[Today at 07:04:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by NickelDimer
[Today at 07:02:50 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 4everwarriors greatest hits  (Read 24600 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: 4everwarriors greatest hits
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2020, 07:19:02 AM »
Seems like a miserable bastard to me. Probably is. Poor chap.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2020, 07:26:03 AM »
rocky

It was a huge win and I celebrated big time. Latest I have stayed up in 2020 and had a lot of old MU friends reaching out about the victory. It was very nice to talk MU ball in a 100% positive tone with people I have shared a lot of MU wins with over the years. Winning cures a lot of ailments and it was a big time win last night.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2020, 07:42:07 AM »
Nope. And I didn't think you meant anything evil by it, Tony. But it's probably not the best metaphor to use in this day and age -- or any day and age, really.

Only my opinion, of course. Maybe others love metaphors that invoke images of the kind of horrific violence Black folks faced in America for generations.

Mike,

I’m (as you well know) old. My first exposure to a “lynch mob” was reading a short story in 8th grade called “The Ox Bow Incident”, a cautionary tale about rushing to judgement. Race had nothing to do with it, it was simply a story about mob mentality and the injustice it can engender. It struck a chord with me, as did numerous movies/TV shows, books and plays like 12 Angry Men.

Sometimes words/terms have more than one meaning and require the reader to view them in context. That’s another thing in short supply here sometimes. If you are unable to do that regarding the term “lynch mob” I apologize for triggering and offending you. It was certainly not my intent.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2020, 07:54:25 AM »
I thought the meat eaters started their own board?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2020, 08:02:32 AM »
I feel like there are a lot of anti-dentite bastards on this board.
If the dentists on Scoop are remotely representative of the broader profession, I am firmly in the anti-dentite camp.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2020, 08:05:02 AM »
Mike,

I’m (as you well know) old. My first exposure to a “lynch mob” was reading a short story in 8th grade called “The Ox Bow Incident”, a cautionary tale about rushing to judgement. Race had nothing to do with it, it was simply a story about mob mentality and the injustice it can engender. It struck a chord with me, as did numerous movies/TV shows, books and plays like 12 Angry Men.

Sometimes words/terms have more than one meaning and require the reader to view them in context. That’s another thing in short supply here sometimes. If you are unable to do that regarding the term “lynch mob” I apologize for triggering and offending you. It was certainly not my intent.

Come on Lenny, sounds likes it’s about time for your 6 month indoctrination refresher course.  A lot has changed since the rioting, umm, I mean protesting since last spring.  When in doubt, just figure you’re a racist, therefore, you need help.  You’ll make so many more friends here too ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2020, 08:11:44 AM »
I'm late to the party  reading this thread, but I can't believe it was started, by a mod no less, and not locked immediately.  If one poster (not a mod) started a thread belittling, making fun of or ripping on another poster, would the mods not lock it up?  Asking for a friend......

PS...that Justin Lewis is gonna be good! Go Warriors
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2020, 08:18:49 AM »
If the dentists on Scoop are remotely representative of the broader profession, I am firmly in the anti-dentite camp.

Ya see atl MU...you should know better from an anonymous msg board, you aren’t getting an iota of what any of the people on this board are like. If you think you know who we are, I feel sorry for you. Example, Galway and I are on opposite spectrums but we have a little something in common and we have pm’d about it and it’s cool.  On the board, I will occasionally engage him, but with a little more respect cuz he seems like a pretty cool dude who just sees things a,little different than I. There are times I think sitting down with sully over a stiff NA beer might be enlightening to see how each other ticks for example

But to broad brush someone based on a couple posts is your potential loss.  Another example, Lenny and I used to get after it, then I met the guy and holy schnitzel, what a fun/funny well rounded guy he didn’t become,
but,was,always like that.  I just had to discover it for myself

So maybe your comment was part in jest?  Cool, but just remember many of the guys here are actually pretty cool. I think the “other ones” speak for themselves

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2020, 08:18:54 AM »
So many little children emotionally here. They can’t handle someone who has opinions different from their own, so naturally take a great win over our hated  rival to target one of the posters here who really gets under their skin. Stay classy. And grow up and get a life while you’re at it. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2020, 08:20:57 AM »
I'm late to the party  reading this thread, but I can't believe it was started, by a mod no less, and not locked immediately.  If one poster (not a mod) started a thread belittling, making fun of or ripping on another poster, would the mods not lock it up?  Asking for a friend......

