[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 19320 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Christmas
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2020, 03:53:50 PM »
Merry Christmas all!

Felt weird dropping of food at my mom's.  She doesn't want to risk coming over to our house for dinner despite no one else coming.

Yep. My wife and her sister have been dropping off food at their parents' house since March. Their dad is 90 with chronic respiratory issues, and their mom is 80 with HBP, so they'll be doing Christmas alone like they did Thanksgiving.

The only saving grace is that they will both be eligible to get their vaccines soon.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2020, 06:48:28 PM »
I just had to setup the zoom meeting with my parents for tomorrow.  It will be the first time in my many years on this Earth that I'm not with them on Christmas :(.  I know it makes the most sense to not see them now but it still stinks.  My youngest daughter's quarantine ends tomorrow which was a good reminder that it was good we weren't planning on traveling anywhere for the holiday (she never exhibited any symptoms though thankfully).

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2020, 07:00:52 PM »
I just had to setup the zoom meeting with my parents for tomorrow.  It will be the first time in my many years on this Earth that I'm not with them on Christmas :(.  I know it makes the most sense to not see them now but it still stinks.  My youngest daughter's quarantine ends tomorrow which was a good reminder that it was good we weren't planning on traveling anywhere for the holiday (she never exhibited any symptoms though thankfully).

Glad your daughter got through it without symptoms.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2020, 05:26:12 AM »
Sir

Larry Christmas to you and your gang!!

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2020, 07:21:37 AM »

Glad your daughter got through it without symptoms.

Thank you - I wasn't all that worried but you never know of course and there was a kid in her class who tested positive for Covid.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2020, 09:26:22 AM »
Sign of the times ...
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2020, 10:32:03 AM »
Sign of the times ...

I have a friend who sends Christmas cookies to family and friends every year. This year, she added a note assuring everyone that she washed her hands frequently and wore a mask at all times while baking and packaging....

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2020, 05:46:10 PM »

I have a friend who sends Christmas cookies to family and friends every year. This year, she added a note assuring everyone that she washed her hands frequently and wore a mask at all times while baking and packaging....

Those germs will die of old age before anyone receives the cookies. I sent out baked goods on December 15 by Priority Mail and no one has received them yet.  I was assured at the time I mailed them that they would arrive at their destination by the 18th.
Have some patience, FFS.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2020, 05:50:58 PM »
Those germs will die of old age before anyone receives the cookies. I sent out baked goods on December 15 by Priority Mail and no one has received them yet.  I was assured at the time I mailed them that they would arrive at their destination by the 18th.

Thought the postal slowdown was only for the election, hey?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2020, 06:21:39 PM »
On time delivery is down under 75%.

One more thing that was sabotaged by bunker boy.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2020, 06:22:57 PM »
Thought the postal slowdown was only for the election, hey?

Huh? When the remove and destroy high speed sorters, how exactly does the slowdown end?

Pay attention.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2020, 06:59:42 PM »

Yeah, that’s what I told her but she wanted to be sure people were comfortable.  ;)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2020, 07:18:01 PM »
Huh? When the remove and destroy high speed sorters, how exactly does the slowdown end?

Pay attention.

You are so thick in the head.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2020, 08:05:02 PM »
I ordered a two sweatshirts, one to my office for a Secret Santa and one to my house for me.

The house sweatshirt arrived 2 days later from Utah. The office sweatshirt arrived 10 days later.

It spent 8 days in Oak Creek, then to the Kenosha post office. Oak Creek’s new facility opened without sorters before the election, timely. House sweatshirt went through Elk Grove Village distribution to my local post office.

So yeah, Fryboy not hard to figure it the unnatural carnal knowledge out.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 08:19:31 PM by Retire0 »

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2020, 08:11:26 PM »
I ordered a two sweatshirts, one to my office for a Secret Santa and one to my house for me.

The house sweatshirt arrived 2 days later from Utah. The office sweatshirt arrived 10 days later.

It spent 8 days in Oak Creek, then to the Kenosha post office. Oak Creek had their sorters removed. House sweatshirt went through Elk Grove Village distribution to my local post office.

So yeah, Fryboy not hard to figure it the unnatural carnal knowledge out.

I had two things come from Pennsylvania arrive in Oak Creek last weekend and neither made it to me in a Milwaukee suburb yet - one actually got sent back to Pennsylvania. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2020, 08:14:24 PM »
I had two things come from Pennsylvania arrive in Oak Creek last weekend and neither made it to me in a Milwaukee suburb yet - one actually got sent back to Pennsylvania. 

Nothing is getting through Oak Creek timely. Same in Detroit from what work associates have told me.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2020, 08:27:55 PM »
On time delivery is down under 75%.

One more thing that was sabotaged by bunker boy.
Weird. Its almost as if dismantling automatic sorting machines is a bad thing.

I wonder what could motivate someone to do such a thing?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2020, 07:50:34 AM »

Perhaps Louis DeJoy could help you with that.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2020, 08:48:24 AM »
Nothing is getting through Oak Creek timely. Same in Detroit from what work associates have told me.

The package that went from Oak Creek back to Pennsylvania arrived in Chicago Thursday but no update since then.  The other one shows as sitting in Oak Creek since 12/19.  We'll see if we ever get these mystery packages :).

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2020, 02:06:22 PM »
A scroll through facebook seems to show more people gathered for Christmas than Thanksgiving.  Even people who I know were super diligent prior gathered in multi-family groups.  I think the news of vaccine has caused some to let their guard down.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2020, 02:35:14 PM »
A scroll through facebook seems to show more people gathered for Christmas than Thanksgiving.  Even people who I know were super diligent prior gathered in multi-family groups.  I think the news of vaccine has caused some to let their guard down.

Yeah I noticed the same thing on Facebook with Christmas gatherings.  I also worry about NYE gatherings/parties and the spike in cases that may come after Christmas and NYE.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 02:49:48 PM by Marquette Fan »

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2020, 03:05:24 PM »
While our extended family did not gather as usual, I have friends in Florida whose daughter drove down from NYC with her boyfriend, and shared the car with another couple as well. Hopefully all will be well. So I suspect that you are correct.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2020, 03:41:35 PM »

Agreed. To add to your observations from Facebook, airline travel was higher around Christmas than it has been at any time since the initial surge this spring. While the flying itself seems to be relatively safe, those people are flying somewhere...and likely to meet with others outside their households.

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/airlines/tsa-screens-new-pandemic-record-number-of-travelers-following-christmas.html

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2020, 10:40:38 PM »
Or the doom and gloomers predicted a huge spike after Thanksgiving and when it didn't happen, people said F it, I'm gonna see my family.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2020, 11:03:53 PM »
Or the doom and gloomers predicted a huge spike after Thanksgiving and when it didn't happen, people said F it, I'm gonna see my family.

Tough look