[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Covid 19 variants  (Read 20658 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Covid 19 variants
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2022, 10:58:48 AM »
How bout the CEO of Pfizer?  If not him who do you listen to?

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

lawdog77

• All American

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2022, 12:35:10 PM »
United Employee Deaths Fell To Zero After COVID Vaccine Mandate, CEO Says

The airline said its employees' hospitalization rate is also "100x lower than the general population in the U.S."

By
Ryan Grenoble
01/11/2022 12:38pm EST

COVID-19 deaths among vaccinated United Airlines employees fell to zero after the company implemented a vaccine requirement, CEO Scott Kirby said in a memo to employees Tuesday. United was the first major U.S. airline to roll out a mandate, telling its 67,000 U.S. employees last August to either get vaccinated or be fired, with limited exemptions for religious or health reasons.

The policy drew criticism from Republicans like Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) who said Kirby’s decision showed “callous disregard” for the rights of his employees.

As the extremely contagious omicron variant has sent case counts to new highs, snarling air travel in the process, United’s data would seem to validate the mandate.

“While we have about 3,000 employees who are currently positive for COVID, zero of our vaccinated employees are currently hospitalized,” Kirby told employees Tuesday in the memo. “Since our vaccine policy went into effect, the hospitalization rate among our employees has been 100x lower than the general population in the U.S.”

Currently in the U.S. more than 100,000 coronavirus patients are hospitalized nationwide, according to a New York Times database. The country is also averaging more than 500,000 new cases a day — a record.

Kirby added that there were no COVID-related deaths among vaccinated employees for eight weeks in a row.

Prior to the vaccine requirement, an average of more than one United employee a week was dying from COVID-19, the CEO said.

“Based on United’s prior experience and the nationwide data related to COVID fatalities among the unvaccinated,” he added, “that means there are approximately 8-10 United employees who are alive today because of our vaccine requirement.”

That’s not to say it’s been smooth sailing for the airline, which, like the rest of the country, has had to contend with a wave of employee illness and, as a result, flight cancellations. Kirby noted that nearly one-third of the airline’s workforce recently called out sick in one day alone at Newark Liberty International Airport, a major United hub.

If only vaccines could also guard flight attendants against ill-behaved passengers.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2022, 02:46:20 PM »
Just got done with Omicron.  I was double vaxxed with Pfizer back in June, got the booster last week on Jan 4.  The symptoms were incredibly mild to the point I did 30 minute daily rides on the Peloton.  Felt a bit more fatigued than usual, had consistent nasal drip/congestion, mild occasional headache.

So while the vax didn't protect me from the variant, what I experienced was just a minor annoyance type of cold.  I'm also happy to report that I have not become magnetic, Bill Gates doesn't know what I'm doing, and I feel exactly the same as I did before ever getting vaccinated.

8-)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2022, 03:02:09 PM »
Just got done with Omicron.  I was double vaxxed with Pfizer back in June, got the booster last week on Jan 4.  The symptoms were incredibly mild to the point I did 30 minute daily rides on the Peloton.  Felt a bit more fatigued than usual, had consistent nasal drip/congestion, mild occasional headache.

So while the vax didn't protect me from the variant, what I experienced was just a minor annoyance type of cold.  I'm also happy to report that I have not become magnetic, Bill Gates doesn't know what I'm doing, and I feel exactly the same as I did before ever getting vaccinated.

8-)

That's exactly what he wants you to think
Maigh Eo for Sam

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2022, 03:04:25 PM »
  I'm also happy to report that I have not become magnetic,
Correct, your personality is definitely not magnetic.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2022, 03:29:30 PM »
Correct, your personality is definitely not magnetic.

Dang.  That hurt my feelings.  That aside, I don't ever remember reading a post of yours here.  Indicative of being a non-factor.  Clearly I've pissed you off at some point.  Now, if I was like the lightweight hater you are, I'd report your post to the moderators and whine for you to be banned.  But, I'm not..so carry on with your lame barbs.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2022, 03:37:47 PM »
Dang.  That hurt my feelings.  That aside, I don't ever remember reading a post of yours here.  Indicative of being a non-factor.  Clearly I've pissed you off at some point.  Now, if I was like the lightweight hater you are, I'd report your post to the moderators and whine for you to be banned.  But, I'm not..so carry on with your lame barbs.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2022, 04:01:20 PM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2022, 11:42:09 AM »

8-)

But it did protect you from it.  It did not make you immune to it, but that was never the claim.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2022, 04:34:59 PM »

Doesn't the joke need to be somewhat funny?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2022, 06:29:18 PM »
Clearly, it wasn't some of my best material. I'll do better next time.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2022, 11:11:19 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/prior-covid-infection-more-protective-than-vaccination-during-delta-surge-us-2022-01-19/

Hmm, I remember a few of you saying this couldnt be the case a couple months back.  Remind me who is spreading misinformation?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2022, 11:25:43 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/prior-covid-infection-more-protective-than-vaccination-during-delta-surge-us-2022-01-19/

Hmm, I remember a few of you saying this couldnt be the case a couple months back.  Remind me who is spreading misinformation?

No that's not what people said.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2022, 12:12:25 PM »

I continue to question to intelligence of those who think getting COVID to avoid getting COVID is sound thinking.  The "so what" of that link is still "get jabbed".

Quote: Protection against Delta was highest, however, among people who were both vaccinated and had survived a previous COVID infection, and lowest among those who had never been infected or vaccinated, the study found.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2022, 05:32:45 PM »

So to protect from dying of COVID-19, were going to get COVID-19?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2022, 05:44:40 PM »
So to protect from dying of COVID-19, were going to get COVID-19?
That's the theory promoted by Scoop dentists
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2022, 07:09:32 PM »
That's the theory promoted by Scoop dentists

I intentionally get cavities because the fillings are stronger than my actual teeth.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2022, 10:37:16 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60050996

Catching Covid deliberately didn’t work out so well..

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2022, 09:06:08 AM »
Yeah, but according to "healthcare professionals", having caught COVID she'd be even more protected from catching COVID than if she just took the vaccine...if she wasn't dead, that is.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2022, 10:41:46 AM »
I think there might be something to a fully vaccinated and totally healthy (no pre-existing conditions) person not isolating from his or her Covid-infected partner, figuring if he or she gets it, so be it.

But to be an anti-vaxxer and to try to get a deadly virus that disproportionally kills and/or hospitalizes the unvaccinated ... that's just idiotic.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2022, 11:34:09 AM »
I think there might be something to a fully vaccinated and totally healthy (no pre-existing conditions) person not isolating from his or her Covid-infected partner, figuring if he or she gets it, so be it.

But to be an anti-vaxxer and to try to get a deadly virus that disproportionally kills and/or hospitalizes the unvaccinated ... that's just idiotic.

I think its totally different.  Spent the weekend with my sister in law and her family.  Literally as we arrived, the youngest got confirmation of a positive PCR test.  Over the next day, my SIL and another daughter tested positive.  My wife and I sort of shrugged.  Everyone was vaccinated and boosted.  We have international travel coming up, if it was gonna happen, might as well be in control of it. 

Started feeling iffy Sunday, drove home, made appts for tests on Tues morning and began acting as if we were positive.  My wife's rapid tests were positive from Monday on.   Took a PCR for me on Tues to show positive.  We're finishing up our quarantine and moving on, basically invincible now

But none of us were out licking the faces of those positive while unvaccinated to test fate

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2022, 11:48:41 AM »
I think its totally different.  Spent the weekend with my sister in law and her family.  Literally as we arrived, the youngest got confirmation of a positive PCR test.  Over the next day, my SIL and another daughter tested positive.  My wife and I sort of shrugged.  Everyone was vaccinated and boosted.  We have international travel coming up, if it was gonna happen, might as well be in control of it. 

Started feeling iffy Sunday, drove home, made appts for tests on Tues morning and began acting as if we were positive.  My wife's rapid tests were positive from Monday on.   Took a PCR for me on Tues to show positive.  We're finishing up our quarantine and moving on, basically invincible now

But none of us were out licking the faces of those positive while unvaccinated to test fate

suspiciously specific

MU82

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2022, 11:55:33 AM »
I think its totally different.

Which I think is what I said and you're just agreeing, right?

Spent the weekend with my sister in law and her family.  Literally as we arrived, the youngest got confirmation of a positive PCR test.  Over the next day, my SIL and another daughter tested positive.  My wife and I sort of shrugged.  Everyone was vaccinated and boosted.  We have international travel coming up, if it was gonna happen, might as well be in control of it. 

In the last 2 weeks, it's swept through my family. In Seattle, my pregnant daughter, 15-month-old grandson and son-in-law all got it; in Chicago, my 2 1/2-year-old grand-twins and son got it.

All adults vaccinated and boosted, all (including kids) doing OK. Various stages of feeling like they have bad colds.

Curiously, my daughter-in-law in Chicago hasn't gotten it. This despite the fact that her parents and sisters got it, her husband and kids have it, and she's a fifth-grade teacher who is probably encountering infected kids every day. It's probably gonna happen any day now ... or maybe she's Wonder Woman!

The only real concern of all of the above is my daughter, who is due in mid-March. But she's seen two doctors and they did an ultrasound and other tests, and all is well.

I hope you and yours all come out of it great, Wags.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2022, 01:04:58 PM »
suspiciously specific

Chalk it up to a failed pick up line

Which I think is what I said and you're just agreeing, right?

I hope you and yours all come out of it great, Wags.

Yea, just reiterating with more specifics.

And yep, all good, thanks.  My wife was ehh for a pair of days, but she's notoriously bad at being sick in any form  ;D  I had a stuffy nose and was spacey for a day.  Feel good as new now.

My nieces and nephews were pretty funny.  Morning they were sick and wailing and being annoying under the weather kids...by evening they were off the walls feeling grand

feedback