PS...that Justin Lewis is gonna be good! Go Warriors

This too exactly.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2020, 08:22:13 AM »
Lenny

First, congrats on the win last night. I thought of you immediately after the ball went in the hoop. It was a great win and hopefully a start of something. Not sure if you or the other old guys agree or not, but my whole reason for preaching my stance on here is because I want the "younger" folks to have a long list of memories like last night. We all were spoiled and agree that was a once in lifetime era for MU ball. That said, it does not mean that a new once in a lifetime MU program cannot happen again.

I have celebrated every big MU win for 50 years and proud of that. Beating UW, especially highly ranked Bucky, is always a highlight of a season. It is funny, but the young folks on here often highlight their memories of big MU wins in a similar way to the old guys talking big wins. Have heard about the Vander shots to win games, Novak delivering in the clutch and Dwade taking the boys to the FF and I love hearing all of those stories. Everyone on here wants MU to create a lifelong memories and having a longer lifetime of memories is not a crime.

Sadly, this board has become much more than about MU ball. Politics, covid, BLM and other issues have jaded folks on here. I post on very few topics because I try to only comment on topics I can bring some insight or experience. I soured on here because two topics, outside of MU ball, I could bring insight to saw my comments completely ignored or dismissed. The HK protests and beginning of covid economy are topics I would challenge anyone to a debate on, yet some posters who could not find HK on a map became the experts.

Not that I give a crap, and I do not, but I posted in early Feb on the Covid situation and potential challenges on the economy and it was completely dismissed because "experts" joined the conversation. I used to read non ball topics in attempt to learn something I did not know and have stopped doing so. Too many on here believe they are experts and have no need to learn from others, unless it is something adding positive re-enforcement to their narrative.

I always laugh when idiots on here call me a boomer, because I am not sure I am old enough to be a boomer, but that is what my kids call me whenever I bulk up a little bit or a lot. It has always been a reminder to get on the treadmill or buy bigger pants. I like to think I am one year too young to be a "boomer" and will take that to my grave, but if I am a "boomer" not sure how that should be a negative against me. I truly hope all the young folks have parents that are still alive and they refrain from being negative to them because they have a longer list of memories to share.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:24:03 AM by Goose »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2020, 08:22:59 AM »
Ya see atl MU...you should know better from an anonymous msg board, you aren’t getting an iota of what any of the people on this board are like. If you think you know who we are, I feel sorry for you. Example, Galway and I are on opposite spectrums but we have a little something in common and we have pm’d about it and it’s cool.  On the board, I will occasionally engage him, but with a little more respect cuz he seems like a pretty cool dude who just sees things a,little different than I. There are times I think sitting down with sully over a stiff NA beer might be enlightening to see how each other ticks for example

But to broad brush someone based on a couple posts is your potential loss.  Another example, Lenny and I used to get after it, then I met the guy and holy schnitzel, what a fun/funny well rounded guy he didn’t become,
but,was,always like that.  I just had to discover it for myself

So maybe your comment was part in jest?  Cool, but just remember many of the guys here are actually pretty cool. I think the “other ones” speak for themselves
It was entirely in jest.  Of course.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2020, 08:49:11 AM »
Oh, never mind.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:55:27 AM by Pakuni »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2020, 08:51:15 AM »
This thread is making me thirsty
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2020, 08:59:50 AM »
So many little children emotionally here. They can’t handle someone who has opinions different from their own, so naturally take a great win over our hated  rival to target one of the posters here who really gets under their skin. Stay classy. And grow up and get a life while you’re at it.
It's true we have different opinions. I, for example, don't actively cheer for Marquette to lose. Neither do I react gleefully when we miss out on a recruit. Nor do I belittle  the recruits that do choose to come here, including 4-stars like Lewis.

