collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 153444 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Hauser Brothers 2021 Thread
« Reply #325 on: March 09, 2021, 03:26:42 PM »
I'll just trust that Lenny knows Sam has no regrets, other than maybe making a move sooner.

Thank you for your trust! Winning it every day is paramount to me.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #326 on: March 09, 2021, 03:55:04 PM »
Wojo's mistake was not kicking them off the team immediately upon receipt of the letter.

I disagree - Wojo's mistake was letting it get to a point that a letter seemed like a good idea.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #327 on: March 09, 2021, 04:17:55 PM »
Forever going to disagree.   The letter came at 23-4 with an all American point guard.

And a coach should back his team captain versus an unhappy freshman.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #328 on: March 09, 2021, 08:00:45 PM »
Forever going to disagree.   The letter came at 23-4 with an all American point guard.

We know for certain thats when the letter happened?? I hadn't heard that part(or followed closely enough).
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #329 on: March 09, 2021, 09:06:47 PM »
I disagree - Wojo's mistake was letting it get to a point that a letter seemed like a good idea.
I agree, should never have gotten to that point.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #330 on: March 09, 2021, 09:31:43 PM »

?

What’s your source that there even was a letter, let alone a date certain when it was delivered to Wojo?

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #331 on: March 10, 2021, 07:34:18 AM »
Someone should do a freedom of information request or something.   Maybe in 20 years the letter ends up in the archives of the library.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #332 on: March 10, 2021, 07:43:49 AM »
?

What’s your source that there even was a letter, let alone a date certain when it was delivered to Wojo?

Plenty of people here an elsewhere suggest something was written.  Go back into the old topics and read if you would like.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #333 on: March 10, 2021, 08:20:06 AM »
Someone should do a freedom of information request or something.   Maybe in 20 years the letter ends up in the archives of the library.

I recently snuck into The Raynor and took a snap of Wojo's whiteboard preserved in the archives. It clearly shows the ball should bypass the Hauser Twins at all times, and Markus should climb the lonely mountain all by himself. The only problem with this strategy is Wojo doesn't stress bulgaring on defense and this plan required a steal.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #334 on: March 10, 2021, 08:22:41 AM »
I recently snuck into The Raynor and took a snap of Wojo's whiteboard preserved in the archives. It clearly shows the ball should bypass the Hauser Twins at all times, and Markus should climb the lonely mountain all by himself. The only problem with this strategy is Wojo doesn't stress bulgaring on defense and this plan required a steal.

I was always under the impression he never replaced the whiteboard he punched through, so while he intended to have the Hausers on the whiteboard, they just happened to always be where the hole in the whiteboard was.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #335 on: March 10, 2021, 09:06:18 AM »
If only some Scoopers liked our current players -- the ones who give everything they have to the team and are great representatives of Marquette -- as much as they continue to like those who ruined a promising season, quit the team and left the program reeling.

Disclaimer 1: I said "some," meaning more than one.

Disclaimer 2: As always, I am not putting all the blame on those who quit; it is the coach's job to keep his team operating on the same page, and therefore he gets most of the blame.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #336 on: March 10, 2021, 12:50:05 PM »
I'm sure the letter begged for more shots for Joey.  It's obvious how selfish the Hausers are.  Anytime you transfer to UVA and MSU, it's abundantly clear that you are just a ME, ME, ME player.  And Stevens Point has a long history of producing me first players.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #337 on: March 10, 2021, 01:00:09 PM »
I'm sure the letter begged for more shots for Joey.  It's obvious how selfish the Hausers are.  Anytime you transfer to UVA and MSU, it's abundantly clear that you are just a ME, ME, ME player.  And Stevens Point has a long history of producing me first players.

Right.  As has been stated here, they wanted more shots for Ed Morrow, Theo John, Jamal Cain, Sacar Anim, and Greg Elliott.

