collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 153385 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Hauser Brothers 2021 Thread
« Reply #400 on: March 14, 2021, 09:10:25 AM »
Lenny, we are closer on this than it appears.   I think he knew there was issue, letter or no.   I think he thought he could manage it, that it was just another inevitable conflict that could be worked out.    I think he mis-read the level of antipathy. There are rumors of a yelling match and him-or-us ultimatums in the days after the season.   I think that until they actually pulled the trigger, he thought that it could be managed.   Again, underestimated the level of resentment.   

And because Wojo is not as nimble a recruiter as Buzz, he wasn't able to fill the holes.   He tried with Jayce, but Morrow simply wasn't a 3.   A year later, he landed Garcia and Lewis.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #401 on: March 14, 2021, 09:11:44 AM »
I ended up at on a group email with a bunch of 70's alums.  I have met one of them out here several times and he always sends out game time reminders and TV location.
One of the alums in the group has been going to the end of the season team banquet forever.  He apparently talked to the Hauser parents and they somehow inferred that things were going to be better next season without Marcus.  He said he was confused because despite rumors heard no official announcement of Marcus going pro and thought nothing of it until the Hauser's announced their transfer. (Along those lines.)

But I've been assured it wasn't about Markus.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #402 on: March 14, 2021, 09:35:18 AM »
The weird part of Scoop.

Love: Joey Hauser, Sam Hauser and the Hauser parents

Hate: Markus Howard, Kaitlin Reinhardt, Koby McEwen

Wondering if this is more of an image issue then anything else.

When did Reinhardt change genders?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #403 on: March 14, 2021, 09:39:43 AM »
Unless they are personal friends of the Hausers, I'm not sure why any Scoopers would fervently defend a family that quit on our alma mater.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
It's not about the Hausers. It's about portraying Wojo in the worst light possible. And you can't do that if you acknowledge that he isn't the only one who bears responsibility for Hausershima.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 09:43:17 AM by Pakuni »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #404 on: March 14, 2021, 10:02:08 AM »
Lenny, we are closer on this than it appears.   I think he knew there was issue, letter or no.   I think he thought he could manage it, that it was just another inevitable conflict that could be worked out.    I think he mis-read the level of antipathy. There are rumors of a yelling match and him-or-us ultimatums in the days after the season.   I think that until they actually pulled the trigger, he thought that it could be managed.   Again, underestimated the level of resentment.   

And because Wojo is not as nimble a recruiter as Buzz, he wasn't able to fill the holes.   He tried with Jayce, but Morrow simply wasn't a 3.   A year later, he landed Garcia and Lewis.

I really like Jayce

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #405 on: March 14, 2021, 12:39:26 PM »
I think the reason some of us don't "hate" the Hausers is that we broadly agree with their complaint.  Markus was an immense talent, but his usage rate was too high.  A more balanced scoring attack would've been ideal.  We had a first team All American last year....and finished 8-10 in conference.  Seriously, how often does a team with a first team AA finish under .500 in conference? What a waste.

Depending on what the letter said, I have no issue with them writing it.  If it said "Hey Wojo you suck, double our shots or we quit" then sure, slag away.  If it said "hey, a more balanced scoring attack would be better" then who am I to criticize?  I agree with that. 

For seven years we've heard a litany of excuses as to why Wojo hasn't succeeded here.  People blame the Hausers for the collapse two years ago when we lost 6 of 7....but then the exact same thing happened last year.  Maybe the Hausers were whiny babies, but the responsibility ultimately lies with Wojo. 

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #406 on: March 14, 2021, 02:40:19 PM »
I think the reason some of us don't "hate" the Hausers is that we broadly agree with their complaint.  Markus was an immense talent, but his usage rate was too high.  A more balanced scoring attack would've been ideal.  We had a first team All American last year....and finished 8-10 in conference.  Seriously, how often does a team with a first team AA finish under .500 in conference? What a waste.

Depending on what the letter said, I have no issue with them writing it.  If it said "Hey Wojo you suck, double our shots or we quit" then sure, slag away.  If it said "hey, a more balanced scoring attack would be better" then who am I to criticize?  I agree with that. 

For seven years we've heard a litany of excuses as to why Wojo hasn't succeeded here.  People blame the Hausers for the collapse two years ago when we lost 6 of 7....but then the exact same thing happened last year.  Maybe the Hausers were whiny babies, but the responsibility ultimately lies with Wojo.

Usage is certainly a topic that can be argued in depth but the Hausers still had chances. And they failed. Often.

The last two weeks of that season, and it's subsequent collapse, responsibility was shared and the Hausers were half the problem.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #407 on: March 14, 2021, 06:05:49 PM »
Usage is certainly a topic that can be argued in depth but the Hausers still had chances. And they failed. Often.

The last two weeks of that season, and it's subsequent collapse, responsibility was shared and the Hausers were half the problem.

