[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 4everwarriors greatest hits  (Read 25472 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: 4everwarriors greatest hits
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2020, 12:09:12 PM »
I probably played close to 60 rounds this year.    And I may not be done.     If I kept an official handicap, it would be mid-single digits, as I played fairly well this year.   So well that I was seriously thinking before I got hit with COVID to try some courses at 7,000 yards just to see what would happen.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2020, 12:15:49 PM »
You are correct that there were several other posts attacking 4ever, and I do take the blame for starting a thread in which that happened.  I never actually attacked him, if you read just my posts. 

Some days I wish we could all get along.  There is a fair bit of playful arguments here (and you participate in that frequently!).   Many disagreements cross the line too - and we do a poor job moderating that.  Though while it's not an excuse, many of the arguments that cross the line is because one or multiple parties are being openly antagonistic.

At least most of us love MU and/or MU hoops, and that brings us together.

Thanks for this post, Rocky. Agree 100%. And for the times I’m that antagonistic guy, my apologies.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2020, 12:16:16 PM »
Everything? LOL.

Blatant lie that you know is a lie.

Clearly hyperbole.  But if you want to call it a “lie” go right ahead.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2020, 12:18:15 PM »
Superstar Status now! Thanks y'all. Allow me to jump in here for a bit of clarification. My dissatisfaction of the program and recruiting has absolutely nothing to do with any of the individuals involved, except the head coach. He's a highly paid professional who will be and should be judged on his record. Given the resources at his disposal, I'd say he grades out at D+ thus far. But, the final chapter has yet to be written.
I have higher expectations than most posters here. Damn right it pisses me off when he "settles" for 3 and 4 star recruits. Its not the players fault that they grade out at that level. And the disappointment is not aimed at them. Yes, Woj and staff have discovered a few diamonds in the rough. But, overall, I'd say player development, is below average. Therefore, he needs to reel in top recruits or we're destined to finish 6th in the BE, aka not good enough. The green weenie is awarded for failure. Not because I wish him to fail, but because confidence is lacking that he will succeed.
As for y'all's criticism of me, as was stated above, I'm a big boy and can take it. So, bring it, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2020, 12:25:47 PM »
Tower

Very nice. I just checked and about 75% of my rounds were played at 6759. Too stupid not to move a tee box at my normal course, but have learned to move a tee box at the big boy courses in WI. Ironically, the past few years my best rounds have been at Kohler course, Erin Hills or Cog Hill. Play those I am guessing at the 6400-6500 and that few yards obviously makes a difference for me. Other factor, I am usually better prepared or rested when i shell out more money.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2020, 12:26:40 PM »
We must not be reading the same 4ever posts. I have no idea if he's happy about losing recruits or cheers against Marquette ... that's something only he knows. But his recent posting history includes belittling comments about MU recruits, gleeful responses to recruiting losses and derogatory comments about Marquette personnel that have nothing to do with their job performance.
And that's not my opinion. It's a fact.
4ever the real person may very well be a loyal and dedicated Marquette fan. But 4ever the Scooop persona? Not so much. And if he wants to be that troll, then he (and the rest of the sweater vesters who feel the need to defend an internet character) shouldn't be shocked and offended by some occasional blowback. Given his response here, he's a big boy who can take it.

Gleeful responses to recruiting losses? Saying we got the green weenie or some such thing is “gleeful”? And that’s a “fact”, not an opinion? Couldn’t disagree more.

As for your “rest of the sweater vesters” comment, just who are you talking about?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 12:40:27 PM by Lennys Tap »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2020, 12:30:38 PM »
Tower

Very nice. I just checked and about 75% of my rounds were played at 6759. Too stupid not to move a tee box at my normal course, but have learned to move a tee box at the big boy courses in WI. Ironically, the past few years my best rounds have been at Kohler course, Erin Hills or Cog Hill. Play those I am guessing at the 6400-6500 and that few yards obviously makes a difference for me. Other factor, I am usually better prepared or rested when i shell out more money.

I quit playing courses at 7k when I turned 50.    54 now.   Found a driver that actually did add 15-20 yards when well struck.    Longest I played a course this year was 6800.     The vast majority of my rounds were played in the 6300-6600 yard range.     More rounds under par than over 85.      Vast majority in the mid to high 70's.

