[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Where is Marquette? by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Hey its 2021 now guys MLB thread  (Read 179011 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: The Hey its 2021 now guys MLB thread
« Reply #300 on: April 07, 2021, 11:54:52 AM »
So, should the cubbies be mad at Brewers' pitchers for hitting them a couple times?

Being thankful might be a better response. Walks and HBP are their primary ways of getting on base.

It clearly wasn't intentional but I can understand Contreras' frustration after getting hit in the head on Monday.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2021, 11:55:18 AM »
You say you don't care but then process with multi paragraph ramblings in response to everyone else.

We get it.  You think all things St Louis is the cat's ass.  Enjoy your provel.

If someone or some people are going to attribute things to me falsely, I may or may not respond. If someone or some people incorrectly characterize a specific factual situation in a discussion, I may or may not respond.

If someone says they don’t like this or that as a generalized statement, I have less interest.

Again, in scapegoating, tribal group think, anything short of speaking negatively of the scapegoating tribal group target, isn’t sufficient for the tribe.
And incorrect jumps to conclusion occur.

Here you mention provel. It appears that you are referencing a type of cheese that can be found on St. Louis style pizza. (St. Louis style pizza isn’t automatically provel, but it can contain provel). And of course there are a wide variety of types of pizza found there.

I enjoy most/all types of pizza, including provel. But my preference is NYC style pizza, and then New Haven, CT style after that.

Those are personal preferences, not fact based discussions.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #302 on: April 07, 2021, 12:00:56 PM »
If someone or some people are going to attribute things to me falsely, I may or may not respond. If someone or some people incorrectly characterize a specific factual situation in a discussion, I may or may not respond.

If someone says they don’t like this or that as a generalized statement, I have less interest.

Again, in scapegoating, tribal group think, anything short of speaking negatively of the scapegoating tribal group target, isn’t sufficient for the tribe.
And incorrect jumps to conclusion occur.

Here you mention provel. It appears that you are referencing a type of cheese that can be found on St. Louis style pizza. (St. Louis style pizza isn’t automatically provel, but it can contain provel). And of course there are a wide variety of types of pizza found there.

I enjoy most/all types of pizza, including provel. But my preference is NYC style pizza, and then New Haven, CT style after that.

Those are personal preferences, not fact based discussions.

Thanks for proving my point.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #303 on: April 07, 2021, 12:08:54 PM »
I'm starting to get the sense that this is some kind of performance art of leaning into a stereotype so hard it collapses in on itself into a singularity, dragging everyone foolish enough to play along into the black hole that is being created.

Honestly I'm not sure I can imagine the response to the provel thing as being serious. It's absolutely got to be trolling, and the "it appears that you are referencing" writing is so contrived that I think it tips the hand.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #304 on: April 07, 2021, 12:09:13 PM »
Thanks for proving my point.

Sure. Glad to help. Even if you are factually incorrect and misrepresenting my opinions.

Again, anything short of speaking negatively of Yadier Molina or Provel pizza isn’t going to suffice for the tribe when that’s its targets to prop themselves up by putting someone or something else down.

I recognize that’s your thing. It isn’t mine, hence I post differently here.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2021, 12:10:37 PM »
I'm starting to get the sense that this is some kind of performance art of leaning into a stereotype so hard it collapses in on itself into a singularity, dragging everyone foolish enough to play along into the black hole that is being created.

Honestly I'm not sure I can imagine the response to the provel thing as being serious. It's absolutely got to be trolling, and the "it appears that you are referencing" writing is so contrived that I think it tips the hand.

No, it isn’t. I’ve posted here long enough for people to recognize that. But I do appreciate your gaslighting subject change.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2021, 12:11:21 PM »
No, it isn’t. I’ve posted here long enough. I do appreciate your gaslighting subject change.

wut?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2021, 12:13:57 PM »
wut?

The Cardinal Way tm doesn't involve gaslighting.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2021, 12:18:59 PM »
No, it isn’t. I’ve posted here long enough for people to recognize that. But I do appreciate your gaslighting subject change.

Also I really enjoy this.

Me: "Guys, I think shoothoops' posting is so dumb as to be performative trolling"

Shoothoop: IS NOT TROLLING. I MEAN EVERY WORD. I AM DEADLY SERIOUS. LOOK UP MY EXTENSIVE POSTING HISTORY AND YOU SHALL SEE HOW EARNEST I AM IN MY EVERY BELIEF HOW DARE YOU?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2021, 12:53:07 PM »
It clearly wasn't intentional but I can understand Contreras' frustration after getting hit in the head on Monday.

Yeah, my post was tongue-in-cheek.

Seriously, though, shouldn't Rizzo and Contreras expect to be hit more often when then set up so close to the plate?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #310 on: April 07, 2021, 12:57:43 PM »
IF some one tells a person to shoothoops is that akin to shut up and dribble?

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2021, 05:34:33 PM »
I’d also recommend Contreras not throw his elbow into the strike zone if he takes such exception to getting hit.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2021, 06:06:47 PM »
La Russa blows.

What a god awful hire by Reinsdorf.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2021, 06:15:54 PM »
La Russa blows.

What was his BAC this time?

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2021, 09:12:40 PM »
Break up those Redlegs.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #315 on: April 08, 2021, 05:25:08 PM »
I am not just saying this as a deprived Minnesota sports fans.

but for baseball fans in general, please baseball gods let Byron Buxton stay healthy for a season.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #316 on: April 08, 2021, 06:10:12 PM »
Yermin the second coming of David Ortiz? Late bloomer who just rakes. He broke statcast with that 485’ bomb.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #317 on: April 08, 2021, 06:27:59 PM »
Brewers offense appears to suck again.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #318 on: April 08, 2021, 06:42:46 PM »

really bad. Almost cubbies bad.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #319 on: April 09, 2021, 06:17:48 AM »

This is bad for my gamba.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #320 on: April 09, 2021, 07:55:38 AM »
This is ~10 minutes of solid comedy.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/h7dG5HCKeWA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/h7dG5HCKeWA</a>

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #321 on: April 09, 2021, 09:25:46 AM »

As goes Hiura, so goes the Brewers offense.  They're counting on him to take the next step. To have close to enough offense, they need Yelich to be awesome and Hiura to develop into a fringy all star.  The rest of the lineup is just guys.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #322 on: April 09, 2021, 02:42:48 PM »
After 7 games the Brewers are batting .170 as a team.  The only players (with over 4 ABs) hitting over .190 are Yelich, Narvaez, and Shaw. They need the other 5 starters to start hitting at least respectably so they don't waste the great starting pitching that they've been getting.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #323 on: April 09, 2021, 05:50:27 PM »
As goes Hiura, so goes the Brewers offense.  They're counting on him to take the next step. To have close to enough offense, they need Yelich to be awesome and Hiura to develop into a fringy all star.  The rest of the lineup is just guys.

Brewers have destroyed Hiura. He needs to get sent down now. Vogelbach isn't much, but he is world's better than Hiura.

Hiura was a high contact, high average hitter. Brewers decided to make him a power hitter and everything fell apart. Don't know if it is too late for him or not.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #324 on: April 10, 2021, 02:49:39 PM »
deGrom 8 IP 5 H 14 K 1 ER   Loss

feedback