[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by BobWildLoyalist
[Today at 10:36:31 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Hey its 2021 now guys MLB thread  (Read 182392 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: The Hey its 2021 now guys MLB thread
« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2021, 02:00:28 PM »
Imagine thinking the only people who don’t think Molina is the greatest are salty Brewers and Cubs fans  ;D  Cardinal fan delusional condescension is truly unchecked

Tatis’ injury doesn’t look good at all.  Hope early prognosis are more severe than reality, he’s too much fun
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 02:07:13 PM by JWags85 »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2021, 02:36:01 PM »
Imagine thinking the only people who don’t think Molina is the greatest are salty Brewers and Cubs fans  ;D  Cardinal fan delusional condescension is truly unchecked

Tatis’ injury doesn’t look good at all.  Hope early prognosis are more severe than reality, he’s too much fun

No. There was a Cincinnati Reds fan too, which is the origin of the current Molina topic. Someone mentioned the Castellanos incident. I believe even you said, "Flexing was dumb" when another pointed out to you what had exactly happened.

Then the inevitable Molina troll posts follow, as well as Molina isn't this or that. Those posts are often from tribal portions of the Cubs and Brewers fan bases, whose teams have not had as much success historically as Molina and his teams. Many of the non tribal portions of fan bases don't get so easily triggered and bothered and are often indifferent to that.

One could say with the Brewers it didn't exist prior to joining the National League, in particular, the National League Central. But, you'd be surprised how many people never got over 1982 as well.

With the Cubs, well, that goes back a hundred and twenty five years or more.

With you in particular, your tribal scapegoating goes beyond one player or team, to an entire metro area on a regular/frequent basis, and often clouds your objectivity. You are not alone however.

Whatever works. 👍

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2021, 02:38:33 PM »
It's really amazing how the Cardinal fans on this board posses every stereotype generally attributed to Cardinal fans.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #253 on: April 06, 2021, 02:40:14 PM »
It's really amazing how the Cardinal fans on this board posses every stereotype generally attributed to Cardinal fans.

I had to make sure I wasn’t reading @BestFansStLouis.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2021, 02:42:32 PM »

With you in particular, your tribal scapegoating goes beyond one player or team, to an entire metro area on a regular/frequent basis, and often clouds your objectivity. You are not alone however.

Whatever works. 👍

I have nothing, zero, nada against STL.  I chirp about the Cardinals, especially with Dgies, in the past, sure.  I have 2 serious GFs from my 20s who were from STL, one of my closest friends from HS went to SLU, I’ve visited numerous times.  The whole basis for your “tribal scapegoating” claim is cause I have the temerity to push back on your constant defense and know it all attitude about the city.  Whether it be the Moser/Majerus SLU years, or recruiting, or the Cardinals, or food, whatever.  You love it, that’s fine, but you need to prove it and talk down to everyone about it.  Again, no self awareness.

But that’s fine, we humbly bask in your knowledge and anything we disagree with is surely due to a lack of supreme understanding and specific facts which you of course undoubtably possess. Whatever works

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2021, 03:09:47 PM »
I have nothing, zero, nada against STL.  I chirp about the Cardinals, especially with Dgies, in the past, sure.  I have 2 serious GFs from my 20s who were from STL, one of my closest friends from HS went to SLU, I’ve visited numerous times.  The whole basis for your “tribal scapegoating” claim is cause I have the temerity to push back on your constant defense and know it all attitude about the city.  Whether it be the Moser/Majerus SLU years, or recruiting, or the Cardinals, or food, whatever.  You love it, that’s fine, but you need to prove it and talk down to everyone about it.  Again, no self awareness.

But that’s fine, we humbly bask in your knowledge and anything we disagree with is surely due to a lack of supreme understanding and specific facts which you of course undoubtably possess. Whatever works

The St Louis inferiority complex is very strong with many from that city.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2021, 03:13:44 PM »
I stand corrected.  Molina is garbage and definitely couldn’t carry Bench’s jock in the 70’s or today
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #257 on: April 06, 2021, 03:25:59 PM »

Your psychological projection is showing again.

Every situation is a specific, individual situation to be examined separately by itself.

Facts matter. Opinions vary. Facts don't.

I don't care in any way what people's fandoms, likes, dislikes are or aren't.

