[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180724 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Masks
« Reply #1850 on: December 07, 2021, 04:46:26 PM »
Why wouldn't they be adopted? They're going into effect before the new mayor takes office.

I would be very surprised if there’s not a delay due to a court filing.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1851 on: December 07, 2021, 06:19:59 PM »
In NOLA last weekend. No masks required, but you do need to show your vax card or negative test result to go into a bar or restaurant. Even though we had both, it's a total pain.
Have some patience, FFS.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1852 on: December 07, 2021, 06:54:41 PM »
In NOLA last weekend. No masks required, but you do need to show your vax card or negative test result to go into a bar or restaurant. Even though we had both, it's a total pain.

🙄

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1853 on: December 07, 2021, 07:34:20 PM »
Stay home then.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1854 on: December 07, 2021, 07:37:40 PM »

Did they accept one from a phone pic?  Cause I used that in NYC and it was like a five second thing.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1855 on: December 07, 2021, 08:12:13 PM »
Did they accept one from a phone pic?  Cause I used that in NYC and it was like a five second thing.

Yep, but Glow had gotten a new phone and his albums did not switch over. We found it, but it took a while. We weren't aware of the rules before we got there.
Have some patience, FFS.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1856 on: December 07, 2021, 08:18:27 PM »
Yep, but Glow had gotten a new phone and his albums did not switch over. We found it, but it took a while. We weren't aware of the rules before we got there.

So the pain in the ass was of your own doing then.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1857 on: December 07, 2021, 08:20:24 PM »

Did they force you to show an age document to get into the bar? Now that's some real authoritarian garbage

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1858 on: December 07, 2021, 08:33:46 PM »
So the pain in the ass was of your own doing then.

Rule #8 of hospitality: Never inconvenience a retired mom.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1859 on: December 07, 2021, 08:43:29 PM »
Was it a pain because of how it was done?  Or just cause you had to do it?

We had vax QR codes scanned in Europe entering any restaurant.  It was efficient and smooth. 

However, we showed physical vax cards at a train station.  The attendant was clearly not versed in it and didn't know where to look and it was clumsy and sometimes took minutes per person. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1860 on: December 07, 2021, 10:56:28 PM »
Did they force you to show an age document to get into the bar? Now that's some real authoritarian garbage

Yep. And I hear they actually make parents put toddlers in car seats designed for toddlers ... and parents even have to buckle them in. So intrusive! Freedom now!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1861 on: December 08, 2021, 02:02:06 AM »

😂, imagine complaining about waiting to get into restaurant in an effort to help keep yourself, staff, and other patrons safe in the middle of deadly pandemic because you don’t how to use iCloud, AND not bothering to educate yourself on local rules and ordinances.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1862 on: December 08, 2021, 08:06:36 AM »
😂, imagine complaining about waiting to get into restaurant in an effort to help keep yourself, staff, and other patrons safe in the middle of deadly pandemic because you don’t how to use iCloud, AND not bothering to educate yourself on local rules and ordinances.

Imagine the world not revolving around themselves.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1863 on: December 08, 2021, 12:39:23 PM »
I had a friend who didn’t bring her vax card to the Goodman, despite my forwarding each and every email they sent about their protocols🤷‍♀️
Took us close to half an hour ( we were an hour early as we usually get a drink) to be able to verify her vax status so she could get in, but we of course were doing that off to the side.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1864 on: December 09, 2021, 11:33:22 AM »
Did you need to have proof of a booster shot as well, or was it just the first 2 shots (or 1 for  J &J). On a side note, listening to NPR today and they talked about people are not "fully vaccinated", so stop using that term.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1865 on: December 09, 2021, 01:06:22 PM »
Did you need to have proof of a booster shot as well, or was it just the first 2 shots (or 1 for  J &J). On a side note, listening to NPR today and they talked about people are not "fully vaccinated", so stop using that term.

The photo I had of my Vax card was before my booster was added to it, and they let me in, so I assume it's not required.
Have some patience, FFS.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1866 on: December 09, 2021, 05:04:55 PM »
Not yet. Will be at some point, some other countries have already gotten to that point.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1867 on: December 09, 2021, 05:30:27 PM »
Not yet. Will be at some point, some other countries have already gotten to that point.

Such as?  I know nowhere other than Israel.  Maybe one of the Balkan nations if I recall.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1868 on: December 09, 2021, 05:57:30 PM »
France, for one, is changing their Covid pass requirements. As of December 15, over 65’s need the booster, and over 18’s need it as of January 15.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1869 on: December 09, 2021, 07:24:38 PM »
France, for one, is changing their Covid pass requirements. As of December 15, over 65’s need the booster, and over 18’s need it as of January 15.

So nowhere else notable has “gotten to that point” just that a fairly strict country with some outdoor masking mandates will require it in over a month. Got it.

I don’t foresee compulsory boosters in the US in the very near future, FWIW. At least for gen pop

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1870 on: December 09, 2021, 07:38:33 PM »
That’s one that I remembered offhandedly.
I don’t think they’re alone.
Austria is putting a 270 day limit on the two-dose vaccines, after that a booster is required to be fully vaccinated. The J&J single dose is only valid until January .
I believe I have read of other countries starting to at least look at adopting similar regulations, but I’ not keeping a running list.

Warriors4ever

• All American

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1872 on: December 09, 2021, 08:30:19 PM »
I don’t foresee compulsory boosters in the US in the very near future, FWIW. At least for gen pop

Depending on your definition of "very near future", I disagree completely.  I mean, everyone will be free to not vax, or boost, but their social options will start getting more limited.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1873 on: December 09, 2021, 08:56:44 PM »
Damn lot of hatred on warriorchick for saying nothing more then it was a pain. wow boys, wow.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1874 on: December 09, 2021, 10:00:17 PM »
Damn lot of hatred on warriorchick for saying nothing more then it was a pain. wow boys, wow.

Parrott the official line or the mope squad will decend on you with keyboard fury.

feedback