[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: UCLA/MU Next Year  (Read 18775 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: UCLA/MU Next Year
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2021, 03:35:04 PM »
I didn't say me personally but people are going to have a problem with their health privacy being eliminated.  And you could easily argue that if the government can mandate these particular vaccines they could mandate a lot of other things. It wouldn't be pleasant regardless of which party is in power..   

The government, in the form of public school districts and public universities, already mandate certain vaccines. There is nothing unconstitutional about this.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2021, 03:36:26 PM »
Then I'd suggest you dump your cell phone and stop posting on the internet.

People with cell phones complaining about being "tracked" is one of my favorites.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2021, 03:36:52 PM »
Say what you will, but UCLA coming to Milwaukee should be fun
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2021, 03:37:25 PM »

Correct. Somewhere in one of these threads I posted a description of the constitutional analysis back when states were mandating polio vaccines. The Supreme Court upheld it then, and there haven’t been any pertinent Constitutional amendments that would cause them to rule otherwise today.

All sides are tortured using an outdated constitutiin on modern day problems. 
Senate rules, gun control, taxes, technology, misinformation, copywrights, pattens, intellectual property, democracy, treaties, war powers, the list is endless.  We are trying to shoe horn everything into our poor old constution as amended.  Slick politicians and lawyers will be the end of America.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2021, 03:38:22 PM »
I didn't say me personally but people are going to have a problem with their health privacy being eliminated.  And you could easily argue that if the government can mandate these particular vaccines they could mandate a lot of other things. It wouldn't be pleasant regardless of which party is in power..

We already have "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service".  Is Brother's still on Water St?  They had a pretty strict dress code.  If that's kosher, I don't see why making sure people can't spread a deadly disease is unconstitutional but asking someone to not wear a backwards hat is okay.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2021, 03:38:35 PM »

1. Slippery slope is a fallacy
2. Chances are, your health privacy already is eliminated in all sorts of ways. Have you attended school? Played sports? Going on Medicare when you retire?

Nobody has suggested mandatory vaccinations, keep in mind. Any nobody would be denied a constitutional right by not getting one. But things you don't have a right to ... flying commercial, going to a ball game, staying in a hotel ... then you may need to provide proof you aren't going to make those around you ill.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:41:28 PM by Pakuni »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2021, 03:40:29 PM »

Vaccines have been required for public schooling as long as I can remember.

Also, this isn't government mandating anything, it would be a private business deciding how to operate in such a way that keeps their clients safe and healthy. Whether we're talking about game attendance (you are free to watch on TV) or groceries (you are free to use Amazing Fresh or whatever delivery service you choose) there are options.

"Freedom" cuts both ways, and if you want to exercise the "freedom" to not do things to protect the public good, then the public should be equally "free" from the threats your unhealthy presence could create.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2021, 03:43:10 PM »

What is health privacy?
Another right?
Who cares about your fu..ing blood count?
Do you want to know I had my teeth cleaned Thursday?
Who started all the paperwork about health care privacy anyway?
The lawyer's that's who.
Oh, the insurance so-called industry.
That's great.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2021, 03:45:46 PM »
How 'bout that UCLA-MU game?

I say we get 'em next time, at our place. Shaka's gonna keep most of this past season's underclassmen, and bring in some nice reinforcements.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2021, 03:46:29 PM »

Also, this isn't government mandating anything, it would be a private business deciding how to operate in such a way that keeps their clients safe and healthy. Whether we're talking about game attendance (you are free to watch on TV) or groceries (you are free to use Amazing Fresh or whatever delivery service you choose) there are options.

"Freedom" cuts both ways, and if you want to exercise the "freedom" to not do things to protect the public good, then the public should be equally "free" from the threats your unhealthy presence could create.

These people don't care about freedom, it is just their case.  Don't go for the bait.
There are names for them, I'll pass on name calling.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2021, 03:47:51 PM »
1. Slippery slope is a fallacy
2. Chances are, your health privacy already is eliminated in all sorts of ways. Have you attended school? Played sports? Going on Medicare when you retire?

Nobody has suggested mandatory vaccinations, keep in mind. Any nobody would be denied a constitutional right by not getting one. But things you don't have a right to ... flying commercial, going to a ball game, staying in a hotel ... then you may need to provide proof you aren't going to make those around you ill.

I think you can argue it's a slippery slope.  I'll just leave it at that.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2021, 03:49:29 PM »
How 'bout that UCLA-MU game?

I say we get 'em next time, at our place. Shaka's gonna keep most of this past season's underclassmen, and bring in some nice reinforcements.

UCLA will likely be a top 5 preseason team.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2021, 03:59:06 PM »
People with cell phones complaining about being "tracked" is one of my favorites.

Mine also.
How about the robo calls?
It's their constitutional right?
The founding fathers should have anticipated robo calls.
Then we have air rights, mineral rights, local ordances, property rights, animal rights, salvage rights, the trick is complexity.
Make everything too complex to understand.
Call centers, Blue-tooth headphones, airline schedules, even the fast food menues. 
Covid protocols, too complex.
Wear a mask, get a shot and prove it, to hell with useless arguments about the constitution.
It's just self serving people using the constitution against us, Americans, against ourselves.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2021, 03:59:46 PM »
Not a problem. No one will care and someone else will get the tickets.

That is the great thing about the US, we have choices....yet

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2021, 04:03:22 PM »
I think you can argue it's a slippery slope.  I'll just leave it at that.

However, with that philosophy everything is a slippery slope.
If everything is a slipery slope, then nothing gets done.
Gridlock and the end of America.
There are no slippery slopes in China or the rest of the world.
We started talking about a great UCLA game next year and ended on a slippery slope.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2021, 04:04:15 PM »

A passport to do things within the United States.....let’s have our elected leaders and public health folks think a little harder then that.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2021, 04:04:49 PM »
A passport to do things within the United States.....let’s have our elected leaders and public health folks think a little harder then that.

WHY?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2021, 04:04:57 PM »

Or people should just get vaccinated.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2021, 04:06:06 PM »

Not if your game is to cause imaginary problems and gum up the works.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2021, 04:09:31 PM »
I am a strong believer in a LOYAL opposition, like England in WWII.
I strongly oppose obstancy, obstructionist behavior just for the sake of being the opposition.

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2021, 04:11:03 PM »
Congratulations on ruining another thread. You people just suck.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2021, 04:15:53 PM »

Read my first post.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2021, 04:20:29 PM »
Thanks for the compliment, Mr. The Thing,
The issue at hand is attendance at next years UCLA game.
Will there be restrictions imposed, if so what restrictions, and by whom?
Do fans have a right to not get a vaccination and attend?
Would a mandated "passport" be constitutional?
A discussion of the topic ahead, way ahead, of the game, may be of benefit, and fun for some of us.
You may see it differently, I understand that.
Tolerance for ambiguity is a learned skill.  In fact, tolerance is a learned skill or virtue.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 04:22:10 PM by vogue65 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2021, 04:43:06 PM »
UCLA will likely be a top 5 preseason team.

We'll see who transfers, who goes pro, who arrives.

I mean, at this time 2 years ago, we would soon be a highly ranked "too early for rankings" team. And then ... Hausershima.

Maybe there will be a Bruinshima, who knows?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2021, 04:50:34 PM »
100%
Absolutely. Get rid of all the PC scam.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback