[Today at 10:38:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 10:08:05 AM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by tower912
[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Covid 19 variants  (Read 20676 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Covid 19 variants
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2022, 11:17:58 AM »
That is a good point.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2022, 11:24:34 AM »
I assume there are undercounts wherever there is availability of home tests. I know during the last peak there were 4 positives amongst my friends and family that were of course never officially counted. Mutiple this by a few million times over, I imagine.

Those folks just weren't being extra careful enough, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2022, 11:46:45 AM »
Thankfully none were idiots, all were vaxxed, so no hospitalizations or deaths.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2022, 07:04:33 PM »
the bigger uncovered story are the hospitals slowly filling up treating patients who are having adverse reactions to the vaccine. 

now why would the FDA want an exemption from releasing all vaccine data until 2096??  that's kinda weird
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2022, 07:06:40 PM »
the bigger uncovered story are the hospitals slowly filling up treating patients who are having adverse reactions to the vaccine. 

now why would the FDA want an exemption from releasing all vaccine data until 2096??  that's kinda weird

Source?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2022, 07:11:21 PM »
Source?

They want to release 500 pages per month, and claim there are 451,000 pages which need review and personal information redacted.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-law-and-business/why-a-judge-ordered-fda-to-release-covid-19-vaccine-data-pronto

This does seem silly - basically only a single employee working through 3 pages per hour?  I can't make the math work otherwise.  But I'm also certain that it will come out much faster, I don't think there's some big conspiracy brewing.  Like "hospitals slowly filling up treating patients who are having adverse reactions to the vaccine. ".  You'd think that would have been a problem in 2021 as well!

Some more information not provided by the Lawyer trying to get the info:
https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/wait-what-fda-wants-55-years-process-foia-request-over-vaccine-data-2021-11-18/
The FDA proposes releasing 500 pages per month on a rolling basis, noting that the branch that would handle the review has only 10 employees and is currently processing about 400 other FOIA requests.

“By processing and making interim responses based on 500-page increments, FDA will be able to provide more pages to more requesters, thus avoiding a system where a few large requests monopolize finite processing resources and where fewer requesters’ requests are being fulfilled,” DOJ lawyers wrote, pointing to other court decisions where the 500-page-per-month schedule was upheld.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 07:18:39 PM by rocky_warrior »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2022, 07:37:11 PM »

This sounds like absolute BS. Please provide a source.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2022, 07:48:56 PM »
They want to release 500 pages per month, and claim there are 451,000 pages which need review and personal information redacted.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-law-and-business/why-a-judge-ordered-fda-to-release-covid-19-vaccine-data-pronto

This does seem silly - basically only a single employee working through 3 pages per hour?  I can't make the math work otherwise.  But I'm also certain that it will come out much faster, I don't think there's some big conspiracy brewing.  Like "hospitals slowly filling up treating patients who are having adverse reactions to the vaccine. ".  You'd think that would have been a problem in 2021 as well!

Some more information not provided by the Lawyer trying to get the info:
https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/wait-what-fda-wants-55-years-process-foia-request-over-vaccine-data-2021-11-18/

Thanks rock.

I should have been clearer.

I was asking for the source on hospitals filling up due to adverse vax reactions

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2022, 08:02:45 PM »
I was asking for the source on hospitals filling up due to adverse vax reactions

Oh yeah, that's just nutjob conspiracy crap.

• All American
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2022, 08:27:36 PM »

Lol. No doubt. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

🏀

• All American
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2022, 10:37:40 PM »

Stan told rocket. Stan runs the Valley Chairlift at Alpine Valley, who heard it from Christina. Tina was in the East Troy Aurora for a few days after a small meth lab incident down by the airport on Sunday before the Super Bowl.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2022, 05:21:26 AM »
Stan told rocket. Stan runs the Valley Chairlift at Alpine Valley, who heard it from Christina. Tina was in the East Troy Aurora for a few days after a small meth lab incident down by the airport on Sunday before the Super Bowl.

nope, overheard from a group including c.j. and the bald knobbers at granny's diner

just give it some time-been hearing from a number of medical people i know in various institutions in Az and up here in southeastern wisconsin.

as most of you celebrate the non vaccinated, i am not celebrating this.  some of the stuff they are seeing is no fun.  its random schiff, but just watch
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2022, 06:23:33 AM »
  nope, overheard from a group including c.j. and the bald knobbers at granny's diner

just give it some time-been hearing from a number of medical people i know in various institutions in Az and up here in southeastern wisconsin.

as most of you celebrate the non vaccinated, i am not celebrating this.  some of the stuff they are seeing is no fun.  its random schiff, but just watch

You say this ignorant crap once a week, and it has never once panned out.  You're sort of like doomsday cults that predict the end of the world is 6 months out for ten years straight.  Yet, here we are.  Our lives go on, and those folk look as nutty as they are.  I hope you don't tell your friends and family the sort of stuff you espouse here.  That'd be straight up embarrassing.

