collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 153507 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread
« Reply #1325 on: November 17, 2022, 06:31:12 AM »
Boom motherfooker, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1326 on: November 17, 2022, 07:45:25 AM »
Boom motherfooker, hey?

Out of curiousity, what’s more important?  Marquette or Hauser success?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1327 on: November 17, 2022, 08:04:32 AM »
Both, MU is on a great path. Finally have a coach who, not only is talented, but also can relate to today's student athlete.
We have neither with Woj. I'm happy for Sam and for my alma mater, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1328 on: November 17, 2022, 08:06:28 AM »
Both, MU is on a great path. Finally have a coach who, not only is talented, but also can relate to today's student athlete.

But you cheered against Marquette when Wojo was here

You cheering for Justin Lewis to make it?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1329 on: November 17, 2022, 08:47:21 AM »

What are your thoughts on the coach who is not only talented, but can also relate to today's student athlete having the same amount of NCAA Tournament wins over the last 7 seasons as the guy who was untalented and couldn't relate to today's student athlete in his 7 seasons at Marquette?  With the current coach spending 6 of those 7 seasons at a better program than Marquette?

Same question for Elon, Brew, and Goose.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1330 on: November 17, 2022, 08:58:01 AM »
But you cheered against Marquette when Wojo was here

You cheering for Justin Lewis to make it?

You diggin' #12 tonight. Some like chicken, some like feathers, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1331 on: November 17, 2022, 09:00:16 AM »
What are your thoughts on the coach who is not only talented, but can also relate to today's student athlete having the same amount of NCAA Tournament wins over the last 7 seasons as the guy who was untalented and couldn't relate to today's student athlete in his 7 seasons at Marquette?  With the current coach spending 6 of those 7 seasons at a better program than Marquette?

If you can't see the obvious differences, you don't know ball, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1332 on: November 17, 2022, 09:03:27 AM »

If you can't see the obvious differences, you don't know ball, aina?

Gotta get to these Fondy dental conferences to really know ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1333 on: November 17, 2022, 09:07:17 AM »

You diggin' #12 tonight. Some like chicken, some like feathers, hey?

So, are you pulling for Justin or no?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1334 on: November 17, 2022, 09:29:35 AM »
Sure, deck is stacked against him major. More power to him if he can do it. Frankly, there have been more talented players who have fallen short.
So, as for ARod, you in or out, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1335 on: November 17, 2022, 10:15:50 AM »
Sure, deck is stacked against him major. More power to him if he can do it. Frankly, there have been more talented players who have fallen short.
So, as for ARod, you in or out, hey?

Out.  I’m pulling for the Vikings

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1336 on: November 17, 2022, 10:39:35 AM »
Excellent article on Sam which gives a lot of flavor on why Sam is getting so many opportunities this year .

https://masslive.com/celtics/2022/11/sam-hauser-is-giving-celtics-another-surprise-bench-weapon-that-opponents-cant-solve.html
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1337 on: November 17, 2022, 10:41:35 AM »
Excellent article on Sam which gives a lot of flavor on why Sam is getting so many opportunities this year .

https://masslive.com/celtics/2022/11/sam-hauser-is-giving-celtics-another-surprise-bench-weapon-that-opponents-cant-solve.html

I wonder what would happen if the Celtics traded for Tyler Herro?  Do you think Sam would demand a trade?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1338 on: November 17, 2022, 11:05:11 AM »
then i wonder if the celtics traded for both herro and giannis, would horford, smart and hauser go too?  maybe even jaylen?  chit man, the pressure, so many possibilities to wonder about?
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1339 on: November 17, 2022, 11:07:27 AM »
then i wonder if the celtics traded for both herro and giannis, would horford, smart and hauser go too?  maybe even jaylen?  chit man, the pressure, so many possibilities to wonder about?

Yes.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1340 on: November 17, 2022, 11:32:01 AM »
Chit, Petrocelli wood pop a gasket if da Vikes traded fore #12, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1341 on: November 17, 2022, 11:49:01 AM »
Bias

I do not care if Shaka lost every NCAA game prior to coming to MU. He will be judged by winning at MU in March by me. Based on 90% of the posters on here, they had little chance to play in March last season, and I will consider last year a bonus game in March. If Shaka does not win games in the NCAA I will be the first guy to bitch about that performance.

To be honest, my excitement over Shaka is mainly based off of my love MU basketball. IMO, if Shaka proves he cannot get the job done, I am not sure the job can ever get done. He has every tool to win, a good coaching resume and likeable guy. If that is not enough to get the job done, I'm throwing in the towel.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1342 on: November 17, 2022, 11:50:32 AM »

Here are my thoughts:

Shaka is 45, Wojo is 46. Shaka has won 294 D1 games with a winning % of .655. Wojo has won128 D1 games with a winning % of .574. Shaka’s NCAA tournament record is 5-7, Wojo’s is 0-2. Shaka also has won the CBI and NIT titles, giving him a 15-7 overall record in postseason play. Wojo made the quarterfinals of the NIT once, giving him an overall record of 2-3 in postseason play.