The reason we aren't as good as we should be is because those are the caliber of player we have on the roster right now.  So maybe Wojo knew having Markus shoot the ball a lot and those guys shoot the ball not a lot was the best way to win basketball games, and the Hausers didn't know what was best for the team.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #338 on: March 10, 2021, 04:09:11 PM »
I'm sure the letter begged for more shots for Joey. It's obvious how selfish the Hausers are.  Anytime you transfer to UVA and MSU, it's abundantly clear that you are just a ME, ME, ME player.  And Stevens Point has a long history of producing me first players.

This was supposed to be in teal, right?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #339 on: March 11, 2021, 01:59:34 PM »
Sam 21 5 and 3 in the Cavs win over Cuse in ACC Tournament.

Joey 4 1 and 1 in Spartans loss to Maryland in Big Ten Tournament

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #340 on: March 11, 2021, 02:53:36 PM »
For the 2nd year in a row, Joey has showed us who he is.

Maybe it's time to start believing him.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #341 on: March 11, 2021, 02:55:19 PM »
Two years out of 3.  Sat out last year.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #342 on: March 11, 2021, 05:24:26 PM »
Two years out of 3.  Sat out last year.

Nailing me on a technicality. I semi-deserve it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #343 on: March 11, 2021, 07:33:01 PM »
Hey, Joey had as many point as fouls. Leave him alone.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #344 on: March 11, 2021, 08:40:39 PM »
Hey, Joey had as many point as fouls. Leave him alone.

In 13 total minutes played.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #345 on: March 11, 2021, 08:41:23 PM »
Will he be back?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #346 on: March 11, 2021, 09:00:29 PM »

Plenty of people here an elsewhere suggest something was written.  Go back into the old topics and read if you would like.

Plenty of people “suggest” or even state as fact patently false things on Scoop. You did earlier today. Twice. I appreciated the apology when you were proven wrong. Tower has been beating this drum for almost 2 years without evidence (at least that he’s shared) that a letter even exists, let alone when it was delivered to Wojo. But it suits a narrative, so let’s pretend. LOL.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #347 on: March 11, 2021, 11:20:16 PM »
Will he be back?

I'd guess yes. And I wouldn't be surprised if Joey has a decent 2021-22 season for MSU.

How many years of college eligibility does he have left?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #348 on: March 12, 2021, 02:01:52 AM »
Plenty of people “suggest” or even state as fact patently false things on Scoop. You did earlier today. Twice. I appreciated the apology when you were proven wrong. Tower has been beating this drum for almost 2 years without evidence (at least that he’s shared) that a letter even exists, let alone when it was delivered to Wojo. But it suits a narrative, so let’s pretend. LOL.

I mean, hard to prove a letter between the Hauser family and Wojo Exists.  But, VAScoopers are willing to recognize that Bennet would have handled the situation similarly:
https://247sports.com/college/virginia/Board/16/Contents/Hauser-Intel-on-why-they-are-transferring-131786918/
Reason for transferring was essentially an issue beteeen Markus and Joey Hauser. Markus challenged Joey (with sams permission) early in the year to be tougher. Joey didn’t respond well to that. Things degraded from there. Hauser parents sent letter to wojo about it, no one on team support that move. Markus tried to help relationship by deferring for a stretch of games but ultimately every possession ended up in his hands anyways. After Murray st Markus and Joey had a confrontation. Wojo didn’t step in to stop it, he said the players need to resolve. So when Markus returned Joey was gone. Sam ultimately sided with family(he and Markus are cool). Hausers approached a coach (word is Bennett) who said he would have handled it the same as wojo. Also said if Joey didn’t transfer, two players on the team would have left.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 02:16:06 AM by rocky_warrior »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #349 on: March 12, 2021, 05:31:00 AM »
That has been reported enough places that I accept it as likely.   And the timing has also been mentioned many places.   The only difference is that I blame an unhappy freshman.

https://247sports.com/college/marquette/Board/104085/Contents/The-Letter-131282124/?Page=3

Another version saying essentially the same thing.   Scroll down to the post of 'hackleft'
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 06:30:12 AM by tower912 »