[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Marquette at North Carolina  (Read 17091 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Marquette at North Carolina
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2021, 06:55:52 PM »
So you read an article that indicated UNC was open to adding games and wrote a fan fiction about it? Pretty sure I'd trust TAMU here.
No fiction at all. Bill Scholl has been saying publicly ,and privately,  for several years that he wants to get a series with UNC. Scholl is close friends with Bubba Cunningham , because they worked together at ND Sucks. 

In the past Bubba has told Scholl,  Roy has higher priorities than to schedule us. This has been publicly and privately stated.  Now Roy has a priority to have a home game, and we have a priority to fill a spot in our schedule so the suns and moons lined up. 
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

romey

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2021, 08:12:48 PM »
No fiction at all. Bill Scholl has been saying publicly ,and privately,  for several years that he wants to get a series with UNC. Scholl is close friends with Bubba Cunningham , because they worked together at ND Sucks. 

In the past Bubba has told Scholl,  Roy has higher priorities than to schedule us. This has been publicly and privately stated.  Now Roy has a priority to have a home game, and we have a priority to fill a spot in our schedule so the suns and moons lined up.

Sounds like bulletin board material.  Let's do this!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2021, 08:16:27 PM »

So you are reiterating that this is based on old reports and a random article and no actual knowledge? Okay.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2021, 08:18:11 PM »
So you are reiterating that this is based on old reports and a random article and no actual knowledge? Okay.

What Herman is saying isn’t incompatible with what TAMU is saying.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2021, 08:56:51 PM »

And Roy has scheduled an opponent he feels will not deliver his team a loss.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2021, 09:22:54 PM »
What Herman is saying isn’t incompatible with what TAMU is saying.

No it is. He said UNC reached out to Marquette.  I said Marquette reached out to UNC.

Both have been publically stating for awhile that they have been looking for a game. Marquette has been trying to fill this since before the Saint John's game got moved up
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 09:26:45 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2021, 12:46:19 AM »
Without Lewis, I do not see how MU can win this one.

Oh, I agree.  High probability of a loss with or without Lewis.  MU would have to play one of their best games. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2021, 03:29:18 PM »
I just hope that we do as well as we did last time we played UNC.

Oh wait ...

That was a 946-3 loss for our Buzz-coached group -- a team that included one future NBA All-Star, another guy who would become a fine NBA player, and 3 others who would spend time on NBA rosters.

Wait ... I think the Heels just scored on us again.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2021, 03:37:19 PM »

Oh wait ...

That was a 946-3 loss for our Buzz-coached group -- a team that included one future NBA All-Star, another guy who would become a fine NBA player, and 3 others who would spend time on NBA rosters.

I wish I could find Williams' post game interview. His ridiculous explanation something about how "if you leave out 8 minutes of the game we actually won" is forever engrained in my head as the most idiotic excuse I've ever heard.
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2021, 03:45:07 PM »
Have ya herd da won 'bout playas bein' tired too games inta da seesun, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2021, 04:06:39 PM »

Oh wait ...

Next time we play Murray State, I’ll be on the lookout for a similar post from you re: Wojo.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2021, 04:14:49 PM »
Scholl should tell Megan Duffy to pack her bags for Chapel Hill and instruct her to sit right next to Wojo. When he gets his deer in the headlights look (again!), take over.

Yeah, its looking pretty grim. I had my hopes up that Lewis would be playing. Never say never but this is very likely not going to end well. I'm still hoping, or maybe I should say dreaming. Would be so happy to eat crow after an MU upset.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2021, 04:32:42 PM »

Oh wait ...

That was one of the worst game plans ever. Buzz did not want UNC fast breaking on our missed threes, so he told our players not to shoot from the outside. We kept trying to get the ball inside to Otule, who ended up with zero points for the game. UNC turned our turnovers on passes to Otule into fast break points. I can understand Buzz being worried about UNC fast breaking on missed threes, but he missed the obvious point which was the only chance we had to win the game was to make threes. You cannot make threes, if you do not shoot them.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2021, 04:58:05 PM »
That was one of the worst game plans ever. Buzz did not want UNC fast breaking on our missed threes, so he told our players not to shoot from the outside. We kept trying to get the ball inside to Otule, who ended up with zero points for the game. UNC turned our turnovers on passes to Otule into fast break points. I can understand Buzz being worried about UNC fast breaking on missed threes, but he missed the obvious point which was the only chance we had to win the game was to make threes. You cannot make threes, if you do not shoot them.

MU was 2-16 from three in that game with Frozena being one of the makes.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2021, 05:44:06 PM »
Next time we play Murray State, I’ll be on the lookout for a similar post from you re: Wojo.

You don't have to wait ...

I think Ja just scored again!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 05:45:37 PM by MU82 »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2021, 06:01:09 PM »
You don't have to wait ...

I think Ja just scored again!

And Joey got put on another poster.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2021, 07:36:09 PM »

I think that game made Henson a lot of money. Way to go Bucks.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2021, 07:45:35 PM »
That may be the only S16 in MU history where we were a true Cinderella/ didn’t deserve to be there.  Every other year we’ve been favored to advance that far or at least in the convo (6 seed in ‘94 for example).
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2021, 07:55:52 PM »
That may be the only S16 in MU history where we were a true Cinderella/ didn’t deserve to be there.  Every other year we’ve been favored to advance that far or at least in the convo (6 seed in ‘94 for example).

While we were in the Sweet Sixteen convo in 1977, we were underdogs right from the opening round game against Cincinnati. They beat MU in the regular season, and then we stumbled into the dance.

If memory serves, we were underdogs in every game except UNC Charlotte.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2021, 08:14:45 PM »
In ‘77 we finished the regular season 7th in the AP Poll and 14th in the UPI.   

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2021, 08:15:29 PM »
Have ya herd da won 'bout playas bein' tired too games inta da seesun, hey?

See Dodds. That is his go to excuse.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2021, 08:29:01 PM »
In ‘77 we finished the regular season 7th in the AP Poll and 14th in the UPI.

Yes, but despite the rankings, we were firmly on the bubble. In fact, there was speculation that our huge first half at Michigan got us in. And even once we got in, many expected MU to be one and done.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2021, 09:13:40 PM »

Oh wait ...

BW (Before Wojo) it was embarrassing to be a Marquette fan. Nothing worse than getting pounded after reaching the FF, E8 or S16. Now we regularly 965-1 but it’s OK. Wojo’s done for MU basketball what I thought to be impossible: almost nobody knows and even fewer people care. Banner worthy, a’ina?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2021, 09:29:04 PM »

Yes, but despite the rankings, we were firmly on the bubble. In fact, there was speculation that our huge first half at Michigan got us in. And even once we got in, many expected MU to be one and done.

We were #2 in the nation when the season started. We were loaded. The distraction of Al’s retirement hung over that team and it underachieved. We were on the bubble when we went on the road for 5 games to finish the season. After we won the first 4 we were 20-6 and likely in.  After a solid first half at #2 Michigan (I think we were up 5 or 6 at the break) the announcement came.

I’m sure “many” expected us to be one and done, but many more didn’t. We were the clear betting favorite in all of our tournament games except the final vs UNC.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2021, 09:32:03 PM »
BW (Before Wojo) it was embarrassing to be a Marquette fan. Nothing worse than getting pounded after reaching the FF, E8 or S16. Now we regularly 965-1 but it’s OK. Wojo’s done for MU basketball what I thought to be impossible: almost nobody knows and even fewer people care. Banner worthy, a’ina?

Nope. Wojo's gotta go.

feedback