collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 151835 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Hauser Brothers 2021 Thread
« Reply #250 on: February 20, 2021, 01:01:35 PM »
The secret may be to not play Joey?

He just needs to find a good coach to get the most out of him
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #251 on: February 20, 2021, 01:06:24 PM »
Watched the last 15 minutes and Joey barely played other than a few seconds at the end. He’s really being phased out.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #252 on: February 20, 2021, 01:16:17 PM »
Watched the last 15 minutes and Joey barely played other than a few seconds at the end. He’s really being phased out.

He's a streak shooter.  If he's missing open threes his faults become more glaring.  Especially the turns and matador D.  It could be letter time?

GOO

• All American
« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2021, 02:31:30 PM »
Joey Hauser obviously closed out his year at MU not so well.  Couldn't hang onto the ball, turnovers, etc.  I thought it was just a mental thing for him as he wasn't getting along with teammates, etc (and whatever the exact problems were with Markus shooting, etc, I don't know).  Two years removed, with normal development he should be way ahead of where he was at MU.  It doesn't seem like he has improved much.

But it seems like he is having some of the same problems.  And he can't guard bigs, and to slow to guard 3's.
https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/Board/93/Contents/What-would-it-take-for-Hauser-to-get-permanently-benched-161042289/?page=2

Joey, maybe next year will be his year.  Would probably benefit from having a great shooter or two around him to give him space.  Maybe Markus was actually good for him.  Maybe we'll know next year - I can't imagine that MSU will be down for two years in a row.

Sam, same Sam.  He can play, but I don't think he can be the man.  A great Robin.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #254 on: February 20, 2021, 02:33:30 PM »
Joey Hauser obviously closed out his year at MU not so well.  Couldn't hang onto the ball, turnovers, etc.  I thought it was just a mental thing for him as he wasn't getting along with teammates, etc (and whatever the exact problems were with Markus shooting, etc, I don't know).  Two years removed, with normal development he should be way ahead of where he was at MU.  It doesn't seem like he has improved much.

But it seems like he is having some of the same problems.  And he can't guard bigs, and to slow to guard 3's.
https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/Board/93/Contents/What-would-it-take-for-Hauser-to-get-permanently-benched-161042289/?page=2

Joey, maybe next year will be his year.  Would probably benefit from having a great shooter or two around him to give him space.  Maybe Markus was actually good for him.  Maybe we'll know next year - I can't imagine that MSU will be down for two years in a row.

Sam, same Sam.  He can play, but I don't think he can be the man.  A great Robin. And that takes nothing away from Sam.  He would have been great to have for another year at MU.  And had he redshirted last year, he sure would help this team, just having the maturity around.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #255 on: February 20, 2021, 03:28:08 PM »
Joey final stat line 13 minutes 4 points 1 Rebound 3 turnovers 2-7 from the field including 0-3 from 3 point range.

Key win for the Spartans today over Indiana.

Izzo giving chances to players who are more physical.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #256 on: February 20, 2021, 04:32:42 PM »
Izzo said a couple days ago that guys would be playing for their jobs. He said he'd only give significant PT to those who were worthy, those who earned it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #257 on: February 20, 2021, 04:54:45 PM »
Izzo said a couple days ago that guys would be playing for their jobs. He said he'd only give significant PT to those who were worthy, those who earned it.

Mind games
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #258 on: February 20, 2021, 05:11:47 PM »
We need some posters from scoop to go over and set those insensitive, uninformed Spartan fans straight about Joey.   All of their complaints about St. Joseph are Wojo's fault.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 05:17:17 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #259 on: February 20, 2021, 05:16:08 PM »
We need somr posters from scoop to go over and set those insensitive, uninformed Spartan fans straight about Joey.   All of their complaints about St. Joseph are Wojo's fault.

I blame "The Cancer."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #260 on: February 20, 2021, 05:18:01 PM »
Well, there was one poster there who pointed out that Joey was at his most effective with a high scoring ball hog.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #261 on: February 20, 2021, 05:50:22 PM »
I blame "The Cancer."

Maybe he’s not that special of a player

MU82

• All American
« Reply #262 on: February 20, 2021, 05:50:37 PM »
Seriously, tower, we're joking about this, but I believe what GOO says is true (and a few others have said it in the past):

Markus was such a focus of the defense, he created a TON of open shots for his teammates. Think of how many uncontested 3s were there for Sam, Joey, Bailey, Cain, Sacar, etc.

Now, Markus wasn't always the best at seeing open teammates; he was never a real PG and he loved to shoot. But the ball did find those guys plenty.