Stop deluding yourself.  It's suuuuuuuuuper unhealthy.

• All American
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2022, 06:25:33 AM »

LOL.  Sure.  You have been saying "just watch" about a number of things over the last two years.  Hydroxy....ivermectin...now hospitals filling up with vaccine reactions.

And you know what?  We keep watching, and nothing happens.  Just face it, you have been consistently and incredibly wrong over the last two years.  But does this give you the self-awareness that you should maybe listen to different sources?  Nope.  Too bad you still can't figure that out.

BTW, no one is "celebrating the non-vaccinated."  I hope and wish they, like you, would stop listening to misinformation and do the simple, safe and cheap thing to keep themselves healthy. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 06:27:31 AM by Clarissa »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2022, 06:54:58 AM »

6 of 10 on the Buffon scale

Think you mailed this effort in a bit.  Disappointing performance for all your fans
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2022, 08:20:27 AM »
just give it some time
This bullsh!t again. What a conspiracy nut.  You told us in October we'd all be hearing about the miraculous curative effects of ivermectin and HCQ "in a couple of months". Where the unnatural carnal knowledge are those studies?

And now "hospitals filling up with adverse vaccine reactions". Surely you have some proof of this, right? The vaccine has been widely distributed for more than a year, one might think there would be some data to show this, right?

What a Buffon.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2022, 08:45:44 AM »
Facebook feeds aren't sources.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2022, 10:27:27 AM »
This bullsh!t again. What a conspiracy nut.  You told us in October we'd all be hearing about the miraculous curative effects of ivermectin and HCQ "in a couple of months". Where the unnatural carnal knowledge are those studies?

And now "hospitals filling up with adverse vaccine reactions". Surely you have some proof of this, right? The vaccine has been widely distributed for more than a year, one might think there would be some data to show this, right?

What a Buffon.

This reminds me of all the “my mom is a nurse and most in hospitals are vaccinated,” posts I’ve seen. Then the stats come out it’s a very small percentage of vaccinated people in ICU’s.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2022, 09:39:49 PM »

That’s Dr. Nutjob Conspiracy Crap, D.D.S., to you, bub.

Jeesh … show a little respect!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2022, 09:08:56 PM »
6 of 10 on the Buffon scale

Think you mailed this effort in a bit.  Disappointing performance for all your fans

He did say he’s heard from people in institutions - I think we all know what institutions he’s talking about.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2022, 07:07:54 AM »
Here's some very good news ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/21/health/covid-vaccine-antibodies-t-cells.html?campaign_id=4&emc=edit_dk_20220222&instance_id=53925&nl=dealbook&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=83531&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

As people across the world grapple with the prospect of living with the coronavirus for the foreseeable future, one question looms large: How soon before they need yet another shot?

Not for many months, and perhaps not for years, according to a flurry of new studies.

Three doses of a Covid vaccine — or even just two — are enough to protect most people from serious illness and death for a long time, the studies suggest.

“We’re starting to see now diminishing returns on the number of additional doses,” said John Wherry, director of the Institute for immunology at the University of Pennsylvania. Although people over 65 or at high risk of illness may benefit from a fourth vaccine dose, it may be unnecessary for most people, he added.

Federal health officials have said they are not planning to recommend fourth doses anytime soon.

The Omicron variant can dodge antibodies — immune molecules that prevent the virus from infecting cells — produced after two doses of a Covid vaccine. But a third shot of the mRNA vaccines made by Pfizer-BioNTech or by Moderna prompts the body to make a much wider variety of antibodies, which would be difficult for any variant of the virus to evade, according to the most recent study, posted online on Tuesday.

The diverse repertoire of antibodies produced should be able to protect people from new variants, even those that differ significantly from the original version of the virus, the study suggests.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2022, 07:25:58 AM »
Sounds like a bad flu, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2022, 07:32:33 AM »
Eventually.   Would have gotten there a lot sooner if everyone had vaccinated instead of making up bullsh!t.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2022, 07:48:39 AM »
The truth is the entire fiasco became political very quickly and sequentially the opportunists saw an opening to pile on. Too bad for those whose lives were severely damaged or ruined, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2022, 08:43:31 AM »
We agree that lives were ruined by listening to opportunists.