collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 151834 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Hauser Brothers 2021 Thread
« Reply #525 on: June 26, 2021, 02:20:32 PM »
Novak was a better pure shooter.  I don't think this is  debatable.   I think people are forgetting the Mizzou tournament game when he was a Frosh and the UCONN performance.  I was able to relax when Novak had an open look.

Nobody is forgetting anything.  You’re arguing against statistics with pure feel and memory. Sam shot basically 45% from 3 at MU. Acting like you could relax when Novak had an open look and not Sam cause he wasn’t as good of a “pure shooter” is just silly

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #526 on: June 26, 2021, 02:40:44 PM »
Nobody is forgetting anything.  You’re arguing against statistics with pure feel and memory. Sam shot basically 45% from 3 at MU. Acting like you could relax when Novak had an open look and not Sam cause he wasn’t as good of a “pure shooter” is just silly

Excuse me JWags but I'm well aware of situations that cause me  stress vs being able to relax.  If my life depended on an MU player taking an open 23 footer, I would take Novak over Sam 100/100 times.  Regardless if I have some bias.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 02:52:30 PM by MuggsyB »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #527 on: June 26, 2021, 02:53:48 PM »
The 5 best pure shooters in MU history?

Would Novak, Howard,  and Rowsey be top 5?

This is one of those "era" things. Outside shooting, especially deep outside shooting, simply wasn't valued as highly when Marquette was one of the best few programs in all of college basketball -- meaning when we had tons of talent every year. I mean, Tatum could effen shoot. So could Rosenberger. A guy like Butch was more of a slasher and mid-range guy, but that's what guys did back then, so who knows? He hit some deep J's against the U.S. Olympic team. Sewell, the guy Doc Dribble mentioned, was considered one of the best outside shooters of his time. Oliver Lee, who arrived a tad later, could shoot. Bo Ellis could have been a "trail 3" guy if it had been a thing back then.

Of the guys we know from the 3-point era ... Novak, Howard, Hauser, Rowsey, Diener, Logterman, Acker (50% as a senior).

Excuse me JWags but I'm well aware of situations that cause me  stress vs being able to relax.  If my life depended on an MU player taking an open 23 footer, I would take Novak over Sam 100/100 times.  Regardless if I have some bias.

Cool, Muggs. But your emotion is not "fact."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #528 on: June 26, 2021, 03:44:11 PM »
Any discussion here starts with the Grafton Gun, hey?
Jeff Sewell helped lead us to the NIT Championship , had interest from the NBA , ABA and NFL and in my view is one of the more overlooked great players in MU history

Could only imagine if the three point rule was in effect then.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #529 on: June 26, 2021, 03:55:36 PM »

Novak was a better shooter. Arguing otherwise, or that Sam was his equal, based on three-point percentage minus context would be a mistake.
Sam had the benefit of almost always being the second, and sometimes the third, most dangerous outside shooter on the floor. That provided him with a lot of clean looks. And, unlike Steve for a season-plus, slowing down Sam was never the focus of an opposing defense.

But if you insist on stats, maybe compare True Shooting percentage for a more accurate measure.

None of this is to say Sam isn't a great shooter. He is. But again, his NBA future will come down to whether he can get clean looks, not whether he can make them.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #530 on: June 26, 2021, 04:08:50 PM »
Novak was a better shooter. Arguing otherwise, or that Sam was his equal, based on three-point percentage minus context would be a mistake.
Sam had the benefit of almost always being the second, and sometimes the third, most dangerous outside shooter on the floor. That provided him with a lot of clean looks. And, unlike Steve for a season-plus, slowing down Sam was never the focus of an opposing defense.

But if you insist on stats, maybe compare True Shooting percentage for a more accurate measure.

None of this is to say Sam isn't a great shooter. He is. But again, his NBA future will come down to whether he can get clean looks, not whether he can make them.
Sam has always been a player that works within a team concept and gets his clean looks that way.

Does the NBA 24 second shot make it more or less likely Sam can get clean looks?
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #533 on: June 26, 2021, 06:53:00 PM »
Lol, dude from Warriors Sound was clueless as to Howard/Hauser relationship. What did Markus tell you about NBA workout? Howard to Hauser, "go fook yourself." Thought Sam handled it very well.
Also, dissed Woj silently with his praise of Tony, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #534 on: June 30, 2021, 09:18:54 PM »
Sam Shooting drill highlights at the NBA Combine

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pGLUxMQPAEc
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #535 on: July 04, 2021, 07:22:46 PM »
                       ---Al McGuire

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #536 on: July 04, 2021, 07:57:58 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #537 on: July 04, 2021, 10:09:21 PM »
But they only draft 60 or so.

Yep.

But fairly often guys who are ranked much lower than 60 get drafted, and some ranked higher don't. What was Lazar ranked?

Also, one doesn't need to be drafted to make it. Any of us who follow the NBA could probably name a dozen right off the top of our heads.

I'd rate Sam as a mild long shot. I actually expect him to have an NBA career, and wouldn't be surprised if he's drafted.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #538 on: July 10, 2021, 06:53:46 PM »
Sam projected number 57 to The Hornets in the latest NBADraft.net mock draft. I think his solid performance at the combine has drawn some interest

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/?year-mock=2021
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #539 on: July 10, 2021, 10:27:50 PM »
Not surprised.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #540 on: July 24, 2021, 07:02:34 AM »
Some interesting comments by Adam at the end of this article
https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/wednesdays-workout-filled-first-round-talent
                       ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #541 on: July 24, 2021, 08:21:26 AM »
Has Sam axed Markus four advice as he tries out fore teems, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #542 on: July 24, 2021, 10:10:27 AM »
I've seen Sam in a handful of mock drafts in the 50 to 60 range, but he's undrafted in the vast majority.  So while it wouldn't totally surprise me to see Sam drafted, I expect he will go undrafted and sign a two way contract.

I think Sam gets a cup of coffee in the NBA but he's out of the league in 3 years. Sam got absolutely dominated by Kispert when Virginia played Gonzaga.  That's a snapshot of the struggles Sam will have in the NBA.

But he'll make good money in Europe someday.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #543 on: July 24, 2021, 10:52:09 AM »
My gosh, if we had a three point shot in the Al era, Gary Rosenberger would have started as a freshman, Earl Tatum would have been among top five beat Warriors and BT’s rep would have been a lot better.

Bo would have been a completely different player — more in the Novak mode.

The game would have been very different but Al would have adapted.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #544 on: July 24, 2021, 11:50:02 AM »
My gosh, if we had a three point shot in the Al era, Gary Rosenberger would have started as a freshman, Earl Tatum would have been among top five beat Warriors and BT’s rep would have been a lot better.

Bo would have been a completely different player — more in the Novak mode.

The game would have been very different but Al would have adapted.

No would not have been a Novak-type player. In any way.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #545 on: July 24, 2021, 01:55:27 PM »
Has Sam axed Markus four advice as he tries out fore teems, hey?

Black folks absolutely LOVE it when old white guys use ebonics, nu?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #546 on: July 24, 2021, 03:38:25 PM »
Boychick, dis iz da wey eye talk, hey?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 06:43:06 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #547 on: July 24, 2021, 04:51:58 PM »
Like a moron? Good to know.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #549 on: July 30, 2021, 05:56:58 AM »
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback