[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 151793 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Hauser Brothers 2021 Thread
« Reply #375 on: March 13, 2021, 09:15:36 AM »
Seems like a situation where nothing short of first-person, viewed-with-their-own-eyes evidence is enough.

Sort of like those who don't believe we landed on the moon.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #376 on: March 13, 2021, 09:46:06 AM »

There is someone who regularly posts here, who posted in another forum details about who wrote the letter, who signed the letter and when it was delivered to Wojo.  I will not rehash it because it was posted in a private forum.  If that poster wishes to share what he knows, that is up to him.

But the short of it is that there was indeed a letter written by the Brothers Hauser.

I don't know what you want for evidence, but many people have been told what happened.  Chose to believe it or not.

“Somebody who regularly posts here” has “privately” said that he heard a) a letter was written, b) who signed the letter and c) when it was delivered to Wojo. Since you don’t include what was in the letter I’ll assume the “regular poster” didn’t have that information - which seems really curious.

You can call that proof, you can conclude that a piece of hearsay means that “the short of it is that there was indeed a letter written by the brothers Hauser”. Just as you can conclude that every piece of hearsay written by “regular posters” claiming inside information on Scoop = truth. I disagree.

What has Wojo said? What about his staff? How about Markus? The rest of the ream? Sam? Joey? Dave and Stephanie? Ben Steele or any other journalist covering the team? How easy would it be to “anonymously” leak the information (from any of the principals) to him/them in order to bolster their position? Yet from all of them - crickets.

I don’t know whether a letter was written or not. Neither do you. You believe it based on what someone told you. That’s OK. First hand hearsay is enough for you. Second hand hearsay isn’t enough for me.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #377 on: March 13, 2021, 09:54:17 AM »
Seems like a situation where nothing short of first-person, viewed-with-their-own-eyes evidence is enough.

Right. The Hauser letter and the moon landing are supported by similar evidence. A Scooper PMed a couple of his buddies and said “Guess what? We just landed on the freakin’ moon!”. The rest is history.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #378 on: March 13, 2021, 10:48:17 AM »
Lenny, my mind is not closed on this.  I look forward with avid anticipation to anything you might say publicly or privately that would significantly alter my perception.

Tower

I’ll PM later today.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #379 on: March 13, 2021, 10:49:33 AM »
Right. The Hauser letter and the moon landing are supported by similar evidence. A Scooper PMed a couple of his buddies and said “Guess what? We just landed on the freakin’ moon!”. The rest is history.

It took many decades, but you finally found your hill.  :)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #380 on: March 13, 2021, 11:03:34 AM »
“Somebody who regularly posts here” has “privately” said that he heard a) a letter was written, b) who signed the letter and c) when it was delivered to Wojo. Since you don’t include what was in the letter I’ll assume the “regular poster” didn’t have that information - which seems really curious.

You can call that proof, you can conclude that a piece of hearsay means that “the short of it is that there was indeed a letter written by the brothers Hauser”. Just as you can conclude that every piece of hearsay written by “regular posters” claiming inside information on Scoop = truth. I disagree.

What has Wojo said? What about his staff? How about Markus? The rest of the ream? Sam? Joey? Dave and Stephanie? Ben Steele or any other journalist covering the team? How easy would it be to “anonymously” leak the information (from any of the principals) to him/them in order to bolster their position? Yet from all of them - crickets.

I don’t know whether a letter was written or not. Neither do you. You believe it based on what someone told you. That’s OK. First hand hearsay is enough for you. Second hand hearsay isn’t enough for me.

That post (which was made on IWB's private board) echoes what has been said elsewhere.

This isn't a court of law so yes, I can believe a post made by a reputable poster is accurate and be perfectly comfortable with that decision.

Honestly, why are you so fired about this?  The Hausers wrote a letter.  That points to a lack of an environment in which open communication is welcome.  That's on Wojo.  Since I don't know what the letter said (although I have been given an idea), I can't really knock the Hausers for writing it.  Unless I just want to be snarky about it - which is just message board fun.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #381 on: March 13, 2021, 12:42:49 PM »
I can also say I’ve been told Sam was not playing last season, too, even if he had stayed in Milwaukee.

Not sure what you mean here, Unk. He was gonna take an injury redshirt?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #382 on: March 13, 2021, 01:39:45 PM »
Not sure what you mean here, Unk. He was gonna take an injury redshirt?