And I've got no problem calling out anyone who played poorly during that stretch, Hausers included.  The second straight collapse showed that there were problems bigger than them since they'd already left.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #408 on: March 14, 2021, 08:01:58 PM »
When did Reinhardt change genders?

Got a problem with that?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #409 on: March 15, 2021, 09:55:15 AM »
And I've got no problem calling out anyone who played poorly during that stretch, Hausers included.  The second straight collapse showed that there were problems bigger than them since they'd already left.

The problem in that stretch is they played the tri-conference champions (played them all tough) and lost two one possession games in addition to that. Those are the breaks.

They weren't getting destroyed every night. They weren't totally outclassed. Still comfortably an NCAA team. They played tough competition and lost tight games. Also didn't help that the second option on the team wasn't exactly a consistent player.

Two collapses in a row makes it easy for people to only blame one guy since the personnel changed. That's short-sighted. It also then allows for some to claim Wojo "learned" since they finished this season without a collapse. But is that the case?

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #410 on: March 15, 2021, 03:50:28 PM »
The problem in that stretch is they played the tri-conference champions (played them all tough) and lost two one possession games in addition to that. Those are the breaks.

They weren't getting destroyed every night. They weren't totally outclassed. Still comfortably an NCAA team. They played tough competition and lost tight games. Also didn't help that the second option on the team wasn't exactly a consistent player.

Two collapses in a row makes it easy for people to only blame one guy since the personnel changed. That's short-sighted. It also then allows for some to claim Wojo "learned" since they finished this season without a collapse. But is that the case?

I don't think after a seven year body of work that any judgement of Wojo is short-sighted.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #411 on: March 15, 2021, 08:49:56 PM »
I don't think after a seven year body of work that any judgement of Wojo is short-sighted.

Ah. Our conversation was based on the two years in a row collapsing issue. But now you've stopped that and changed the subject. No worries.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #412 on: March 16, 2021, 06:40:21 AM »
Ah. Our conversation was based on the two years in a row collapsing issue. But now you've stopped that and changed the subject. No worries.

We were debating the back to back collapses.  I used the other five years to back up my point.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #413 on: March 16, 2021, 08:22:57 AM »

Marquette had a 1-6 streak this year. Congrats that the end of the season consisted of DePaul, butler, and xavier?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #414 on: March 18, 2021, 11:06:55 PM »
Joey Hauser, still a massive defensive liability.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #415 on: March 18, 2021, 11:15:22 PM »
Not watching,  but Hauser is trending on the Twitter, and not in a good way.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #416 on: March 19, 2021, 03:20:34 AM »
His season has been heading in this direction for several weeks.   Disappointed, because I like Sparty.   Not surprised.

I had hoped a couple of years under Izzo would help his maturity, attitude, and defense.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 03:28:25 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #417 on: March 19, 2021, 07:10:15 AM »
Joey 9 and 3 in overtime loss to UCLA. Spartans led by 11 at half but had a defensive collapse in the second half .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #418 on: March 19, 2021, 07:16:24 AM »
The defensive collapse was UCLA going straight at Joey when he was on the floor.  Not the first team to do that.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #419 on: March 19, 2021, 07:53:10 AM »
The defensive collapse was UCLA going straight at Joey when he was on the floor.  Not the first team to do that.

I am clearly not a fan of Joey.  I didn't get to watch the game... but how did he end up deciding the game when he played 16 minutes?

Was it really that bad every time he was in, or were you just joking?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #420 on: March 19, 2021, 08:09:03 AM »
I am clearly not a fan of Joey.  I didn't get to watch the game... but how did he end up deciding the game when he played 16 minutes?

Was it really that bad every time he was in, or were you just joking?

UCLA definitely went at him. I'm talking NBA-style clearouts so Jacquez could go at him one-on-one.
But no, Joey didn't decide the game. He didn't help, but I'd say there were bigger culprits, the biggest being Izzo's coaching.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #421 on: March 19, 2021, 08:52:31 AM »
UCLA definitely went at him. I'm talking NBA-style clearouts so Jacquez could go at him one-on-one.
But no, Joey didn't decide the game. He didn't help, but I'd say there were bigger culprits, the biggest being Izzo's coaching.

Wojo to MSU.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #422 on: March 19, 2021, 03:19:23 PM »
Joey had a nice 4-minute stretch in the first half - hit a 3, nice putback, short jumper, couple of good passes.

He was a disaster in the second half. Hesitant to shoot, bricked a wide-open 3, and as everybody who watched it knows he defended like a rusty gate. If Joey isn't hitting shots, you simply can't play him ... so Izzo finally didn't.

Quick tourney appearance for Hauser the Younger. But at least he got away from Milwaukee to the loving environment in East Lansing.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #423 on: March 20, 2021, 08:12:32 PM »
Oh boy.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #424 on: March 20, 2021, 08:14:00 PM »
Well the good news for the Hausers this tournament is that neither one had someone’s nut-sack in their face.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow