'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:20:49 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 07:13:08 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:13:05 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 4everwarriors greatest hits  (Read 25399 times)

The Big East

• All American
Re: 4everwarriors greatest hits
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2020, 06:33:50 PM »
Thank you, thank you Rocky for elevating me to Rock Star Status. I would expect nothing else from a fellow MU band alum. You did some homework and dug up my quotes, but neglected a post from about a week ago where I commented that MU wins the next 2 games (OSU, UW). As for last night's game, I had a prior commitment and was only able to watch about 5 minutes at the beginning of the second half. That's when my only post of the game showed up. Props to Woj, staff, and players on a job well done.
Never, and I mean never, make the mistake of questioning my love and allegiance to Marquette University and our basketball program. The University means the world to me and has been at the forefront of my professional and personal growth. I truly cherish the friends I've made on this board and the common bond we share.
Wojo's country club demeanor is not my style, nor are soft players. I prefer alley cat, street fighter types. For the record, I rarely criticize a player. They are, technically not professionals, though the coach is and as such, should be held accountable.  Hopefully, this is the season that we turn the corner. However, I question MU's commitment to the program.
Lastly, for those of you who don't dig my chit, so be it. It happens, hey? You'll never change my mind, nor will I yours. I will ask that each of you keep one fundamental principle in mind, if that's what you truly believe....Hate Has No Home Here, aina?
I agree with this analysis.

panda

• All American
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2020, 07:11:32 PM »
Real men don’t need to brag about eating meat...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2020, 07:30:29 PM »
Real men don’t need to brag about eating meat...

Uh oh. You’ve done it now. Rocket may challenge you to a push-up contest! And Keefer will tell you about his 30 mile hike up a mountain while wearing a 50 lb. backpack. Keep in mind, and the meat eaters have come out in flock to confirm, Keefer makes Theo John look like a twig! You’re toast buddy. Toast!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2020, 07:39:16 PM »
BLM

Just curious, do you know how many scoopers are part of the MS? For the record, you might be surprised by the number of the club. In addition, the diversity of the group. What makes it special, multiple people have traveled many hours to break bread with the group. Some traveled a long way to simply to have dinner and meet people they have only known via a ball site.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 07:42:19 PM by Goose »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2020, 07:52:43 PM »
Uh oh. You’ve done it now. Rocket may challenge you to a push-up contest! And Keefer will tell you about his 30 mile hike up a mountain while wearing a 50 lb. backpack. Keep in mind, and the meat eaters have come out in flock to confirm, Keefer makes Theo John look like a twig! You’re toast buddy. Toast!

The pushup line is from our senile president elect.  I would have thought a limousine liberal such as yourself would recognize that line as Joe's bravado.

Keefe does make theo look like a twig, fwiw.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2020, 08:24:36 PM »
BLM

Just curious, do you know how many scoopers are part of the MS? For the record, you might be surprised by the number of the club. In addition, the diversity of the group. What makes it special, multiple people have traveled many hours to break bread with the group. Some traveled a long way to simply to have dinner and meet people they have only known via a ball site.

I don’t want to speak for wades, but I don’t give a sh*t.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2020, 08:29:18 PM »
Funny coming from Fluffy BM, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2020, 08:35:55 PM »
Many beers early, much bourbon late.

Just a fantastic night. So much fun.

Lens

+1 - I haven’t enjoyed an MU win that much since our E8 run. Think we’re really going to enjoy Justin Lewis!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2020, 08:37:03 PM »
So here's what I got out of this:

rocky: 4ever, you posted some crap.  Any comments?

lots of people: rocky, how dare you pick on 4ever!  You should be better!

4ever:  I barely even watched the game.  But I'm the biggest MU supported ever, don't ever question that!

bma:  I'm back!

meat bros: YEEEAAAHHH!  4ever is our man.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2020, 08:42:24 PM »

4ever:  I barely even watched the game.  But I'm the biggest MU supported ever, don't ever question that!

Meat eaters, is it like a circle? Or just kinda pod off into groups?

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2020, 08:55:45 PM »
When wuz forever ever happy.  Details puhllleze. Or, dat  wuz summing dat neva wuz. I be fused by all dat dental stuff.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2020, 09:13:25 PM »
BLM

*yawn*

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2020, 09:35:41 PM »

Lol

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2020, 09:36:20 PM »
BLM

Appreciate the history lesson.  I can only dream of being part of such an elite group of individuals.  Maybe in another life.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2020, 10:00:52 PM »
The pushup line is from our senile president elect.  I would have thought a limousine liberal such as yourself would recognize that line as Joe's bravado.

The irony went right over his head, Ziggy.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2020, 10:02:32 PM »
green weenies, aina.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2020, 10:13:08 PM »
This has been a very entertaining thread.