Yes
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #383 on: March 13, 2021, 01:43:45 PM »
I know from a very reputable source that the letter was written ...  It was either written by, or very heavy influenced by the Parents ... but one caveat not really expressed in this thread, it was also known that 2 maybe 3 players would have left if the Hausers returned...  Hence the "Happy Team" pic and subsequent, happy with pic with Wojo the office ! ! !
 Just sayin' ! ! !   8-)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #384 on: March 13, 2021, 03:38:55 PM »
That was the rumor at the time.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #385 on: March 13, 2021, 05:58:03 PM »
I heard the letter was strongly worded.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #386 on: March 13, 2021, 06:06:37 PM »

I didn't say the levels of evidence surrounding each event was the same. Please don't put words in my mouth.

What I did say was that they evidence/proof you require to believe this is similar to what some require to believe we landed on the moon.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #387 on: March 13, 2021, 08:59:17 PM »
I didn't say the levels of evidence surrounding each event was the same. Please don't put words in my mouth.

What I did say was that they evidence/proof you require to believe this is similar to what some require to believe we landed on the moon.

Actually, what Lenny’s asking for would be the equivalent of Neil Armstrong saying, “I walked on the moon.”  So, if Sam or Joey came out and said, “We wrote a letter asking Wojo to reign in Markus,” then there you’d have it.

But we don’t have that.  No one who was directly involved with the situation has gone on the record to talk about why the Hausers transferred.  The Hausers themselves have been asked this by the media and they won’t say anything (seems like they got some good advice and listened to it).  After their transfer, Wojo lied, he flat out lied, and said he was surprised it happened.  So which was it?  They wrote the letter, and Wojo is a liar for saying he was surprised they transferred?  Or they didn’t write one, and he was legitimately surprised?

Maybe someday we’ll learn the truth, though I kind of doubt it.  But that hasn’t stopped some on this board from spewing vitriol in the Hausers’ direction every time one of them has a subpar game, with all that hate being based on nothing but rumor and innuendo.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 09:01:05 PM by Silent Verbal »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #388 on: March 13, 2021, 09:09:12 PM »
Actually, what Lenny’s asking for would be the equivalent of Neil Armstrong saying, “I walked on the moon.”  So, if Sam or Joey came out and said, “We wrote a letter asking Wojo to reign in Markus,” then there you’d have it.

But we don’t have that.  No one who was directly involved with the situation has gone on the record to talk about why the Hausers transferred.  The Hausers themselves have been asked this by the media and they won’t say anything (seems like they got some good advice and listened to it).  After their transfer, Wojo lied, he flat out lied, and said he was surprised it happened.  So which was it?  They wrote the letter, and Wojo is a liar for saying he was surprised they transferred?  Or they didn’t write one, and he was legitimately surprised?

Maybe someday we’ll learn the truth, though I kind of doubt it.  But that hasn’t stopped some on this board from spewing vitriol in the Hausers’ direction every time one of them has a subpar game, with all that hate being based on nothing but rumor and innuendo.

That’s not what Wojo said. Here is the quote from his press conference:

“If you would have asked me the day after our season ended if they wouldn't be here next year, I would tell you I would be very, very surprised for somebody to say that. But being in this business long enough, I guess nothing should surprise you.”

So unless you know his thoughts the day after the season ended you have no idea if he lied.

You probably should stop making stuff up.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #389 on: March 13, 2021, 09:32:42 PM »
That’s not what Wojo said. Here is the quote from his press conference:

“If you would have asked me the day after our season ended if they wouldn't be here next year, I would tell you I would be very, very surprised for somebody to say that. But being in this business long enough, I guess nothing should surprise you.”

So unless you know his thoughts the day after the season ended you have no idea if he lied.

You probably should stop making stuff up.

So he would be “very, very surprised” they wouldn’t be here next year, despite the fact that they wrote him a letter and tried to start a mutiny.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #390 on: March 13, 2021, 10:54:46 PM »

i have a friend who is a big shot at NASA who tells me that Kubrick directed the staged filming. Indeed, Kubrick placed plenty of details in the shining to confirm this and tease everybody.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #391 on: March 13, 2021, 11:03:24 PM »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #392 on: March 14, 2021, 06:12:33 AM »
So he would be “very, very surprised” they wouldn’t be here next year, despite the fact that they wrote him a letter and tried to start a mutiny.

The day after the season ended, he may have thought it wasn't that big of an issue.  He clearly found out later it was.

Posting to defend the honor of the Hausers while simultaneously trashing the honor of someone else without evidence is something.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #393 on: March 14, 2021, 08:06:49 AM »
Yep, we must stop "hating" the Hausers. It's OK for most Scoopers to "hate" Wojo, though. And for some to "hate" Markus. And Koby. And Theo. And Torrence. And Sacar. And Katin. And Derrick. And Lockett. And Vander. Etc, etc, etc.