In the example here, you were incorrect. You also posted incorrectly Moser's role in the other situation you mention in your post here. It was a factual based statement of what he did and didn't do. You were incorrect. You then changed the subject from results and facts to recruiting rankings and I said if recruiting rankings are what you are looking for, to look elsewhere. (We can always walk through the previous exchange if you'd like)

Anyone can have an opinion. If it's fact based, and if it's factually incorrect, it isn't all that surprising someone may point that out to you.

If someone doesn't like someone or something that isn't fact based, you are less likely to see a fact based response from someone else.

You also leap to conclusions that if I don't say something negative about someone or something, that I love it. I don't often post negative things about Chicago or Milwaukee or many other places I've visited or lived either. I have never visited or lived in a perfect place. Every place has good, bad, indifferent things about it. No exceptions. I don't scapegoat people or places. I don't care if that is popular or not. I get it. Marquette isn't the most geographically diverse place, neither is this board. I am not really into group think.

I just saw your post about tennis. I must have missed it the first time. I post for me. I enjoy a wide variety of sports, Men and Women, College and Pro, various levels not just the top ones. If other people join, great, everyone is welcome, if not, that isn't going to change what I post about or the topics. Whether that is all levels of tennis, basketball, soccer, baseball, football, Olympic Sports, etc...much of which I haven't even posted much about here yet.

You also referenced Dgies here. My baseball opinions aren't similar to his (which is fine) . We aren't the same. We don't post the same.

Many threads I don't read that don't interest me.  Some I read but don't post if I have nothing to add. Some I post when I have something to add.

You have a repeated pattern. You even admitted as such in a previous post. Perhaps you don't like being called out on it, which is another thing entirely. You aren't alone 👍

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #258 on: April 06, 2021, 03:34:24 PM »
My God.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2021, 03:55:05 PM »

Your psychological projection is showing again.

Every situation is a specific, individual situation to be examined separately by itself.

Facts matter. Opinions vary. Facts don't.

I don't care in any way what people's fandoms, likes, dislikes are or aren't.

In the example here, you were incorrect. You also posted incorrectly Moser's role in the other situation you mention in your post here. It was a factual based statement of what he did and didn't do. You were incorrect. You then changed the subject from results and facts to recruiting rankings and I said if recruiting rankings are what you are looking for, to look elsewhere. (We can always walk through the previous exchange if you'd like)

Anyone can have an opinion. If it's fact based, and if it's factually incorrect, it isn't all that surprising someone may point that out to you.

If someone doesn't like someone or something that isn't fact based, you are less likely to see a fact based response from someone else.

You also leap to conclusions that if I don't say something negative about someone or something, that I love it. I don't often post negative things about Chicago or Milwaukee or many other places I've visited or lived either. I have never visited or lived in a perfect place. Every place has good, bad, indifferent things about it. No exceptions. I don't scapegoat people or places. I don't care if that is popular or not. I get it. Marquette isn't the most geographically diverse place, neither is this board. I am not really into group think.

I just saw your post about tennis. I must have missed it the first time. I post for me. I enjoy a wide variety of sports, Men and Women, College and Pro, various levels not just the top ones. If other people join, great, everyone is welcome, if not, that isn't going to change what I post about or the topics. Whether that is all levels of tennis, basketball, soccer, baseball, football, Olympic Sports, etc...much of which I haven't even posted much about here yet.

You also referenced Dgies here. My baseball opinions aren't similar to his (which is fine) . We aren't the same. We don't post the same.

Many threads I don't read that don't interest me.  Some I read but don't post if I have nothing to add. Some I post when I have something to add.

You have a repeated pattern. You even admitted as such in a previous post. Perhaps you don't like being called out on it, which is another thing entirely. You aren't alone 👍

The facts show that Bench was better than Molina. End of discussion.

And that's fine! Molina is great.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #260 on: April 06, 2021, 04:11:04 PM »
Molina needs his own thread at this point.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #261 on: April 06, 2021, 04:28:17 PM »
The facts show that Bench was better than Molina. End of discussion.

And that's fine! Molina is great.

Actually, two different types of catchers that didn’t play in the same era. So I can’t make a comparison.  But it’s never been about comparing Bench and Molina.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #262 on: April 06, 2021, 05:32:49 PM »
Molina needs his own thread at this point.