1. Thank you, Rocky, for your patience.

2. BLM, there’s only one “quality” we are lacking to be part of the meat pullers summit.      Considering those of us who aren’t, it’s pretty easy to figure out what it is.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2020, 10:14:38 PM »
Lenny

First, congrats on the win last night. I thought of you immediately after the ball went in the hoop. It was a great win and hopefully a start of something. Not sure if you or the other old guys agree or not, but my whole reason for preaching my stance on here is because I want the "younger" folks to have a long list of memories like last night. We all were spoiled and agree that was a once in lifetime era for MU ball. That said, it does not mean that a new once in a lifetime MU program cannot happen again.

I have celebrated every big MU win for 50 years and proud of that. Beating UW, especially highly ranked Bucky, is always a highlight of a season. It is funny, but the young folks on here often highlight their memories of big MU wins in a similar way to the old guys talking big wins. Have heard about the Vander shots to win games, Novak delivering in the clutch and Dwade taking the boys to the FF and I love hearing all of those stories. Everyone on here wants MU to create a lifelong memories and having a longer lifetime of memories is not a crime.

Sadly, this board has become much more than about MU ball. Politics, covid, BLM and other issues have jaded folks on here. I post on very few topics because I try to only comment on topics I can bring some insight or experience. I soured on here because two topics, outside of MU ball, I could bring insight to saw my comments completely ignored or dismissed. The HK protests and beginning of covid economy are topics I would challenge anyone to a debate on, yet some posters who could not find HK on a map became the experts.

Not that I give a crap, and I do not, but I posted in early Feb on the Covid situation and potential challenges on the economy and it was completely dismissed because "experts" joined the conversation. I used to read non ball topics in attempt to learn something I did not know and have stopped doing so. Too many on here believe they are experts and have no need to learn from others, unless it is something adding positive re-enforcement to their narrative.

I always laugh when idiots on here call me a boomer, because I am not sure I am old enough to be a boomer, but that is what my kids call me whenever I bulk up a little bit or a lot. It has always been a reminder to get on the treadmill or buy bigger pants. I like to think I am one year too young to be a "boomer" and will take that to my grave, but if I am a "boomer" not sure how that should be a negative against me. I truly hope all the young folks have parents that are still alive and they refrain from being negative to them because they have a longer list of memories to share.

Goose

Thanks for the shoutout. Your post hits every note - this board sorely misses your insights on MU basketball and the world we inhabit.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2020, 10:31:36 PM »

Rocky

Interesting what you “got out of this thread”.

Interesting, too, what you missed.

Lots of people: 4ever is a douche. 4ever is a miserable bastard. 4ever is moronic. 4ever is pathetic. 4ever is an idiot. 4ever actively cheers for MU to lose. 4ever is a tool. Screw 4 ever. Etc., etc.

Probably just a coincidence.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2020, 10:53:22 PM »

Not quite. Turns out Juno had the right idea all those years ago.  When a fan forum is actively harming the team you supposedly care about...maybe it is time to shut it down.

That won't happen, so see y'all in 2030 I guess.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2020, 11:56:38 PM »
Rocky
Lots of people: 4ever is a douche. 4ever is a miserable bastard. 4ever is moronic. 4ever is pathetic. 4ever is an idiot. 4ever actively cheers for MU to lose. 4ever is a tool. Screw 4 ever. Etc., etc.
Wonder why that would be.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Autoengineer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2020, 01:25:53 AM »
This is a good thread for me to ask...wth does “Aina” mean?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2020, 01:39:44 AM »
Example, Galway and I are on opposite spectrums but we have a little something in common and we have pm’d about it and it’s cool.  On the board, I will occasionally engage him, but with a little more respect cuz he seems like a pretty cool dude who just sees things a,little different than I.

Just going to back Rocket up on this and his larger post's general point. The only poster I absolutely disdain and wouldn't ever grab a beer with is Chico's, There's not another poster here, who went to Marquette (Ahem, Guru) I wouldn't grab a beer with and try to understand their take on MU hoops, life, work, etc.

Rocket happy to get you a NA beer at the Landing or the Blue Moon any day (that I'm not hungover)
Maigh Eo for Sam

Goose

• All American
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2020, 05:37:20 AM »
Galway

There is very few folks on here that I would not have a beer with and talk MU ball. Over the years I have met quite a few and every time a laugh was shared. The common thread on here is that we all love MU ball and other stuff is just other stuff to me.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2020, 07:45:41 AM »
Just going to back Rocket up on this and his larger post's general point. The only poster I absolutely disdain and wouldn't ever grab a beer with is Chico's, There's not another poster here, who went to Marquette (Ahem, Guru) I wouldn't grab a beer with and try to understand their take on MU hoops, life, work, etc.

Rocket happy to get you a NA beer at the Landing or the Blue Moon any day (that I'm not hungover)

yo eagle-cliffords might be cobwebs and cockroaches but the dockside across the street and now my lil sisters brew pub on the square are open for business and bullschnitting.  let me know when you are in town and we could clink schooners
don't...don't don't don't don't