I also don't have a schtick that not even a 3rd grader would find interesting, but that is why the ignore button is so awesome.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2020, 09:00:13 AM »
Thank you, thank you Rocky for elevating me to Rock Star Status. I would expect nothing else from a fellow MU band alum. You did some homework and dug up my quotes, but neglected a post from about a week ago where I commented that MU wins the next 2 games (OSU, UW). As for last night's game, I had a prior commitment and was only able to watch about 5 minutes at the beginning of the second half. That's when my only post of the game showed up. Props to Woj, staff, and players on a job well done.
Never, and I mean never, make the mistake of questioning my love and allegiance to Marquette University and our basketball program. The University means the world to me and has been at the forefront of my professional and personal growth. I truly cherish the friends I've made on this board and the common bond we share.
Wojo's country club demeanor is not my style, nor are soft players. I prefer alley cat, street fighter types. For the record, I rarely criticize a player. They are, technically not professionals, though the coach is and as such, should be held accountable.  Hopefully, this is the season that we turn the corner. However, I question MU's commitment to the program.
Lastly, for those of you who don't dig my chit, so be it. It happens, hey? You'll never change my mind, nor will I yours. I will ask that each of you keep one fundamental principle in mind, if that's what you truly believe....Hate Has No Home Here, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2020, 09:05:44 AM »
Thank you, thank you Rocky for elevating me to Rock Star Status. I would expect nothing else from a fellow MU band alum. You did some homework and dug up my quotes, but neglected a post from about a week ago where I commented that MU wins the next 2 games (OSU, UW). As for last night's game, I had a prior commitment and was only able to watch about 5 minutes at the beginning of the second half. That's when my only post of the game showed up. Props to Woj, staff, and players on a job well done.
Never, and I mean never, make the mistake of questioning my love and allegiance to Marquette University and our basketball program. The University means the world to me and has been at the forefront of my professional and personal growth. I truly cherish the friends I've made on this board and the common bond we share.
Wojo's country club demeanor is not my style, nor are soft players. I prefer alley cat, street fighter types. For the record, I rarely criticize a player. They are, technically not professionals, though the coach is and as such, should be held accountable.  Hopefully, this is the season that we turn the corner. However, I question MU's commitment to the program.
Lastly, for those of you who don't dig my chit, so be it. It happens, hey? You'll never change my mind, nor will I yours. I will ask that each of you keep one fundamental principle in mind, if that's what you truly believe....Hate Has No Home Here, aina?

Good post, Doc. We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2020, 09:08:51 AM »
S  U   P   E   R   B   A   R

MU82

• All American
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2020, 09:21:23 AM »
Mike,

PMed you.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2020, 09:38:45 AM »
Ok so we all had a few celebratory drinks and then had the I love guys before this brawl broke out. Let's go back to the standard b*tching aviut each other as nojo/projo, left/right, meat eaters or not. As opposed to picking on a poster or two when we've all got stupid posts that make us look bad
Maigh Eo for Sam

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2020, 09:43:18 AM »
Interesting, I think Wojo's background is pretty similar to a lot of our own and of Marquette.  Duke being a Christian based private school in a historically blue collar city of Durham.  Went to a Catholic HS in Baltimore.   

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2020, 10:18:57 AM »

Agreed.

Unless it's the program or the coach or the players or the recruits.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2020, 10:25:25 AM »
Agreed.

Unless it's the program or the coach or the players or the recruits.

Right, no dissent allowed here

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2020, 10:32:59 AM »

after i disseminated and translated this...u da fookin man der eyn'a hey.  your lovely bride of more years than most must have been the writer in the family ;D  doc, you're better than most...better than most...BETTER THAN MOST

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2020, 10:46:59 AM »
Right, no dissent allowed here

Ya ... that's not what I was going for

feedback