Played a round in Myrtle Beach.   Other than that, all Michigan.    Really only played one new (to me) resort.  Forest Dunes and the Loop.     HIGHLY recommend the Loop, both directions.   Forest Dunes is nice, but feels like generic northern Michigan.    The Loop is special.   
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 12:33:39 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #207 on: December 06, 2020, 12:34:40 PM »
Impressive, Tower. My length of the tee is still pretty good but lost distance on irons. Playing with older technology and not the right irons. Have been to cheap to pony up for new sticks, but think I will this winter. Have a trip to FL (fingers crossed) for six days of golf in Feb and want to start the year off strong.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #208 on: December 06, 2020, 12:35:23 PM »
4ever

Can’t you see we are talking golf here?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2020, 12:37:22 PM »
I still hit most of my irons the same distances I did 30 years ago.    8 iron-150, etc.    For me, the lost length is driver and 3-wood.     I miss winning long drive contests.    I miss reaching par 5's in two.   Driving short par 4's.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #210 on: December 06, 2020, 12:38:09 PM »
Tower

Did you play at MU?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #211 on: December 06, 2020, 12:39:33 PM »
No.   I didn't break 90 until I was 25.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2020, 12:43:54 PM »
I probably played close to 60 rounds this year.    And I may not be done.     If I kept an official handicap, it would be mid-single digits, as I played fairly well this year.   So well that I was seriously thinking before I got hit with COVID to try some courses at 7,000 yards just to see what would happen.   
Tower:
Next season go to a course called Lincoln Hills Golf Club. It is located in Ludington right on the Lake. The course, built in 1920, from the tips is 6534,however very challenging lots of sand, tricky doglegs and wind coming off Lake Michigan ( slope rating 136). They have a great dining room with view of Lake Michigan for after the round. It is semi private so you can get on the course without membership. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2020, 12:47:50 PM »

Tip of the hat, Tower - you’re clearly a very good player.

Question: how come you don’t keep an official handicap?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2020, 12:48:23 PM »
Too much of an underachiever.   Too many rounds playing alone. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #215 on: December 06, 2020, 12:50:12 PM »
No.   I didn't break 90 until I was 25.

That wasn't just your 3rd Jr year? :)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2020, 12:51:22 PM »
Lack of S16's.

Jockey

Just curious, how do you know how I feel or live my life politically or social justice wise? While, I am a Republican, I do not think I have ever posted a word on here regarding politics or social issues. That is the bias I think Lenny is talking about in some of his comments.

Goose

Just a guess based on what you post. While I don't remember a political post by you - your posts seem to illustrate a conservative (not in a political sense) approach to life in general. I think this is borne out when you state in your post that you are a republican.

But, in the only thing that matters here, we agree close to 100% of the time.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2020, 12:51:49 PM »
That wasn't just your 3rd Jr year? :)
Hah.    No, I was done in 4 years.   

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2020, 12:54:19 PM »
4ever isn’t even in the team picture of douche bags on this board. And the picture requires a wide angle lens!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2020, 12:55:11 PM »
Have a trip to FL (fingers crossed) for six days of golf in Feb and want to start the year off strong.

Where in Florida, Goose? If you’re in or near Naples I see a complimentary round at Bear’s Paw in your future!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #220 on: December 06, 2020, 01:01:17 PM »
Lenny

Naples it is. Staying at Lely. Will let you know dates when finalized. Would love to tee it up with you.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #221 on: December 06, 2020, 01:02:36 PM »
PRN

No crap.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #222 on: December 06, 2020, 01:15:14 PM »
Lenny

Naples it is. Staying at Lely. Will let you know dates when finalized. Would love to tee it up with you.

Perfect

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #223 on: December 06, 2020, 01:25:42 PM »
Sweatervests: How anyone can attack 4ever without having ever met him and only knowing his Scoop persona is wrong and embarrassing!
Also sweatervests: We’d need a wide angle camera to get all the douchebags on Scoop into a photo together!

Good stuff.

edit: leave politics out of it. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 01:46:26 PM by rocky_warrior »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #224 on: December 06, 2020, 01:27:15 PM »
Your bias is showing.