It's a fan board. We love Marquette hoops. Whether one thinks the responsibility the Hausers (including Mommy and Daddy) bear is 0.5% or 99.5% or somewhere in between, they bear some responsibility for the ruination of a very promising season and the decline of the program. So there is gonna be at least a little "hate" from some fans. That's how we roll.

Sarcastic remarks about the letter, or about Sam missing potential winning shots for Virginia, or about Joey committing as many turnovers as points for a Michigan State team that had been great for decades but suddenly sucks with him on it ... that's classic fan-board stuff.

Unless they are personal friends of the Hausers, I'm not sure why any Scoopers would fervently defend a family that quit on our alma mater.

It cracks me up that some of the same folks who are going with the (false IMHO) narrative that our players quit against Georgetown are defending two guys who literally quit on Marquette. Or that some Scoopers think it's wrong to "hate" two guys who left Marquette in their rearview mirrors 2 years ago but think it's OK to "hate" the athletes who busted their arses for Marquette in this most difficult of seasons.

Personally, I'll always appreciate Sam. He worked hard for 3 years, he and Markus were the main reasons Marquette became relevant again for a couple seasons, and he gave us a few incredible moments. The shot against Creighton will be one of my favorite Marquette memories until the day I no longer can remember stuff anymore. I might be in the minority here, but I think Sam will have an NBA career, and I'll be rooting for him if he does.

Joey? The Marquette memories I'll have of him are of the collapse down the stretch, the turnovers, Ja posterizing him, and mostly the way he exited.

He had roughly as many good games for Marquette as Katin Reinhardt had ... and Katin actually got better as the season progressed rather than becoming a liability.

Katin -- whom many Marquette fans "hated" as he struggled to find his role early on -- also never tried to lead a mutiny.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #394 on: March 14, 2021, 08:22:00 AM »
The weird part of Scoop.

Love: Joey Hauser, Sam Hauser and the Hauser parents

Hate: Markus Howard, Kaitlin Reinhardt, Koby McEwen

Wondering if this is more of an image issue then anything else.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #395 on: March 14, 2021, 08:22:42 AM »

The day after the season ended, he may have thought it wasn't that big of an issue.  He clearly found out later it was.

Posting to defend the honor of the Hausers while simultaneously trashing the honor of someone else without evidence is something.

So the Hausers led a mutiny when the team was 23-4. It  ruined a glorious season. Dissension was so bad that if the Hausers stayed at MU multiple other players were going to leave. But the day after the season, after the mutiny and after the collapse, Wojo thought it wasn’t that big of an issue. Sounds logical.

BTW, I’m not suggesting Wojo was lying. I think Wojo probably thought the whole issue was a minor one that had been addressed and wouldn’t have any consequences - which flies in the face of the Scoop narrative.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 08:41:30 AM by Lennys Tap »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #396 on: March 14, 2021, 08:25:39 AM »
So the Hausers led a mutiny when the team was 23-4. It  ruined a glorious season. Dissension was so bad that if the Hausers stayed at MU multiple other players were going to leave. But the day after the season, after the mutiny and after the collapse, Wojo thought it wasn’t that big of an issue. Sounds logical.

You know Wojo thought it wasn’t a big issue?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #397 on: March 14, 2021, 08:48:02 AM »
You know Wojo thought it wasn’t a big issue?

Well, I know that he didn’t think that in spite of a “mutiny” which ruined the season and was going to cause a bunch of guys to transfer if the Hausers stayed - he was surprised Sam and Joey left. If the mutiny was true, he shouldn’t have been surprised- he should have demanded it.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #398 on: March 14, 2021, 09:00:06 AM »

BTW, I’m not suggesting Wojo was lying. I think Wojo probably thought the whole issue was a minor one that had been addressed and wouldn’t have any consequences - which flies in the face of the Scoop narrative.

WRT your second paragraph, either a minor issue or one that he would be able to resolve in the off season.

Look, I think the whole thing is damning of Wojo.  Communication was a problem.  His perception of the locker room was a problem.  I am hardly absolving him of responsibility.  I just think claiming he lied, when people have no evidence that is the case, is dumb.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #399 on: March 14, 2021, 09:09:29 AM »
I ended up at on a group email with a bunch of 70's alums.  I have met one of them out here several times and he always sends out game time reminders and TV location.
One of the alums in the group has been going to the end of the season team banquet forever.  He apparently talked to the Hauser parents and they somehow inferred that things were going to be better next season without Marcus.  He said he was confused because despite rumors heard no official announcement of Marcus going pro and thought nothing of it until the Hauser's announced their transfer. (Along those lines.)

feedback