[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UCLA/MU Next Year  (Read 19317 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: UCLA/MU Next Year
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2021, 04:53:41 PM »
Absolutely. Get rid of all the PC scam.

What scam?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2021, 04:55:29 PM »
Absolutely. Get rid of all the PC scam.

What's the dirt on Cooley?

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2021, 04:56:29 PM »
All this for a virus you have a 99.8% chance of surviving

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2021, 05:04:07 PM »

A year later and people are STILL saying dumb crap like this...

Regardless I doubt there will be attendance limitations and I doubt there will be vaccine passports.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2021, 05:06:47 PM »

Over 500,000 people had a 0% chance of surviving the virus.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2021, 05:09:37 PM »
There are no slippery slopes in China or the rest of the world.

Probably not the best example to use comrade...

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2021, 05:10:29 PM »
We'll see who transfers, who goes pro, who arrives.

I mean, at this time 2 years ago, we would soon be a highly ranked "too early for rankings" team. And then ... Hausershima.

Maybe there will be a Bruinshima, who knows?

He said top5 even if Juzang goes pro.  Not a chance of top 5, I think.

Jaquez is a nice player, Campbell isn't nearly as good as he played last night and so far they have only signed one guy. Rather than top 5 nationally, I think bottom 5 in the conference is more likely. Cronin is a great coach though, and could get them a couple extra wins.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2021, 05:35:20 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2021, 05:36:36 PM »

Jaquez is a nice player, Campbell isn't nearly as good as he played last night and so far they have only signed one guy. Rather than top 5 nationally, I think bottom 5 in the conference is more likely. Cronin is a great coach though, and could get them a couple extra wins.

That sounds like a pretty good assessment.

Playing well in the tournament, including last night's performance, might bring a few very good transfers to UCLA, though. Could reload fairly quickly, especially if Jaquez is still there. And if Juzang does stay (not likely) then could be great.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2021, 05:45:10 PM »

Disagree about Campbell.  He averaged 11 and 5.5, which is legit for a team that plays fairly slow.  And he was top 15 in the country in A/TO ratio.  He was first team All-PAC12 for a reason. And only a soph.  Juzang was the one who played out of his mind last night and all tourney compared to how he was.

I agree they aren’t gonna be top 5, especially if he JJ leaves.  However, they bring in a top 10 recruit at SF and another top 50 guy at SG.  If they bring in a decent transfer, they reload pretty hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2021, 05:46:29 PM »
Over 500,000 Americans had a 0% chance of surviving the virus.

FIFY
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2021, 05:49:26 PM »
Disagree about Campbell.  He averaged 11 and 5.5, which is legit for a team that plays fairly slow.  And he was top 15 in the country in A/TO ratio.  He was first team All-PAC12 for a reason. And only a soph.  Juzang was the one who played out of his mind last night and all tourney compared to how he was.

I agree they aren’t gonna be top 5, especially if he JJ leaves.  However, they bring in a top 10 recruit at SF and another top 50 guy at SG.  If they bring in a decent transfer, they reload pretty hard.

Unfortunately for UCLA, whatever they are ranked they will fall hard after we kick their arses back to Westwood!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2021, 05:51:35 PM »
Amend the constitution.
Yeah. I am all for amending the constitution. Good luck with that. Would congress  and states approve. NO? So keep pushing for fiat by the court.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2021, 06:01:20 PM »

Riley, Jaquez, Campbell, and Bernard are all solid.  I assume they have a few decent recruits coming in as well as players that will improve.  Top 5 may be off but they will be formidable after we take them out in Milwaukee.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2021, 06:53:01 PM »
Riley, Jaquez, Campbell, and Bernard are all solid.  I assume they have a few decent recruits coming in as well as players that will improve.  Top 5 may be off but they will be formidable after we take them out in Milwaukee.

Yep. With or without Juzang, they're gonna be very good. Possibly the toughest game on our schedule.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2021, 07:16:19 PM »

I agree that Campbell is a nice player. I just said he is not as good as he played last night - the best game of his career. But, he is a decent hi-major PG.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2021, 07:31:37 PM »
I agree that Campbell is a nice player. I just said he is not as good as he played last night - the best game of his career. But, he is a decent hi-major PG.

It wasn’t even statistically his best game of the season.  And not sure why a young player stepping up in a big moment, after a very good season and tourney, is deemed “not as good as he played”.  I guess we defer on “decent high major” if that’s what we are calling sophomores making first team all conference.  If he played for MU, put up those numbers and got first team All-BE, we’d be delirious with praise and optimism/excitement.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2021, 07:39:31 PM »
I really enjoy watching Jaquez play .  He is a very fundamentally solid college player. He goes hard on every single possession. He is sort of a modern day Mike O'Koren.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2021, 07:40:19 PM »
burnin through the night ehh. 200 defress thats why they call me mr farenheight. im travekin at the speejd of light

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2021, 07:40:33 PM »
Just think if Tyger would have stuck with his original commitment to DePaul.

herboturbo

• Team Captain
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2021, 07:40:43 PM »
I believe the UNC game in 2000 was a one time thing. UNC was never scheduled to return the game.

I vaguely remember that UNC bought out the return game in 2002 because that was the year they were really really bad under doherty
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2021, 08:16:22 PM »
What's the dirt on Cooley?

What’s the poop on Palomino?  It’s a deep take, sorry to those outside the loop.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2021, 08:28:36 PM »
Just think if Tyger would have stuck with his original commitment to DePaul.
There was a solid 45 seconds of DePaul (and Westwood v Loop) bashing by the crew when discussing his college choice

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2021, 08:48:08 PM »
This
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2021, 09:24:02 PM »

Not sure there is any relevance to ppg or apg stats... or A/TO for that matter. Campbell, who turned 21 in January, is old for his sophomore classification.

He shot a putrid 46.0% eFG% this year after an almost unthinkable 40.8% mark last season. Career 26.2% 3FG% guy on 160 attempts. He's very good at making bad shots (e.g., long twos), but that's relative to other players taking the same shot.... which doesn't make it a helpful thing for him individual or the team.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.