Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Marquette at North Carolina  (Read 17087 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Marquette at North Carolina
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2021, 10:15:14 PM »
We were #2 in the nation when the season started. We were loaded. The distraction of Al’s retirement hung over that team and it underachieved. We were on the bubble when we went on the road for 5 games to finish the season. After we won the first 4 we were 20-6 and likely in.  After a solid first half at #2 Michigan (I think we were up 5 or 6 at the break) the announcement came.

I’m sure “many” expected us to be one and done, but many more didn’t. We were the clear betting favorite in all of our tournament games except the final vs UNC.

I know the history. I was out most of the home games that season and all five of the tournament games. And while you may think we were favored in all but the UNC game, we weren’t.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2021, 07:47:03 AM »
News Observer article: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article249452030.html
Wojo likes the boos
“Obviously, the atmosphere will be much different than what I’m accustomed to in the Dean Dome,” Wojciechowski said. “I’m kind of disappointed I won’t get any boos because that’s what I’m used to when I go over there.”
Wojciechowski will take his new school to see the old while they’re so close. He said the team will stay in Chapel Hill Wednesday night and practice in Cameron Indoor Stadium on Thursday before leaving for UConn.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 07:51:36 AM by Spotcheck Billy »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2021, 07:50:07 AM »
News Observer article: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article249452030.html
Wojo likes the boos“Obviously, the atmosphere will be much different than what I’m accustomed to in the Dean Dome,” Wojciechowski said. “I’m kind of disappointed I won’t get any boos because that’s what I’m used to when I go over there.”
They will practice in Cameron tomorrow before heading to UConnWojciechowski will take his new school to see the old while they’re so close. He said the team will stay in Chapel Hill Wednesday night and practice in Cameron Indoor Stadium on Thursday before leaving for UConn.

Maybe he's got an interview for a assistant coaching job to go to?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2021, 09:43:45 AM »
Wojo likes the boos
“Obviously, the atmosphere will be much different than what I’m accustomed to in the Dean Dome,” Wojciechowski said. “I’m kind of disappointed I won’t get any boos because that’s what I’m used to when I go over there.”
Wojciechowski will take his new school to see the old while they’re so close. He said the team will stay in Chapel Hill Wednesday night and practice in Cameron Indoor Stadium on Thursday before leaving for UConn.

He’s probably gettin’ used to it at Fiserv too, hey?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2021, 09:54:01 AM »
He’s probably gettin’ used to it at Fiserv too, hey?

They reprogrammed the canned fan noise?  ;D

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2021, 10:18:50 AM »
That’s very cool that they are practicing at Cameron. If nothing else, this will be a trip the players can tell their kids and grandkids about. Hopefully the story includes a win.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2021, 10:43:05 AM »
That’s very cool that they are practicing at Cameron. If nothing else, this will be a trip the players can tell their kids and grandkids about. Hopefully the story includes a win.

Better yet, 2, and we fans can start dreaming again. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2021, 10:47:47 AM »
One thing that I don't know that's been mentioned is that the Big East team that North Carolina is most similar to is UConn. They play very similar styles of ball. I wouldn't be surprised if MU targeted North Carolina because it would better prepare them for the game against UConn.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.