The time Sam scored 31 in the game at GT that Markus missed when Sam and Sacar shared PG duties has become the stuff of legend for the Scoopers who genuflect at the mere thought of anything Hauser. And that was a great feat, one I enjoyed very much. But the fact is that Sam also averaged more than 20 ppg (on 54% shooting, including 46% from 3) over the next 5 games with Markus back in the lineup.

Unfortunately, Sam went cold down the stretch, just as Markus struggled and Joey was on a milk carton. All that, combined with the bad chemistry, was our undoing.

I don't watch a lot of Michigan State basketball, but I'm guessing the younger Hauser isn't seeing as many wide-open looks as he got as an MU frosh. And now he isn't even getting much PT - which indicates that maybe, just maybe, his struggles at Marquette weren't somebody else's fault.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2021, 06:01:37 PM »
Yes.   Markus forced a lot of shots.  But his presence created open looks and prevented post double teams.

I go back a few games where Joey fouled out and committed a few turnovers in 14 minutes.   Izzo came over to talk to him and I read Joey's lips. 'I don't know what you want me to do.'
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:29:28 PM by tower912 »

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2021, 09:20:39 PM »
Sam 19 -8-3 in Cavs 1 point loss to Duke.

Sam missed a critical 3 pointer in the last minute that would have given UVA the lead 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2021, 10:59:13 PM »
Sam 19 -8-3 in Cavs 1 point loss to Duke.

Sam missed a critical 3 pointer in the last minute that would have given UVA the lead

On the game's final play, it must have felt like deja vu to him as he could only watch while Kihei Clark dribbled down court, fumbled the ball, never for a second considered passing to Sam or anybody else, and then missed a desperation 3. Of course, the difference is that Clark is not a good shooter while Markus was one of the best shooters in the country.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 11:36:15 PM by MU82 »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #266 on: February 21, 2021, 07:04:56 AM »
On the game's final play, it must have felt like deja vu to him as he could only watch while Kihei Clark dribbled down court, fumbled the ball, never for a second considered passing to Sam or anybody else, and then missed a desperation 3. Of course, the difference is that Clark is not a good shooter while Markus was one of the best shooters in the country.
Those end of game situations were probably my biggest pet peeve with Markus. MU might as well have had the other 4 guys stand under MU's defensive basket for all the difference it would have made in terms of who was going to touch the ball, and how many of the opponent's players were going to swarm Markus knowing the ball would never leave his hands.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #267 on: February 21, 2021, 04:41:14 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #268 on: February 21, 2021, 05:07:21 PM »
Article on UVA after loss.  One of their takeaways is Sam needs to keep looking for his shot.

https://dailyprogress.com/sports/rapid-reaction-three-takeaways-from-virginias-66-65-loss-to-duke/article_277ca454-73f3-11eb-a75b-fff0788c4f16.html

Many of us used to say the same when Sam was here. He was a good post-up player and we wanted him to do it more.

Sam had a very good game yesterday. But down the stretch he missed his last 2 shots, including a wide-open 3, got the ball stolen from him, and also got away with an obvious travel.

And in defense of Clark, Sam didn’t work to get open on the final play. He just stood 25 feet from the hoop, with a defender nearby.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #269 on: February 21, 2021, 05:21:39 PM »
Many of us used to say the same when Sam was here. He was a good post-up player and we wanted him to do it more.

Sam had a very good game yesterday. But down the stretch he missed his last 2 shots, including a wide-open 3, got the ball stolen from him, and also got away with an obvious travel.

And in defense of Clark, Sam didn’t work to get open on the final play. He just stood 25 feet from the hoop, with a defender nearby.

He needs a coach that will get him the ball

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #270 on: February 25, 2021, 06:39:19 AM »
Sam 21 and 2 in Cavs loss to NC State.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #271 on: February 25, 2021, 07:20:44 AM »
Sam 21 and 2 in Cavs loss to NC State.

Ice cold first half (2 points) and red hot 2nd half (19 points).

Virginia on a 3 game losing streak.  As I thought, a good but not great team.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2021, 07:57:05 AM »
Current Standings:

ACC

Marquette, 1-0
Virginia, 11-4

Big Ten

Marquette, 1-0
Wisconsin, 10-7
Michigan State, 6-9
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2021, 09:29:32 AM »
Current Standings:

ACC

Marquette, 1-0
Virginia, 11-4

Big Ten

Marquette, 1-0
Wisconsin, 10-7
Michigan State, 6-9

Just don't post the big east standings  ;D

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2021, 10:50:56 AM »
Sam is used to late season losing streaks.