In short hoops honor, we can call it the GOAT thread.  ;D

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #263 on: April 06, 2021, 07:42:02 PM »
For some reason, the Brewers game was only available on the radio with the Cubs broadcast tonight.  Maybe due to announcers not traveling?

Either way, I haven't heard a Cubs radio broadcast in years, well before Santo retired.  Pat Hughes is really, really gotten dull and the color guy fluctuated between light grey, dark grey and beige.

Makes one really appreciate Uek's call, and Levering and Grindle too.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #264 on: April 06, 2021, 07:50:33 PM »
No. There was a Cincinnati Reds fan too, which is the origin of the current Molina topic. Someone mentioned the Castellanos incident. I believe even you said, "Flexing was dumb" when another pointed out to you what had exactly happened.

Then the inevitable Molina troll posts follow, as well as Molina isn't this or that. Those posts are often from tribal portions of the Cubs and Brewers fan bases, whose teams have not had as much success historically as Molina and his teams. Many of the non tribal portions of fan bases don't get so easily triggered and bothered and are often indifferent to that.

One could say with the Brewers it didn't exist prior to joining the National League, in particular, the National League Central. But, you'd be surprised how many people never got over 1982 as well.

With the Cubs, well, that goes back a hundred and twenty five years or more.

Whatever works. 👍

Want to translate this from Redbird into English?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #265 on: April 06, 2021, 08:22:47 PM »
Actually, two different types of catchers that didn’t play in the same era. So I can’t make a comparison.  But it’s never been about comparing Bench and Molina.

So one can’t say that Henry Aaron was better than Randall Grichuk because they’re “different types of outfielders that didn’t play in the same era”? Stop it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #266 on: April 06, 2021, 08:42:17 PM »
Pitch framing is baseball’s version of flopping. Molina is Brad Davison.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #267 on: April 06, 2021, 09:55:16 PM »
Pitch framing is baseball’s version of flopping. Molina is Brad Davison.

I was watching a game today and the catcher was trying to frame pitches that were a foot outside. It has gotten really silly.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #268 on: April 06, 2021, 10:17:00 PM »
I want Nick Madrigal off my baseball team, like right now. I can’t take it anymore. I don’t care if he hits .350 with all his hits being single, I can’t do this anymore with his horrendous defense and terrible base running.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #269 on: April 06, 2021, 10:19:02 PM »

I was watching a game today and the catcher was trying to frame pitches that were a foot outside. It has gotten really silly.

I umpire youth baseball. 10-year-old catchers try it, and it's often quite comical.

Last year, one kid was doing it on every single pitch, even those WAY outside the zone. At one point, with a runner on third, he tried it so forcefully that as he pulled the ball back toward the plate, it went flying out of his glove and went about 20 feet away ... and the runner scored from third base.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #270 on: April 06, 2021, 10:28:25 PM »
So one can’t say that Henry Aaron was better than Randall Grichuk because they’re “different types of outfielders that didn’t play in the same era”? Stop it.

This is disingenuous.

The best or one of the best teams or players of an era can be compared to another team or player that is considered the best or among the best of that same era.

Here your example tries to take a player who is one of the best of his era, and compare him to a player that is not considered one of the best a different era.

Whether it is baseball, basketball, any sport, team or individual, it isn't any different.

I don't believe in the term goat either. There is no such thing. All players, can't play in all eras, under all circumstances. The best or one of thr best teams or players of an era can be considered an all time great, or one of the all time greats, but that is as far as ot can go.

It's plenty good enough to say a specific player or team is the best or one of the best of his their era.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #271 on: April 06, 2021, 10:29:59 PM »
Want to translate this from Redbird into English?

Sure. You are a tribal Reds fan, whose first comment in this recent topic was factually incorrect.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 10:34:34 PM by shoothoops »

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #272 on: April 06, 2021, 11:10:54 PM »
Nm
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 12:25:58 AM by buckchuckler »

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #273 on: April 07, 2021, 05:37:10 AM »

I think it’s starting to cost them more strikes than it’s giving. I’ve seen handfuls of pitches that if the top or side of the strike zone but catcher moves it all the way to middle of the strike zone. If he’s moving the glove that much they’re not going to give him the strike.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #274 on: April 07, 2021, 06:38:17 AM »
Nm, can’t get pic to embed from my phone
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 06:40:15 AM by jficke13 »