Bottom line, Shaka was 33 he took a mid major to the FF. When Steve was 33 he was clutching his wubbie and sitting next to Coach K. Shaka has major accomplishments that mitigate his failures. Wojo doesn’t.

I have zero doubts that Shaka will outperform Wojo’s tenure at MU. If you’re interested in a wager, name the amount.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1343 on: November 17, 2022, 12:15:40 PM »
Here are my thoughts:

Shaka is 45, Wojo is 46. Shaka has won 294 D1 games with a winning % of .655. Wojo has won128 D1 games with a winning % of .574. Shaka’s NCAA tournament record is 5-7, Wojo’s is 0-2. Shaka also has won the CBI and NIT titles, giving him a 15-7 overall record in postseason play. Wojo made the quarterfinals of the NIT once, giving him an overall record of 2-3 in postseason play.

Bottom line, Shaka was 33 he took a mid major to the FF. When Steve was 33 he was clutching his wubbie and sitting next to Coach K. Shaka has major accomplishments that mitigate his failures. Wojo doesn’t.

I have zero doubts that Shaka will outperform Wojo’s tenure at MU. If you’re interested in a wager, name the amount.

Sweet.  A guy who spent his first 6 years racking up wins in the CAA and A10 has a higher win percentage than a guy whose career was entirely in the Big East.

Glad Shaka had a good run a decade ago when his team was literally one of the last four teams into the Tournament.

CBI and NIT titles?!  Sick!

Outperform in what sense?  I'm just saying, we fired a guy because he had 0 NCAA Tournament wins in 7 years as our coach, to hire a guy who had 0 NCAA Tournament wins in his last 6 years while being at a better program.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1344 on: November 17, 2022, 12:59:39 PM »
Chit, Petrocelli wood pop a gasket if da Vikes traded fore #12, aina?

No, I’d laugh my ass off at them

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1345 on: November 17, 2022, 01:00:47 PM »

Well, since the Hausers didn’t want to play with Herro at Marquette, will he play with him in the NBA

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1346 on: November 17, 2022, 01:06:27 PM »
Sweet.  A guy who spent his first 6 years racking up wins in the CAA and A10 has a higher win percentage than a guy whose career was entirely in the Big East.

Glad Shaka had a good run a decade ago when his team was literally one of the last four teams into the Tournament.

Outperform in what sense?  I'm just saying, we fired a guy because he had 0 NCAA Tournament wins in 7 years as our coach, to hire a guy who had 0 NCAA Tournament wins in his last 6 years while being at a better program.

Outperform in any metric you want. Shaka will have a better winning % than your hero Wojo. And he’ll win an NCAA tournament game.

How much you want to bet, big shot?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1347 on: November 17, 2022, 01:08:14 PM »

Shaka was a slam dunk hire for Marquette.  He was a bad fit at Texas.  It happens.

I don’t judge him on what happens in March because it’s a crapshoot.  His last two first round losses at VCU were overtime games.  SFA made a 3-pointer they got fouled on with :03 left and made the FT to tie it up.  Stuff happens.

Villanova, the gold standard of the Big East had a long stretch of failing to make the second weekend from ‘10-‘15.

Goose and Elon and crew are right, he was a great hire for Marquette as both a fit and coach

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1348 on: November 17, 2022, 01:12:34 PM »

Wojo was fired because the program slid after Hausergate and he refused to make the changes necessary that his bosses (rightly) insisted on. He would have kept his job despite the W/L trajectory.  Instead, he got a life changing paid vacation. Wojo knew what he was doing.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1349 on: November 17, 2022, 01:37:07 PM »

Shaka had a better conference winning percentage at Texas than Wojo did at Marquette, during a time period when the B12 was the unquestioned best basketball conference in the country.  Thats including a second year in which he lost his top 3 scorers, top 4 rebounders, top 2 assist men and started basically all freshmen and sophomores.  Outside of that he had a conference winning percentage more than 5 points higher than Wojo if you took away Wojo's rough first year.

Also, Abielene Christian upset aside, Texas was on a pronounced upswing. 

18/19 season was an incredibly young team that lost 2 NBA players, got beat up in a brutal Big12, then won the NIT.

19/20 finished the season winning 5 of 6, including 2 top 25 upsets, and would have been favored against TTU in their B12 tourney opener.

20/21 lost 0 games to unranked opponents.  2 seconds away from avoiding an upset and meeting an 11 seed in the 2nd round with a S16 berth on the line.  Recruiting class was a pair of top 40 studs.

Last 3 seasons in the B12, the RPI #1 conference, 28-25.

Wojo's best season culminated in lost 6 of 7.  Then 2 disaster years.

Last 3 seasons in the BEast, a good conference but not the B12...27-27

Shaka lost 3 NCAA games at Texas by a total of 7 points.  Wojo lost 2 NCAA games...by an average of 20 points.

Both had disappointing tenures, for different reasons, but Shaka's was unquestionably better and with more bright spots than Wojo.

I also agree with Lenny.  Because watching last years team versus a Wojo team was night and day.  There was an identity, there was a system, there was a plan.

Much like watching the Bears this year, I don't know what heights Shake/Eberflus attain, but I know without a doubt it will be better than Wojo/Nagy from team performance, fight, and appearance alone.