right to choose"?  How do you think that would work out?  A mandatory vaccine passport would be a powder keg situation and very bad for a free society.  And it would hurt the lowest socioeconomic class the most.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:15:01 PM by MuggsyB »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2021, 03:13:26 PM »
Businesses have every right to choose to operate in any way they please but a federal vaccine passport mandate would be extremely problematic and unconstitutional.

Courts have ruled time and again that vaccine mandates are constitutional (such as for schools and workplaces), with very few exemptions allowed.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2021, 03:20:43 PM »
So if a person decides not to get vaccinated, or they don't want to be traced by big tech and live in a free society

Then I'd suggest you dump your cell phone and stop posting on the internet.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2021, 03:24:04 PM »
So if a person decides not to get vaccinated, or they don't want to be traced by big tech and live in a free society, they shouldn't be allowed say to buy groceries if that business chooses to require the passport?  Maybe they're worried about long-term ramifications for their children?  Also, what if the government say wanted to determine the health rights of a mother's "right to choose"?  How do you think that would work out?  A mandatory vaccine passport would be a powder keg situation and very bad for a free society.  And it would hurt the lowest socioeconomic class the most.

Yes, whatever it takes.

We argue about trivia, slippery slopes, and hypothetical nonsence as the world eats our lunch.
During the Vietnam war there was an explosion of law students and law schools for the draft dodging students.  That has led to paralysis by litigation.

So much for common sense, reasonableness, and the common good.  Today everyone is making a case about everything.   Yes, you are right, from your point of view.  From your camera angle, I understand how the world looks.  You win.  I'll just go down with the ship with the rest of us. 

I forgot to mention the proliferation of extrajudicial mediation and arbitration. Why?  The courts are full of litigation.  The dockets are full of lawyers and their cases.  Then we have plea bargening and we call that justice under our constitution.  We need reform, big time reform, including the constitution.  And by the way, I'm a real conservative, if lables matter.

HAPPY, PEACEFUL, EASTER

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:30:48 PM by vogue65 »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2021, 03:26:41 PM »
Courts have ruled time and again that vaccine mandates are constitutional (such as for schools and workplaces), with very few exemptions allowed.

Correct. Somewhere in one of these threads I posted a description of the constitutional analysis back when states were mandating polio vaccines. The Supreme Court upheld it then, and there haven’t been any pertinent Constitutional amendments that would cause them to rule otherwise today.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:29:45 PM by GooooMarquette »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2021, 03:29:12 PM »
Then I'd suggest you dump your cell phone and stop posting on the internet.

I didn't say me personally but people are going to have a problem with their health privacy being eliminated.  And you could easily argue that if the government can mandate these particular vaccines they could mandate a lot of other things. It wouldn't be pleasant regardless of which party is in power..   

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2021, 03:34:44 PM »
Yes, whatever it takes.

We argue about trivia, slippery slopes, and hypothetical nonsence as the world eats our lunch.
During the Vietnam war there was an explosion of law students and law schools for the draft dodging students.  That has led to paralysis by litigation.

So much for common sense, reasonableness, and the common good.  Today everyone is making a case about everything.   Yes, you are right, from your point of view.  From your camera angle, I understand how the world looks.  You win.  I'll just go down with the ship with the rest of us. 

I forgot to mention the proliferation of extrajudicial mediation and arbitration. Why?  The courts are full of litigation.  The dockets are full of lawyers and their cases.  Then we have plea bargening and we call that justice under our constitution.  We need reform, big time reform, including the constitution.  And by the way, I'm a real conservative, if lables matter.

HAPPY, PEACEFUL, EASTER

So you literally believe if a person chooses not to get vaccinated, for whatever reason, now and every year moving forward, they shouldn't be allowed to buy groceries if that business requires a vaccine passport?  I mean think about this for a second.....really??